GoldSrc

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
This is a classic case of "If it's not broken, don't fix it." This perversion of an otherwise good map is no longer unique, it's just like any other idle server. There are already tons of know glitches and shit that people don't like. For the betterment of Idle regulars and nonregulars, I think Idle should be reverted. I know it's only been one day, but please take this seriously.

Spideyy.

Unremarkable User
1. The numerous barriers around the invisible path is a very poor and dumb concept, BUT before I go on YES WE UNDERSTAND IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY TO GET TO THE DAMN GLASSBOX WE COMPLETELY 100% GET THAT YOU WANT THAT. However, this cuts off a decent-sized portion of the map making it feel smaller and more claustrophobic as opposed to the more open variants before it. There's even lots of parts of the path where you can't even JUMP. Fewer areas to go in, less fun and enjoyment to be had

2. The new invisible path is not well optimized and you can easily fall through it. I am not sure if the path has a new implementation, but half the time it seems the path will move or flat out disappear. Even if you mark it with arrows or stickies or other projectiles and proceed, you will find yourself falling to your death. That is not fun, it is needless punishment and makes you NOT want to go to the skybox. Now you simply have to hope that you either don't bug through the path or that you don't get sniped as you snail your way up (which originally could have been bypassed by jumping or surfing up to the box).

3. To an extent, the idea of a teleporter leading to the skybox/glassbox is an interesting concept, however with it being so isolated the skybox has become dreadfully boring. I'm assuming this is due, to a point, the complaint Jermaphobe himself had with his dislike of spawncamping and the new implementations have certainly discouraged them but in exchange for greater lack of playability.

4. The new map is simply bland as if I randomly stumbled upon another random idle server. It is not special. The additions of the actual physical skybox no longer being able to be entered, the surf given much less use and explosive jumping being made impractical due to the massive path barriers makes the server feel empty.

The previous versions made it feel as if you could do whatever you want and go wherever you like freely, but the current version contradicts that. Seems more like the creators want you to just sit in the bottom area like a good little boy scout and do little. The creativity has been sucked out and replaced with "nice and safe" implementations. The only two good ones I can think of are the night sky, which looks GREAT by the way, but the new daytime sky blinds you, on top of being dull, and the teleport to the skybox implementation. Hell, just getting rid of the bloody barriers would make for a massive improvement on the new map, but as it stands now it is dreadful. I have yet to see any regulars say anything positive about the map other than the night sky (I'll link them this thread to voice their opinions). The idle server is the main reason some people contribute/donate in the first place. It was a fun shitpost-like area you could mess around in, chill, mingle, make fun of the morons and the perks made it even crazier and unpredictably fun. Been on Skial since 2012 and donating since 2013 I believe?, but if this map is to stay, then I actively refuse to donate any further as the previous maps were the main reasons I donated at all. They were fun, they were different and I wouldn't have them any other way.

TL;DR. New map boring and small, no fun allowed.
Ye thats why I stopped playing.