Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Whether a kid's 12 or 18, I can't imagine anyone could enjoy him constantly wailing, screeching, giggling and all else on his mic with scarcely a few seconds in between. If micspamming through HLDJ or whatever else is against the server rules, mods should be taking action against kids who simply will not shut up.

I can't be the ONLY one who feels this way.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
One mans meat is another mans murder, if your the only one who is bothered by it, muting is the option. If it is a majority that feels the player is being inane and spammy a vote will pass.
If you feel a vote is not passing, when it should, call an admin.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If someone is spamming the voice chat the server has the option of silencing him.

If the person continues to micspam after that fact, an admin can get involved and either ban him or silence the person himself. Whichever he feels. I would prob silence him unless he has multiple reports.

Otherwise, if the vote is not passing it means the majority of the server either doesn't care, or likes the person. So banning a guy cause a few people do not like what he is saying on the mic is stupid. Use the client mute.
It takes 75% yes votes for a votemute to pass. Out of all of the votemutes I've seen happen on any given Skial server, barely any have passed due to what I can only assume is a group of trolls voting no just so drama can happen when the vote fails or some shit.
30% isn't a majority, 70% isn't a few people.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
It takes 75% yes votes for a votemute to pass. Out of all of the votemutes I've seen happen on any given Skial server, barely any have passed due to what I can only assume is a group of trolls voting no just so drama can happen when the vote fails or some shit.
30% isn't a majority, 70% isn't a few people.

Then you need to learn to deal with it. If a vote is not passing i am most likely not going to do anything. Unless it is complete micspam. I am not banning someone just because you don't want to use the client mute.

I have seen tons of votes pass.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Then you need to learn to deal with it. If a vote is not passing i am most likely not going to do anything. Unless it is complete micspam. I am not banning someone just because you don't want to use the client mute.

I have seen tons of votes pass.
Define micspam then.
I'm pretty sure some kid just screaming without stopping for more than 2 seconds at a time should qualify.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
So basically you are suggesting a rule we already have? "No spamming"

If its spam i will take care of it. If the majority of the server doesn't care i will not

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So basically you are suggesting a rule we already have? "No spamming"

If its spam i will take care of it. If the majority of the server doesn't care i will not
Well apparently micspamming without HLDJ doesn't count as micspamming and is therefore perfectly A-OK according to the fine print in our wonderful no spamming rule.
70% is still a majority and either way it's irrelevant. If a majority of Hale players want some kid to micspam his Rickroll or whatever it's still micspam and still not okay.
What I'm suggesting here is that the unwritten fine print is written to include micspammers using their own voices to be nuisances.