• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Is heavy fist/ sandvich only a bannable offense?

• Yes, it is a terrible thing to do

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No, it is no worse than a demoknight

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicTurretGunner

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Banned from skial turbine EU today for using only fist heavy and giving sandwhiches to both sides. didn't tell who banned me or for what reason apart from the only thing i did above. i do not feel that doing such a thing is bad to the server, as it is no worse than a demoknight that heals people. i have done this multiple times before and was not banned so i dont see why i was now. i suggest you seriously reconsider what the admin's are told what and what not to ban for. i have just found from my friend i was banned by "himym".

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I warned you multiple times, but because you really wanted to go on with griefing you got banned. The ban will not be removed nor will we reconsider our rules. You are the kind of people that make the teams unbalanced and have other people having a bad time.

EpicTurretGunner

sorry, i do not believe that my "Heavy Demoknight" tactic is seen as griefing. as i have said i have done this many times before, not just on turbine, and have recieved no penalties for doing so. how is this worse than demoknight anyway? i am simply going melee only, which is demoknight, and i know that demoknights are not banned for doing such.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i don't even care if your going melee only, giving sandvishes to the enemey team, not killing enemy team is considered as griefing. If you don't think this falls under griefing you should reconsider reading the defenition of griefing

EpicTurretGunner

i didn't kill the enemy team for, oh i dont know, a minute? by the time you had finsihed telling me what "griefing" is, i had already ressumed killing the enemy, and, even though i may have given out 1 or 2 sandviches to the enemy, they did not respond with "He is un-balancing the game, ban him now", i will re state a third time, i have done this before, i have not been banned for it before, there have been admins on while have done it (i believe) and they did not ban me for it.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i didn't kill the enemy team for, oh i dont know, a minute? by the time you had finsihed telling me what "griefing" is, i had already ressumed killing the enemy, and, even though i may have given out 1 or 2 sandviches to the enemy, they did not respond with "He is un-balancing the game, ban him now", i will re state a third time, i have done this before, i have not been banned for it before, there have been admins on while have done it (i believe) and they did not ban me for it.
If you have done it before you should have been banned, mabye the admin didn't see it.

EpicTurretGunner

Or perhaps they saw the entire server doing it and didnt care, because i have been in the turbine server wheere the entire server was "not attacking each other" apart from a certain few, and again i believe an admin was on at the time, maybe even joining in, not too sure on that, but im very certain admins have seen me do it before, and not even care about it.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Or perhaps they saw the entire server doing it and didnt care, because i have been in the turbine server wheere the entire server was "not attacking each other" apart from a certain few, and again i believe an admin was on at the time, maybe even joining in, not too sure on that, but im very certain admins have seen me do it before, and not even care about it.

then you got very lucky that time, but this is my statement for now and for in the future: if i see you griefing i will ban you or whoever this is doing again. And the bans won't stay for 1 day. I don't care how your previous experiences were...these are the rules so everyone can enjoy the server.

EpicTurretGunner

So everyone can enjoy the server? ok, for a start, everyone WAS enjoying the server, only for the minute or 2 we dared to mess around, after that people were fine with it, didnt care, and saw it as a fun time themselves, (may i also note that the other team were also going along with the messing around, and did not all kill me), secondly, so everyone can enjoy the server, ideas of fun include playing the game using all primary weapons and doing everything properly i suppose, and not my idea of "fun" which is to use melee only and generally act silly, again, the other team were going along with this, and i did not see anyone complaining in the chat or on a mic that i was "ruining the server".

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So everyone can enjoy the server? ok, for a start, everyone WAS enjoying the server, only for the minute or 2 we dared to mess around, after that people were fine with it, didnt care, and saw it as a fun time themselves, (may i also note that the other team were also going along with the messing around, and did not all kill me), secondly, so everyone can enjoy the server, ideas of fun include playing the game using all primary weapons and doing everything properly i suppose, and not my idea of "fun" which is to use melee only and generally act silly, again, the other team were going along with this, and i did not see anyone complaining in the chat or on a mic that i was "ruining the server".

I wasn't the only one who asked you to stop. One of my friends asked me in steamchat if you could stop, but that doesn't even really matter.

EpicTurretGunner

Ok very sorry, i upset 2 whole people for about a minute or 2, i still dont really see this as an offense, seeing as others didnt really care.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
src_1339335247814.jpg

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
We can go on and on, but in the end you have been griefing and that's why you have been banned. I don't see skial as a no-fun zone but by following these rules you keep it fun for everyone.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Ok very sorry, i upset 2 whole people for about a minute or 2, i still dont really see this as an offense, seeing as others didnt really care.
It's against the rules no matter what, banning for griefing under very specific circumstances would just be confusing. And yes, the ban is unfair if you only did it for 2 minutes, without the admin warning you. The admin warned you multiple times, and if you're being told to stop what you're doing by an admin then stop.

Also, I'm deeply offended by your posts as a guy that mains demoknight.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's a slippery slope argument. If we let some people off with minor griefing, it poses an example for other people to do it. And it spreads and spreads. That's why the rules and bans around here are tight. Sorry dude.

EpicTurretGunner

Well i didn't see skial as a no-fun zone until this happens, i was simply, enjoying my time, then i was banned for it, additionally was anyone else banned for this? i heard from a friend they were not.

EpicTurretGunner

It's a slippery slope argument. If we let some people off with minor griefing, it poses an example for other people to do it. And it spreads and spreads. That's why the rules and bans around here are tight. Sorry dude.
Sorry, next time i will remember to ONlY play properly and have no fun doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.