• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
since my last post didnt follow the correct format, here is the new and improved version

• Name: dogfloaties
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:38789486
  • Link to your ban or comm block: skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:38789486&advType=steamid&Submit
  • Your HLstats linkstats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=1987436
  • Explain why you should be unbanned..
    i guess ill just repost what i put in my first thread...

so i try to play on skial because i love their servers and it says i am banned. I check to see why and it says i was banned for aimbot. What?!!?!? Maybe if they had some proof of when i did really well that MIGHT make a little sense, but im really not that fucking good. But the person who banned me made it PERMANENT with no proof whatsoever. Can I get some feedback or something? I really like playing on skial and this ban is complete bullshit

sharkstyle

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'll help you out just because it seems you really need it.
--If you read the bottom half of the post regarding bans, proof is requested and evidence in the form of screenshots or demos should be submitted for a successful request. (I don't think it should be too hard to find these. It just might take a little more effort than the minimum, which it seems you have put in.)
edit: Mittens linked it for you.

--I don't think (paraphrase): "What?!!?!? I don't aimbot because I'm really not that good." is compelling enough to for the admins to reverse the ban.
------Just because hacks are used doesn't mean the player will top frag or do well. I'm sure some hackers, generally speaking, don't want to be detected, so they throw in some deaths here in there or lay off the headshots (as an example of a hacking sniper) occasionally.

--As a former admin (not related to Skial), GOOD unban requests typically include compelling evidence and demos of gameplay that exactly mimics the skill when you were banned. Fraps or multilayer video is even better if someone is serious about wanting to get unbanned.

--Also, professionalism goes a long way; there is no need for profanity.

Astir

Legendary Skial King
We have solid evidence your account has been using an aimbot on one of our servers.

You can find our evidence in the report that was submitted about you here.

Unless you can prove you were not hacking, your appeal will be denied and UGC authorities will be informed.

gonna go through this whole post.

--If you read the bottom half of the post regarding bans, proof is requested and evidence in the form of screenshots or demos should be submitted for a successful request. (I don't think it should be too hard to find these. It just might take a little more effort than the minimum, which it seems you have put in.)
edit: Mittens linked it for you.

okay, I didnt see the link because it wasnt provided me at any time, and on the ban link the proof section was empty, so that was what I was going off of. But now that I have looked at it I'll go through how stupid it is. In none of these demos has anything been proven except for the fact that you are extremely passive aggressive and that the way I aim is by flicking. The demos that you have provided are not POV demos, but in fact server demos. The best example I can show you is the video in which TLR is playing some mge and somebody is spectating him.
. There are several points in the demo where it LOOKS like TLR is "shooting and THEN aiming," but it is just the server demo being weird. Also, if you look at the demos there are several times where i aim and my cursor isnt even on the guy who i was fighting. If I was hacking wouldnt my mouse be on the player every time I shoot? There are so many flaws in what you provided that this is ridiculous that an admin could take this seriously.

--I don't think (paraphrase): "What?!!?!? I don't aimbot because I'm really not that good." is compelling enough to for the admins to reverse the ban.
------Just because hacks are used doesn't mean the player will top frag or do well. I'm sure some hackers, generally speaking, don't want to be detected, so they throw in some deaths here in there or lay off the headshots (as an example of a hacking sniper) occasionally.

I didnt say that because it was some big part of my plan to "get away with HAXORZ," i said it because i miss people ALL THE TIME and it is hilarious that someone would think that I would be hacking.

--As a former admin (not related to Skial), GOOD unban requests typically include compelling evidence and demos of gameplay that exactly mimics the skill when you were banned. Fraps or multilayer video is even better if someone is serious about wanting to get unbanned.

this is one thing that you have said that actually makes some kind of sense. I will go pubbing today and give a demo or I could give you a demo of my playing a match as spy in a gold match.

--Also, professionalism goes a long way; there is no need for profanity.

Being banned from one of my favorite pub servers for an extremely stupid reason and having so many people taking it seriously is infuriating to me. Its not my fault if you choose to get offended over a curse word.

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
holy shit, DOGFLOATIES USES AIMBOT LOL. NICEE.

I know you don't use aimbot in UGC, but I'd be surprised you would go so low as to hack.. in pubs? I don't think this is accurate, dogfloaties is just another good sniper. You guys should play more of plat ugc, then tell me al of those snipers are hacking.

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
if you guys werent idiots you could tell he wasnt hacking

I mean, I'm not going to blame them really. Good snipers have some weirdo aim, but it's definitely not hacking. They'd have to see Max!'s frag vid. I think I'll link that...

TheStereo

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I just pubbed. here is a demo of me playing demoman and sniper. http://www.mediafire.com/?dg779jq8s3a7fed
futhermore, this is a demo of me playing spy in a scrim. http://www.mediafire.com/download/gwt58qbivpkms6t/20130609_2122_pl_swiftwater_ugc_thglyf_jfw.dem
You wasted your time with those demos. If you were hacking, you would obviously just turn the hacks off and then record the demo.

I'm not saying you were hacking, but it's not necessary here.

You wasted your time with those demos. If you were hacking, you would obviously just turn the hacks off and then record the demo.

I'm not saying you were hacking, but it's not necessary here.

okay I guess.

is there a way that I can get the server sided demo like what the "evidence" provided was AND I'll record my own POV demo so people can see the difference and that im not hacking?

Gwor

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
can an admin add me on steam or talk to me or something? This could be easily cleared up if some of the admins showed some initiative.

Hi Dog, I'm an a Skial admin and former comp sniper. I've added you on steam and I'm going to take a look at all the evidence here myself and run it by some other comp snipers. I'll also talk to all the people involved with this ban and try to figure out exactly what's going on. I'm in the loop on the reporting to UGC issue, and I'll do my best to make sure this 100% legit before we go there. It might take me a day or so to get everything together, but feel free to accept the friend request and chat with me.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I asked sharkstyle to make a report on the forums because when I joined the server I didn't notice anything obvious. I expected more discussion but Astir seemed pretty convinced right away. The only thing that looks like an aimbot to me is in the report is the second demo when he snaps to the rocket jumping soldier...

Otherwise there is definitely twitch aiming, but that is not uncommon. I think that blaming server side lag for the "fire then aim" is a weak defense. I have watched plenty of hacker demos and hackers and that sort of thing doesn't happen every shot. Sharkstyle even mentioned it to me on steam at the time.
[12:52:25 AM] vA - @sharkstyle_: he bound toggle to his left mouse button. So when he shoots, it snaps to their head. But the shot is fired a split second before the toggle kicks in, so he fails lol
[12:53:57 AM] vA - @sharkstyle_: HAHAHAH. He's so bad. But you can totally see the toggle because there is also a post shot snap action to the head.

Here are the demos that I recorded at the time, but like I said I don't find them too compelling. The second demo shows him playing crossbow medic with a lot of twitch aiming, but it's pretty inconsistent. The third demo shows him as scout and amby spy... also doing poorly as he pointed out himself. I don't know how he is in UGC Gold but then again pubbing @ 1AM is not the best showcase of skill.

Demo 1
Demo 2 (the demo is long but only the beginning is of him, the rest is me playing demoman)
Demo 3

If you review these demos the best thing to do is slow the time down to 30-40 percent when he is in combat.

sharkstyle

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm not just a career pubber although that is all I do nowadays. I have watched hundreds of hours of professional play and no matter the skill level (and how quick they aim), you can still spot and see their tracking and their mouse control is impeccable.

The MGE video: Makes sense to keep a visual on your enemy, it's just the nature of that mode/game. I don't quite see the "shoot then aim" you are talking about.
The sniper frag video: The nature of his kills (style) are varied, which is how professionals are in video games. Some are him aiming, some are timing, and some are him waiting for the enemy to run into his crosshair (and then tweaking, of course). [Sniping hackers are generally the third style and rely on the hacks to do the tweaking. Ballsy ones do the first style as well, exploring, engaging, and scoping as necessary. Hackers cannot do timing shots because they need to see the enemy first and those require experience.]

After watching your demos...
The pub demo/sniper one: Definitely mimics the aim in my demos of you. There is a moment early on when you're fighting a sniper and your cursor snaps onto the heavy that is standing on secondary spawn ledge. After you kill the sniper, your cursor drifts back onto him until you look away. About halfway in, your aim is suspicious when you're fighting a demo in front of his spawn. // You exhibited "tunnelvision" when you were fighting an engineer, ignorning your health and the nearby cart. You also did a funky 180, then a 180 back onto the engineer. All-in-all, I just see a lot of twerky jerky twitchy aim and similar mouse control.
The scrim spy one: Looks completely professional with smooth aiming and exceptional mouse control. (I can SEE you aiming!) There are a couple twitchy moments, but they are completely believable (Moments that sometimes surprise yourself and compel people to make a YouTube video). I have no complaints about this demo really in regards to the topic at hand.

Additions and discrepancies: The two demos you submitted look like two completely different people playing. It may make sense since you play comp spy and you're more relaxed playing that, but the disparity in mouse control just leads to suspicion and discredits your demos in my opinion*.
(Lack of) Mouse control (exhibited), it would seem (honestly), would be due to one of three things:
1) A child is playing that isn't well acquainted with a mouse
2) An adult is playing and doesn't know how to control the mouse well (change of or unfamiliarity with hardware)
3) Fidgeting with sensitivity; adjusting upward in this case. (Software or hardware)

Which brings up the point, I also noticed in my demos of you that you seem to have lower sensitivity because it appears you are only capable of 90° at most, more if you overextended a fling or with mouse acceleration (which serious players tend to leave off). In your two demos, you seem capable of making 180° or greater turns.

I've seen twitch aiming demo players, but the way I play and the way I have observed is that demomen are very good at prediction in where they shoot their pipes or lay their stickies; they don't usually have their crosshairs on an enemy directly unless shooting a pipe on an enemy traveling linearly toward them.

==At the time of this writing, I see mitten's post, but I have not watched his submitted demos. And just for context about my quote in his post, I actually caught on to you when you were playing sniper before 1 AM, where twitching was very noticeable and every shot had the "shot, then twitch to the head" action.==

*In my opinion
--If your aim is legit, with your string of headshot only kills in your event log, I don't know why you don't try out as comp sniper.
--You're not really defending yourself clearly by saying something like; "Yeah, that's just the way I aim as a demo," "I was messing with my sensitivity which explains my twitchiness," "I am new to demo/pyro/*class*," "I was playing drunk."

Linking to well known legitimate players' videos doesn't go too far into explaining your particular case. Maybe you're relying on the fact that you're a comp player to absolve you. Maybe I AM wrong and all this evidence is bad. It's just my two cents dollars(?).

After watching your demos...
The pub demo/sniper one: Definitely mimics the aim in my demos of you. There is a moment early on when you're fighting a sniper and your cursor snaps onto the heavy that is standing on secondary spawn ledge.
After you kill the sniper, your cursor drifts back onto him until you look away.

i dont get why you think that switching targets when fighting is evidence of anything. It seems like you are fishing for suspicious shit at this point.

About halfway in, your aim is suspicious when you're fighting a demo in front of his spawn. // You exhibited "tunnelvision" when you were fighting an engineer, ignorning your health and the nearby cart.

maybe because in pubs I dont give a shit about the cart and just want to kill people? And fighting someone head on and wanting to get the kill doesnt mean I'm tunnel-visioned, it just means I want to kill that person and don't give a shit about the other people around me. Also, you previously saying that "because I'm 'tunnel visioned' in pubs, since you are in gold you MUST be hacking" is fucking stupid and hilarious at the same time.
Pub spy/demo are completely different from competitive play. If you actually watched my demos of comp play, not even accounting for me having a whole new setup and jetlag, you can see that I am thinking about what im doing, and using my gun is a small part of how I play. Some pubber whose only experience is "watching comp" who is telling me that I don't belong in ugc gold because of some bullshit demos youve provided is hilarious and ive talked to some friends involved in gold/plat and they have all thought you are completely unreasonable and hilariously stupid.

You also did a funky 180, then a 180 back onto the engineer. All-in-all, I just see a lot of twerky jerky twitchy aim and similar mouse control.

The way I aim for demoman and spy are also very different. For spy I tend to use a smoother mouse control, as well as sniper, to land headshots and get backstabs. Spy hitreg is stupid enough as it is and flicking wouldnt do me any favors. For demo I tend to flick pipes, because it works out for me. Thats it. I also use different sensitivities on each class if that makes a difference, idk.

The scrim spy one: Looks completely professional with smooth aiming and exceptional mouse control. (I can SEE you aiming!) There are a couple twitchy moments, but they are completely believable (Moments that sometimes surprise yourself and compel people to make a YouTube video). I have no complaints about this demo really in regards to the topic at hand.

thats because I give a fuck in comp play and am comfortable on my setup.

*In my opinion
--If your aim is legit, with your string of headshot only kills in your event log, I don't know why you don't try out as comp sniper.

because sniper is boring and spy is more fun. I'd like to attribute my decent sniper aim to my 1500 or so hours on this game rather than hacks however.

--You're not really defending yourself clearly by saying something like; "Yeah, that's just the way I aim as a demo," "I was messing with my sensitivity which explains my twitchiness," "I am new to demo/pyro/*class*," "I was playing drunk."

well, this didnt fit in to those categories, but I AM on the other side of the country. The demos you got of me were when i was about 6 hours off the plane, jetlagged and on a whole new setup, so that might account for something. Since it was 1 in california time, where I previously was (florida) would be around 4.

my final thoughts:

now that shark is being less and less passive aggressive and insulting, that leads me to believe that he is starting to realize where I am coming from and the flaws in his arguments. I hope that the admins can have that same reaction.
the way I aim with demoman is using flicks. This is not uncommon and isnt a sign of hacking at all. Im not really even sure what projectile-class based hacking would do, but I guess that is beside the point.
an admin has added me and hopefully we can get this resolved and get me unbanned by today, but this whole thing I found was very unprofessional. An admin made this thread "invalid" before I even got to respond, but after I did respond, and some people began defending me, the thread mysteriously became "investigating"
I have nothing against the admins or even the guy who accused me of this, I just want this to stop happening in the future. This whole thing was full of petty insults and misinformation and if people went into this kind of thing with an "innocent until proven guilty" mindset instead of the other way around this whole thing could have been a much better experience for everyone involved.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I wish there was a demo of him as sniper because I don't find what's here conclusive.