• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catswithtophats

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I got a timeout by saying "queers".

I'm assuming the same thing goes for "fag/faggot"

So, you have no proof and you could have gotten the one mod that does ban for queers. I know half the mods do ban for it, the other don't. Like Zeeb.
There was a debate on if it should be fully banned, it didn't pass. So it's not officially against the rules, just at mod's digression. Wop is nothin'
compared to "fag", so... no.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
There's not much we can do if there's no pictures/demos, then again we could just look at the chat log.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
So, you have no proof and you could have gotten the one mod that does ban for queers. I know half the mods do ban for it, the other don't. Like Zeeb.
There was a debate on if it should be fully banned, it didn't pass. So it's not officially against the rules, just at mod's digression. Wop is nothin'
compared to "fag", so... no.

Either way, it's still a bannable offense.

http://www.skial.com/threads/server-rules.136/

Yes, it's a part of the TF2 forums, but we ARE a TF2 community right?

lordthree

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
There's not much we can do if there's no pictures/demos, then again we could just look at the chat log.

It's his NAME that's offensive. I can like... post a pic of his profile if that would help but I've already posted the link. Screenshot/demo should be required when it's in the guys name. What if (and I'm using this as an example ONLY... don't freak out) I named myself Nigge®Beate®. That's a ban. No need for screenshot/demo

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It's his NAME that's offensive. I can like... post a pic of his profile if that would help but I've already posted the link. Screenshot/demo should be required when it's in the guys name. What if (and I'm using this as an example ONLY... don't freak out) I named myself Nigge®Beate®. That's a ban. No need for screenshot/demo
Oh it's his name lol, didnt really bother hurting my eyes to read the name :l

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
With that logic, Brit, Jew, Yank, Guido, Mick, 'Merkin and Wigger should all be banable. They're all slurs against someone's ethnicity.
If Wop is bannable, all these words should be too, no?
I don't see how Jew would be a racial slur, it's what everyone calls them. You don't see people calling italians wops or black people ni**ers on the news

Toxik

Contributor
I've never even heard of "wop" before
According to Wiki,
Guapo—Guappo-Wop meaning: Stout, courageous, valiant, bold, enterprising, good, clever, spruce, neat, elegant, Gay, sprightly, fond of courting women, good-looking, handsome.
Guapo [goo-ah’-po, pah] is one of the words which means: the
Adjective:
1. Stout, courageous, valiant, bold (valiente), enterprising, good, clever. 2. Spruce, neat, elegant (elegante), ostentatious, vain. 3. Gay, sprightly, fond of courting women. 4. Good-looking, handsome (hombre).

Wop is a pejorative racial slur used primarily, but not exclusively, to refer to people from Italy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wop

Toxik

Contributor
And according to (ew) UrbanDictionary:
(n) a racial slur for an Italian or person of Italian heritage. It is often said that this term comes from "With Out Papers" or "Working On Pavement," but it actually comes from the Italian word "guappo", meaning a swaggerer, pimp, or ruffian.
I wouldn't really find this offensive

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
In some parts of the Jewish community, it's considered a slur.
I would only consider it a slur if it were to be used in a bad way, like calling someone a f**king jew or something.

But I can see why some jewish people would consider it a slur.

Status
Not open for further replies.