Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So I was checking out all of the Xenforo ratings that other communities have been using and I came across this.
l21os1p.png

Now I don't know if this can be added easily to Skial forums or not but, if it can, it would be a nice rating to have that way people aren't making a whole new post with just "FTFY" or something similar. I'd also recommend that it'd be a neutral rating too since we only have like 2. I think it'd be nice to put some more variety into the neutral ratings.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
What is sad is is if this happened I would never post again because I have the worst spelling out of everyone. One of my weak points that I could never fix for some reason.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

It would be quite rude to bombard foreigners, who are not native to the English language, with such a rude rating.

Also, we don't need a rating just for jonathon

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Been present in a community that used to have it, was removed because certain people in the community overused it by rating peoples posts "Bad Spelling" if they mad the slightest mistake. Just a personal knowledge of it, don't see very much use for it either way. -1.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I also wanted to point out this would make people scared to even post. They would be scared some Grammar Nazis would come and destroy them. Making people wanna leave because they don't feel welcome at all.

Nothing is stopping people from correcting them now, but people want happy ratings, not ratings that make them feel like trash.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I also wanted to point out this would make people scared to even post. They would be scared some Grammar Nazis would come and destroy them. Making people wanna leave because they don't feel welcome at all.

Nothing is stopping people from correcting them now, but people want happy ratings, not ratings that make them feel like trash.
Scared? To post? Son, what planet are you living on? People who care about ratings so bad they wouldn't post because someone could possibly rate them "bad spelling" have serious issues and should immediately see the psychiatrist.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Scared? To post? Son, what planet are you living on? People who care about ratings so bad they wouldn't post because someone could possibly rate them "bad spelling" have serious issues and should immediately see the psychiatrist.
Any recommendations of a good head Doc?

MaDick Hurts

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
I think he meant discouraged and less active rather than scared and yes some people have rice paper as skin and may not like being corrected every time you speld sumthang wong in a place where grammar is not really important.
I can see people just posting that rating because you said something like 'I's make sentence..', who cares.

Besides, why even create a rating that says you are a bad speller? Just stupid regardless if nothing gets under your skin.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
People have different mind sets. You don't understand unless you think like that person. I guess saying scared is the wrong word, but people don't like to be attacked. I said before ratings don't matter but people CAN take it as a way of if people like them or not. Everyone is different and take things in different ways.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
people don't like to be attacked..
The thing is if people don't want to get attacked on the Internet - the only thing they could is is to unplug their PC from the network and make sure wireless adapter is shut down. Otherwise they have to adopt and stop being so damn sensitive. Internet is no place for privacy, respect and (how it looks like) moral principals.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The Internet is no place for privacy, respect and (how it looks like) moral principals.
I wouldnt say it has no place online. On one hand it never hurts to give respect, privacy, and morality where it's due online. The thing about the Internet is that one just can't expect everyone to do that because everyone is behind a monitor. If one does have such expectations then they will become quickly frustrated since these expectations will never be met.