Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So I was checking out all of the Xenforo ratings that other communities have been using and I came across this.
l21os1p.png

Now I don't know if this can be added easily to Skial forums or not but, if it can, it would be a nice rating to have that way people aren't making a whole new post with just "FTFY" or something similar. I'd also recommend that it'd be a neutral rating too since we only have like 2. I think it'd be nice to put some more variety into the neutral ratings.

Astir

Legendary Skial King
-1, not everyone is a native English speaker and will most likely make spelling errors.

It would only discourage server regulars to come here/join when they get rated in such way, only because they are doing their best for speaking English.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1, not everyone is a native English speaker and will most likely make spelling errors.

It would only discourage server regulars to come here/join when they get rated in such way, only because they are doing their best for speaking English.
I figured the rating would serve as a more polite way to inform them. With a rating present others would be less encouraged to berate someone for their bad grammar. I mean we've all seen how much shit jonathan and others get for their grammar. I figured this rating could be a way to diffuse that.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1 We bash people enough around here no need to encourage it.
If I were in a new users shoes Id much rather receive a neutral rating than have someone call me an idiot. If there is a rating like this, people could just give the rating and be done with it. No insulting post necessary. I fail to see how including this rating would encourage more bashing.

Astir

Legendary Skial King
Or people should just get over it and accept that people, native and non-native English speakers, make spelling mistakes. But I don't see the polite factor when someone gets 10 bad spelling ratings.

Man, JayDee would have millions of it.

EvanFlew

Epic Skial Regular
-1 cuz itzn not very much cool with peopl who do not spek english as first language or nature langage witch is not cool

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1. Ratings don't matter, but people like me can't spell the best. People like me can't control it sometimes, and when people insult our spelling it can be very hurtful. Telling some one has bad spelling does not help them learn how to spell better. All this would do is add another negative rating for people to spam.

(The only reason my grammar is ok is because of Firefox <3)

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1. Ratings don't matter, but people like me can't spell the best. People like me can't control it sometimes, and when people insult our spelling it can be very hurtful. Telling some one has bad spelling does not help them learn how to spell better. All this would do is add another negative rating for people to spam.

(The only reason my grammar is ok is because of Firefox <3)
I said it would be neutral. Not negative. But in hindsight I do agree that this rating would cause more trouble than its worth.

Toxik

Contributor
We dunt have 2 manee speeling erors, we shud have a beter rating if were gona get a new one at all