• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

puffinstuff

Unremarkable User
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
Somebody who has been on the server twice did a vote to mute me so I get muted forever.

I've been playing on this server for years and regularly for the past...year at least. I say "pwned" after every kill.

The ocassional noob doesn't get it. "Why is this guy saying 'pwned' all the time? It's spam" and will do a vote. I tell these people that if they don't like "pwned" they can press esc, ear icon, pwny. Everybody has the power to do this. As a result, we don't need global mutes for anyone for any reason. The people who persist with the votes are kids who are trying to cause problems.

Ask any regular on the server, and they all love having me on the server. Why else would I have been invited to The Skial 2 Fort All-Stars group? Indeed, be given administrator privileges.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/skial2fortallstars

Why would server regular Westers say "the game is so much better when he's bigging himself up to the ether" in reference to me?

https://stats.skial.com/#player/tf/93211826

Why would server regular Prkl say "Westers, you hunting pwny?" and he's also said "I love pwny hunting"?

https://stats.skial.com/#player/tf/64087920

Both of these guys regularly leave the server shortly after I leave.

I ocassionally see a random person on a non-Skial 2fort server who will say, "PWNED" or "I remember you" and it's usually from my saying "pwned" on the Skial server because I don't really play anywhere else any more. They like it. They reminisce.

I can give twenty more examples of regulars who enjoy having me on the server. I don't think there's a regular who DOESN'T like me being on the server. They say "hello" to me when I join, et cetera.

The people doing the votes are not regulars. They're bored kids trying to cause trouble. If they really didn't like seeing "pwned" they would just mute me client-side.

It's not even really spamming. I only say it when I kill somebody. And it's part of the fun of the server. I'm not actually boasting it's just to add some merriment to the proceedings.

And it's the people who keep a server populated. There are loads of 2fort servers, after all, but only one with a guy saying "pwned" after every kill. And it's not just that. There's fun and jokey commentary throughout by me and everyone else.

On the face of it, "pwned" may look stupid and not fun but it genuinely adds an extra layer of fun. "I'm going to kill that guy who says 'pwned'", for example. So like a rivalry. And the people who get that I'm joking appreciate it for the irony.

Yes, I say "pwned" and I have a lot of mutes but these votes are done by misguided noobs just trying to make nuisances of themselves. I don't even mind the 30 minute mutes. But a permanent mute for somebody who adds so much enjoyment to the server is the wrong move.​

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
If the majority of people like you and only misguided noobs called votes on you then you wouldn't be muted so many times since it requires the majority of the people who voted to say yes.

puffinstuff

Unremarkable User
Not true. First of all, it doesn't take many non-regulars to put the vote past the threshold. I can say with total sincerity that the regulars will almost always vote "no" and often will tell the people doing the vote to just mute me client-side. Secondly, it only takes like 75% of the people to vote "yes". I've seen people who aren't talking AT ALL get muted because people just press "yes" to get that annoying vote crap off their screen.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
You just repeated what I just said.

You have been silenced 42 times these past 11 months, and banned from our servers 7 times. There is no mistaken the votes here.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
People shouldn't have to client mute you because you spam pwned every time you get a multikill. That's like someone trying to justify saying the word nigger by telling people to just client mute them if they don't like it. Client mutes are for blocking annoying people who aren't breaking the rules and isn't a free pass to break the rules that you want to break. Also for the sake of your argument let's go ahead and ignore the votemutes and look at your record again. You have 3 bans and 2 mutes given to you by admins for spamming so there's no way you can say seriously something like this,
It's not even really spamming. I only say it when I kill somebody. And it's part of the fun of the server.
You were punished 5 separate times for this by different admins so there's no reason for you to think that what you've been doing isn't spam, and continuing to do so afterwards just makes it look like you don't care about the rules. Also, those "clueless noobs" as you call them are still players who want to play on Skial and just because they call a vote on you instead of client muting you just because they don't want to deal with someone spamming pwned after every kill does not imply that they're out to cause trouble. You can still join the servers but because you've been ignoring the no spamming rule since 2012 you can't chat anymore.