• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Herr Fristy

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
Hi,

Starting today it seems I'm getting automatically banned on all skial servers for the reason "Proxy IP", which I believe is in error as I am not using a proxy. The IP I'm connecting from should be 94.214.86.126, which is the IP assigned to me by my ISP. The ISP I'm using is called "Ziggo".

Please let me know if you need additional information on this.​

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Did you change your privacy settings? If so or not, try changing it to "public" and try again.

Herr Fristy

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I've set my profile to public, which was "friends only" before. I haven't touched those settings in ages though.

I'm not getting autobanned anymore, but I do receive a message "proxy detected" with the note that I should disable it. Does my ip address fall under a blocked range? If so, it might be blocking off a range of Dutch players.

Bottiger

Administrator
It isn't an ip range block, it is a heuristic based on you running services similar to many VPNs.

I would turn them off especially since you are running an old version of apache that has exploits.

If your profile is public but steam is down, you will get blocked because we can't see your profile.

Herr Fristy

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Thanks for the info. I guess it would make sense then considering there's a server in my network hosting a number of services not quite unlike those of VPNs. I'll try and lock it down a bit more and see if that helps. Feel free to mark the issue as resolved.

And thanks for the heads-up on my apache version, some distros really tend to lag behind on updates.