• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

[BonG] ☤ Dr. KhAmiR-UbiTcH

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
Hello,

I'm not banned in the typical sense. I am not able to connect.

As of about 2 weeks ago, I've been unable to join any servers. When I try to connect, it kicks me and says "Please change your name". Prior to about 2 or so weeks ago, I've been able to connect and play with no issues. My steam name has been "[BonG] ☤ Dr. KhAmiR-UbiTcH" for years.

I don't see anything in my name that is in direct violation with your rules. Is this some new rule or enforcement of a rule that came about recently?

Here is my ID in the stats section.
Thank you.​

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Try connecting without the "☤", sometimes the unicode characters sometimes deny people onto servers (admins may have changed something recently to be more strict/strict in different ways). The Skial stats show that prior to 7 months ago your name did not contain that character.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
That is exactly what the problem is. We don't allow certain special characters in our servers because it doesn't play nice with source bans.

[BonG] ☤ Dr. KhAmiR-UbiTcH

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Thanks for the quick response.

I've connected before with the same name. I've had that character in my name since last summer. I'll try again without the character after work and report back.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

I've connected before with the same name. I've had that character in my name since last summer. I'll try again without the character after work and report back.

Name History:
Name Changed - Apr 2 @ 3:26pm - [BonG] ☤ Dr. KhAmiR-UbiTcH ♫
Name Changed - Mar 31 @ 6:24pm - [BonG] ☤ Dr. KhAmiR-UbiTcH( ♫)
Name Changed - Feb 25 @ 6:27pm - [BonG] ☤ Dr. KhAmiR-UbiTcH

Sessions:

2016-04-03 0 / 0 0.00 (0 / 0) NaN
2016-04-01 00:05 / 00:04 0.00 (0 / 0) 0.00
2016-03-29 00:13 / 00:12 0.00 (0 / 0) 0.00
2016-03-28 12:57 / 00:43 0.83 (5 / 6) 0.41

I'm assuming you could not connect due to that music symbol, as you can see based off your history/sessions. Try it with or without each symbol, to see if one or both are the problem. Glad we could help.