Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
To clear up any confusion: this is not a "let us see who rated what again" suggestion.

With the recent changes you no longer get notifications from ratings received (at least it isn't doing it for me) so instead of getting no notifications what so ever when you receive a rating, would it be possible to get rating received notifications without knowing who gave you the rating?

For example, if someone rates a post of yours 'agree' then it would come up in alerts as "You received x1 agree in [insert thread]" compared to "So and so rate your post agree in [insert thread]"

Why? Not sure about others, but I personally like to get a idea of the feedback that my posts are getting

Yes you could go check your posts individually but that would be a pain in the ass

If it can't be done or simply isn't worth it then I understand, just figured I'd throw this suggestion out there if ratings aren't going back to what they once were

Reactions: Shula

Toxik

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Ratings are there to provide feedback for others reading a post. If you are that desperate to see how well or unwell one of your posts was received you can go check on it later.
But then, doesn't that mean that someone can basically go back and rate every single of your post dumb, and you wouldn't even now about it? How would we sanction rate spam if no one gets notified of it?

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
But then, doesn't that mean that someone can basically go back and rate every single of your post dumb, and you wouldn't even now about it? How would we sanction rate spam if no one gets notified of it?
But why would they do that? The reason people revenge rate is because they are butt hurt about a rating you gave them. If they don't know about it - that won't happen. And if there is rate-spamming I'm sure Bottiger can see who did it and ban them.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
But why would they do that? The reason people revenge rate is because they are butt hurt about a rating you gave them. If they don't know about it - that won't happen. And if there is rate-spamming I'm sure Bottiger can see who did it and ban them.
If you're in an arguement with someone and your post got rated dumb then mostlikely it was from the person you're arguing with.

Toxik

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
True, but then again I doubt Bottiger is going to bother with rates and rate spams, especially since he never really liked them in the first place

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If you're in an arguement with someone and your post got rated dumb then mostlikely it was from the person you're arguing with.
Not necessarily. And then what are you going to do? Go off and rate their last 100 posts dumb? I really hope nobody here is that petty...

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Cripes, you people are so whiny when it comes to these ratings. ''Holy shit, some faggot rated my post dumb! My life is in shambles! I'm going to slit my wrists now!'' Get over it already. All they've ever done since their addition was stir discontent and flame wars, anyway.

The only thing anon-ing ratings will do is provide fuel to troll, since all I have to do to piss off ratewhores is rate every single post in every thread I find dumb, with no retaliation.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Why not make it an option under account management? So if people complain just tell them to turn it off

sov

Legendary Skial King
Why not make it an option under account management? So if people complain just tell them to turn it off

obviously if it bothers people, they are not just going to 'turn it off'. They going to be butt hurt about it, and be a little bitch and ruin this for everyone. :(

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
We need it back. I feel like people hate me more than normal when I don't see my daily dose of agrees.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Not necessarily. And then what are you going to do? Go off and rate their last 100 posts dumb? I really hope nobody here is that petty...
Says the Official Skial Dumb Rating Champion™

EDIT: and Self-Proclaimed Skial Dumb Rating Fairy©