staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
there needs to be a forum plugin for a user-custom sig banner that cannot exceed an administrator-specified filesize or dimensions. something that would go alongside a textsig
there's already a limit on forum avatar sizes. I wouldn't see how that would be too difficult to impliment

and overall i'm a +1 on the topic, as long as there is specification that the sig cannot be too large, or flash like crazy. More mellow .gifs please.

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
i need it
lgktErD.gif

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
My apologies, I never expect disallowing animated sigs as a forum rule so I had one for a little bit today. Took it off though once it was brought to my attention. Won't happen again.

Since it causes greater load time, I'd say -1

Bottiger

Administrator
There is no way to disable animated signatures with a switch. Most major forums don't even allow signatures and we don't want the hassle of having to decide what is an annoying animated signature or not.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
is something like that possible to do in the first place?

It may be easier to do something like limiting signature image embeds to imgur only since they have a pretty modest limit for file sizes, which would mean reasonably short gifs.

And even then if your internet sucks you could have people with load-heavy ones ignored until they wise up.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Would it be possible, to upload a gif signature and choose a thumbnail for it once it is being uploaded (Just like a Cover Picture for the gif).
People could then choose on their profile options to either display animated signatures or chose to just see the thumbnail for the signature instead which would be a simple picture.
The default forum options should then probably still be set to display just the thumbnails in favor of page load times.

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
can we have an option where people can click a "don't show sigs" option. That'll allow people with shitty internet be able to browse the forum with no issue while we can have gifs?

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
im pretty sure that sigs would still be a possible thing if they had a limited size, i mean that cant be that hard to impliment, or atleast compared to the personalized Dont show sigs option

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
for me it's not a matter of shitty internet, for me it's the problem of i don't want to scroll past 60 dancing anime girls every time someone posts.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
can we have an option where people can click a "don't show sigs" option. That'll allow people with shitty internet be able to browse the forum with no issue while we can have gifs?
mGNLV.png

The option is under preferences.