ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I guess I quoted the wrong person, my bad.
well it just blocks all signatures, Bott Denied this because the idea of blocking text or animated is too difficult to do
and i guess he ignored the very doable Small File size Signature idea but as lot of people seemed to not notice that idea

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It doesn't differentiate between animated and text signatures.
i know that, it wasn't suppose to differentiate between gifs and text. it's more of an idea where people with terrible internet are able to disable sigs, so they wouldn't suffer from gif sigs by removing it overall.

Bottiger

Administrator
Only allowing small file sizes won't work because you can have a small gif that flashes white and yellow and it would be very annoying.

You can change the file any time after it has been "checked" since it is simply a URL. And it would be ridiculous to continually check everyone's signature.

If you look at the biggest forums like SPUF none of them have signatures because they really don't add to the dicussion. It is simply a vanity feature.

When someone wants to read a thread, they usually don't want to see the same signatures they've already seen 10 times in a row.

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Only allowing small file sizes won't work because you can have a small gif that flashes white and yellow and it would be very annoying.

You can change the file any time after it has been "checked" since it is simply a URL. And it would be ridiculous to continually check everyone's signature.

If you look at the biggest forums like SPUF none of them have signatures because they really don't add to the dicussion. It is simply a vanity feature.

When someone wants to read a thread, they usually don't want to see the same signatures they've already seen 10 times in a row.
Yeah alright, those are pretty valid points, over all i guess the negatives just outweigh the positives