• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

OldKing

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Hey everyone a good friend of mine had his account hijacked by the banned Backpack user, Emcee. So far Emcee has used Midnight's profile to steal and scam from his connections and friends

Account URL here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/YiffParty2001

I know this thread might be out of place, but I feel the need to get this out there.
As you know Midnight has been on Skial for quite some time, and was well liked in the trading community, if you see him, REPORT HIS PROFILE, it is no longer him.
I know for a fact 3 unusuals have been scammed as well as many keys, so please be alert when dealing or playing with him.

Fiddle

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
If your friend trades alot i don't think it's out of place although mods might decide it's better for general idk i'm pretty new to trading myself

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
Emcee has been on Skial Trade for months, and he shouldn’t be because it’s clearly written in the server rules that people with private profiles or inventories are not allowed to trade on Skial servers

Fiddle

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Oh well even a new shit like me can read the rules and see you can't be private and advert on skial

Dutch

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
I'm just really confused of how people can be that dumb to have their account hijacked. I've known Midnight for a few years now. We used to play MVM there for a while when I first met him. I haven't talked to him in some time now but after all of that I would never have thought this could have happend. The worst part of it all is this Emcee person is 14. 14 years old! There is grown adults getting scammed by this kid who barely has any hair on his balls. Like come on people. I don't mean to be rude but if you fall for this after everything he's done it's your own problem. Best of luck to Midnight but just wow.

Dutch

You should ask Cinic
It just really confuses me. I just can't wrap my mind around the idea of someone giving their personal info to someone they don't know over the internet. Everyone knows what will happen so why do it.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
Emcee added me and tried getting me to trade him long before the events involving Midnight, MFJ, and the others happened. It really doesn’t take a genius to realize that someone with several thousand dollars in items who refuses to publicize his backpack is no bueno.

I legitimately don’t feel bad for anyone who gets hijacked or scammed due to their own stupidity.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It just really confuses me. I just can't wrap my mind around the idea of someone giving their personal info to someone they don't know over the internet. Everyone knows what will happen so why do it.
It’s not that simple. A lot of times someone sends a bad link via Steam chat that compromises the account without even knowing it. These victims are not knowingly giving out PII.

Dutch

It’s not that simple. A lot of times someone sends a bad link via Steam chat that compromises the account without even knowing it. These victims are not knowingly giving out PII.
Even so. Don't click links. I think Courtney's comment sums up my opinion.