• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Honkzilla

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
The AFK bots never get kicked? We've been playing with a bot for over an hour now. I vote for going back to AFK kick just add 1 or 2 minutes to the timer..the bots are crap.

Michaelthewither [NL]

Scarcely Lethal Noob
The only problems are: On most maps the AFK bots stay maximally 3 feet away from spawn, or they don't even leave spawn, and they just move randomly like they are tapping W, A, S or D

Jessie

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Ah I forgot to add that the bots can detect spies with no problem compared to normal players I noticed the bots calling out spies way too often.

Jessie

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Another thing about bots, I notice them often just standing in the corner of the intel room next to the ammo pack doing nothing also the engineer bots are the worst I've seen yet. They're literally horrible to be playing with especially when your team has 3+ of them.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The only problems are: On most maps the AFK bots stay maximally 3 feet away from spawn, or they don't even leave spawn, and they just move randomly like they are tapping W, A, S or D
Another thing about bots, I notice them often just standing in the corner of the intel room next to the ammo pack doing nothing also the engineer bots are the worst I've seen yet. They're literally horrible to be playing with especially when your team has 3+ of them.

I think there's still some improvements going on with the way points (what tells the bots where they can/can't go, where ammo is, where they can build sentries, etc.) so they may be bugged here and there on some maps. Engineer bots may also be rather bad until the way points are refined a bit better.

Mentioning which maps in specific have problems with bots getting stuck in spawn/engineers building in weird places could help.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think there's still some improvements going on with the way points (what tells the bots where they can/can't go, where ammo is, where they can build sentries, etc.) so they may be bugged here and there on some maps. Engineer bots may also be rather bad until the way points are refined a bit better.

Mentioning which maps in specific have problems with bots getting stuck in spawn/engineers building in weird places could help.
Iv seen a bit of the AFK bots myself, from what I see, when I go afk all they do is run in and die, they don't even shoot or look at the enemies. So far it does not matter what map, they do nothing when I go afk.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Iv seen a bit of the AFK bots myself, from what I see, when I go afk all they do is run in and die, they don't even shoot or look at the enemies. So far it does not matter what map, they do nothing when I go afk.

All the ones I've ran into are killing people.

If you find bots not attacking people you can report it as a technical issue

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor

NbP2yNP.jpg

your bot must suck then. mine top scored, even ask @ly_dee

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
NbP2yNP.jpg

your bot must suck then. mine top scored, even ask @ly_dee
I'll see if I can record it later, it was only one day it happened, so Ill try again later and see what happens. Just I tried on 3 maps and noticed all my bot would do was run into a fight and die, not fighting back or looking around. #banbiggie

Munch

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
It seems the bots on hightower like to go engie, particularly gunslinger. If this could be programmed out, the market gardeners would appreciate it.

Jessie

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
It seems the bots on hightower like to go engie, particularly gunslinger. If this could be programmed out, the market gardeners would appreciate it.
I disagree, Engineers already had their mini sentries nerf'd due to soldiers complaining about them.

Munch

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
I disagree, Engineers already had their mini sentries nerf'd due to soldiers complaining about them.

Engineers had their minis nerfed because it's a no-skill mechanic that can be easily spammed to the detriment of every class. But that's not what I'm talking about. I simply don't want bots spawning aimbotting automatons on a map that's already notoriously bad for engineers.

If this can be controlled, great. If not, I'll deal with it.

Jessie

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Engineers had their minis nerfed because it's a no-skill mechanic that can be easily spammed to the detriment of every class. But that's not what I'm talking about. I simply don't want bots spawning aimbotting automatons on a map that's already notoriously bad for engineers.

If this can be controlled, great. If not, I'll deal with it.

edit: I think I actually misread what you said, my bad nevermind.