CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I did this earlier with a suggestion that everyone agreed would have been a good idea, but was turned down for Steam's shady Group Chat coding being difficult to deal with.
http://www.skial.com/threads/steam-admin-group-chat-implementation.6015/

I recommend we have a plugin to do "!contactadmin" and it will link you to that Steam Community page. That way, people could see which admins are online, and click their icons to message/add them. It wouldn't require upkeep, since all you are doing is linking everyone typing in "!contactadmin" or whatever we choose upon to a single, static URL.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Or perhaps a notification could be sent from the Steam Group to notify online admins, not unlike the seeding events.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Or perhaps a notification could be sent from the Steam Group to notify online admins, not unlike the seeding events.
Giving ANYONE the ability to make an Announcement on the group? No thanks.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
simple. they abuse the announcement command, they get banned. not really any trouble really.

i like romans idea

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Hm. I guess. I would suggest we have in very large print not to make an announcement (if that's even possible) unless it is against server rules and shtuff, and not to spam it. If we're able to ban someone from making the announcements or what have you, I'm cool with it.

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
On rawr you can contact the admin group with a certain command. Shouldn't be too hard to integrarte.