A

Arsene Wenger

Hi there.
I would like to apply to be an admin on the sever trade_portal2_beta2. I play on this server very frequently, and I would like to help keep things in order, and help people not to get scammed in trading. I have experiance in trading, as I have been scammed several times when I started playing Team Fortress 2, and I have been given some helpful pointers on how to trade well.
HL STATSX LINK: http://www.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=379300
TIME ZONE: GMT-I normally play on trade_portal2_beta2 every day, for about 2-3 hours at most.
I have no admin experiance.
Thank you, and I hope you will accept me as one of your administrators!

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm no decision maker but I can point out 2 things that would make the answer to your request a "no, sorry."

1) You have only 6 hours total connection time to Skial Servers. This shows you are still new on our servers.
2) The trade servers already have more than enough admins.

A

Arsene Wenger

I understand your point.
However, I have spent a fair amount of time on the game, and a lot of that has been on trading servers, similar to the Skial trading servers. So, I think I easily have enough experience to become an administrator.
And, on this particular server, I very rarely see an administrator online.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Why is it that we have n00bs that nobody knows applying for admin? I made my presence very well known before I even thought of applying.

Hell, you shouldn't even be able to make a new post in this section if you're only a guest.

A

Arsene Wenger

I'm very sorry if I have annoyed some more experienced players than myself applying to be an administrator.
I asked a current administrator on the server about how to apply to be an administrator, and he directed me here. He did not point out that you need to be well known and recognised to become one.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm very sorry if I have annoyed some more experienced players than myself applying to be an administrator.
I asked a current administrator on the server about how to apply to be an administrator, and he directed me here. He did not point out that you need to be well known and recognised to become one.
It's not that you're an inexperienced player. It's that we don't know who you are. You're not a recognized member of the community. You might be fully qualified, but we really need to know who you are, how you react to things, and what your mindset is before you may be awarded with the responsibility of an admin position.

We need to be careful who becomes an admin as we've had a couple issues in the past with newer members of the community being granted admin powers that ended up not being good fits. When I became an admin, I was relatively new, but the regulars knew me and accepted me as part of the community long before I even decided to offer to fill the vacancy we had. In fact, I didn't even think I would become an admin but I made an impression upon CiNiC (one of our lead admins) and he pushed for me.

All I'm saying is... Make an impression first... There's a lot of responsibility in being an admin here on the Skial servers. We try not to grant admin powers to people who may abuse them, unlike other servers who seem to thrive on admin abuse.

Sparky

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
It's not that you're an inexperienced player. It's that we don't know who you are. You're not a recognized member of the community. You might be fully qualified, but we really need to know who you are, how you react to things, and what your mindset is before you may be awarded with the responsibility of an admin position.

We need to be careful who becomes an admin as we've had a couple issues in the past with newer members of the community being granted admin powers that ended up not being good fits. When I became an admin, I was relatively new, but the regulars knew me and accepted me as part of the community long before I even decided to offer to fill the vacancy we had. In fact, I didn't even think I would become an admin but I made an impression upon CiNiC (one of our lead admins) and he pushed for me.

All I'm saying is... Make an impression first... There's a lot of responsibility in being an admin here on the Skial servers. We try not to grant admin powers to people who may abuse them, unlike other servers who seem to thrive on admin abuse.
Yeah honestly, its kind of hard to just jump on and become admin after 6 hours of play time (on our servers) you need people to vouch for you

A

Arsene Wenger

Thank you all for constructive replies. I will work on that, and become more well known in the Skial community. Once I feel I am more well known, and become more familiar with the Skial locals, and they become familiar with me, I will retry for an administrator application.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
wow....cant even be friendly now a days without a comment like that
love.gif

ravage007

Unremarkable User
hay i wood like to be a admin on the server skial.com l Bottiger's 24/7 idle ip 46.21.154.178:27015
i play that server from like 6pm to like 3am & some time more i have my own server for terraria & i tryed to make a tf2 server but my pc cod not run 24 player server but i just want to be a admin cos i am goting spawed on the server now buy other players all the time now

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
hay i wood like to be a admin on the server skial.com l Bottiger's 24/7 idle ip 46.21.154.178:27015
i play that server from like 6pm to like 3am & some time more i have my own server for terraria & i tryed to make a tf2 server but my pc cod not run 24 player server but i just want to be a admin cos i am goting spawed on the server now buy other players all the time now
[head asplode]

Reactions: Brick and Toxik

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor

RY8MJ.jpg

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
what r you saying
What I'm saying is twofold.

First, why do all the noobs that nobody knows want to be admin on the idle servers? THAT IS THE SERVER WHERE THE ADMINS ALREADY HANG OUT! It's like being a rookie police officer and requesting that your patrol be the block that your precinct is on.

Secondly... I certainly don't expect perfect English, but please type/speak better than a kindergartener. I mean Jeez... I just typed this post on my Motorola Droid. You probably have a full keyboard and are older than 4.

Reactions: Toxik

Toxik

Contributor
I think it should go without saying that, a base requirement to apply for admin, is to have a decent knowledge of the English language. n not 2 tipe liek dis lulululz

Reactions: ViperStriker2011

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I think it should go without saying that, a base requirement to apply for admin, is to have a decent knowledge of the English language. n not 2 tipe liek dis lulululz
And then people like Toxik have our Euro servers covered by being multilingual. He knows French and English if not more.