Time:
Weekdays: 6:00 pm to 1:00 am; Weekends: All hours
Hlstats:
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
No.
How do you ban your own SteamID?:
sm_ban "#STEAM_0:0:20608251" 30 "aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
The main purpose of this application is because there seems to be a lack of admins on the servers I play on, 2FORT | LA1 and 2FORT | LA2. For the record, I think I have only seen one admin.​
I use to admin servers back in the CS days so I am very familiar with what hacks look like (although there are not many in TF2 in my experience) and it was very rare that I would issue a ban. (Unless, of course, you're character is spinning at 3000 rpm and you still manage to get headshots.) The other day there was a medic that had constant uber charge. At the time, I could only wish I could have done something about it.​
Not to make this any longer then it needs to be, but the only admin commands I would actually like to apply for is silence/gag/mute and kick (if supported); need a way to kick out the AFK that the system is not picking up. I don't know the rules around this for Skial, but there seem to be a lot of "spy crabs" and "friendly heavies" which can really ruin a game.​
If I don't get admin, which is fine with me, hopefully this application will server as a request to get more admins on the servers I frequent.​

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Chat logs seem pretty decent, you constantly inform your team and compliment them.
You did get the ban question correct in the post above.
6 days on connectivity.

+1 for now

Techro[N]

Mildly Menacing Medic
Chat logs seem pretty decent, you constantly inform your team and compliment them.
You did get the ban question correct in the post above.
6 days on connectivity.

+1 for now

Thanks, I wasn't expecting much of a reply considering most users on here seem to be on the East Coast.

Why didn't you report said player for exploiting? That's something you could have done.

I could/should have, but I tend to get into the game and not want to stop to do recordings to prove my accusations of another player; I take it more as a challenge to kill those players (it was only a vaccinator medic). I was also not 100% sure that it was a hack/exploit, but rather about 90% and would need more observation to be certain. I don't drop the ban hammer unless I am 100% sure.

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Played with this Techron before, he'd probably be a pretty good pick for admin.

+1

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think the fact that applicant hasn't even bothered linking his Steam profile to his Skial account shows lack of commitment to serve this community.

Techro[N]

Mildly Menacing Medic
I think the fact that applicant hasn't even bothered linking his Steam profile to his Skial account shows lack of commitment to serve this community.

Could you please explain how linking my Steam account shows my commitment to serve the community? This can be done at anytime.

Techro[N]

Mildly Menacing Medic
Because when you don't have your profile linked looks like some random stranger who stumbled upon this forum and decided to apply for admin position all of a sudden.

Then please do.

That is what the admin application is for, to determine if I am "fit" to be an admin. I don't consider linking my profile to be part of the consideration that is made into choosing an admin, and I believe the proof of that is the application does not require you to link your Steam account. Unless the forum admins or the powers at be choose to make this a requirement, I will continue to keep my privacy. In my opinion, linking my Steam account or not linking my Steam account has no bearing or correlation to show if I am committed to serve the community. Rather, I believe that it is clear through my HLStats page and the comments above from other users who I have played with of my commitment.

opieman2010

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
That is what the admin application is for, to determine if I am "fit" to be an admin. I don't consider linking my profile to be part of the consideration that is made into choosing an admin, and I believe the proof of that is the application does not require you to link your Steam account. Unless the forum admins or the powers at be choose to make this a requirement, I will continue to keep my privacy. In my opinion, linking my Steam account or not linking my Steam account has no bearing or correlation to show if I am committed to serve the community. Rather, I believe that it is clear through my HLStats page and the comments above from other users who I have played with of my commitment.

I support your commitment to your privacy. However, it is hard to evaluate someone without a complete picture - having only your HLStats page would be like looking at only your legs to see if you can run a marathon.

So for the purposes of this application, I have (easily) gotten the links to this important (and public) information.

Profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198001482230

Stats:
http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=2196876

Rep:
http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198001482230

And backpacks can be found through the community or otherwise:

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I support your commitment to your privacy. So for the purposes of this application, I have (easily) gotten the links to this important (and public) information
So you'll be the one helping him throwing out bans should he become admin, did I get it right?

opieman2010

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
So you'll be the one helping him throwing out bans should he become admin, did I get it right?

You did not. I was only commenting that while I think it is admirable to want to protect one's privacy, that to throw up a wall like refusing to link his/her account seemed petty and immature. This application is a request for evaluation - so let the community evaluate the way it wants or withdraw the application.

I provided the links only to show that his information was not private at all anyway, and that his refusal to link his account only paints him as uncooperative.

Techro[N]

Mildly Menacing Medic
The privacy I am referring to is the actual linkage of that information to my account. While I am well aware that my "information" is publicly available and (easily) gotten to, I would still like to have some anonymity. I don't believe I am being at all uncooperative as it was not required for the application.

The privacy I am referring to is the actual linkage of that information to my account. While I am well aware that my "information" is publicly available and (easily) gotten to, I would still like to have some anonymity. I don't believe I am being at all uncooperative as it was not required for the application.

But if you become admin, you should be easily reached by anyone from the forum if they want to report or ask you something, as an admin of Skial.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
I haven't seen an admin pass by here but that's the first thing they ask you to do. To link your account.

KillerZebra said:
Also please link your account.
(admin ap Phaiz)

Twilight said:
Also as someone already stated, link your steam account to your skial account
(admin app jman1547)