Status
Not open for further replies.

Guineatigg

Uncharitable Spy
I guess as a new person i can say he has been very helpful to me since iv joined the community
hes friendly also and seems to know what hes on about id happily say +1

Reactions: Sargent¥

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
What would you do if you just warned someone about being friendly, they stop, but continue to be abusive towards you, saying things like "fucking stupid admin, hope you die, I'm going to Ddos your asses off, fucking piece of shit"?

Reactions: Sargent¥

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What would you do if you just warned someone about being friendly, they stop, but continue to be abusive towards you, saying things like "fucking stupid admin, hope you die, I'm going to Ddos your asses off, fucking piece of shit"?
I would ban permanently, not because of the abusive behavior being portrayed by the user but because of the DDoS threat. Whether he meant it or not, DDoSing is a legitimate crime and I will not stand for said actions being present on any skial server.

Command (using my own SteamID): sm_ban "#[U:1:106005514]" 0 "DDoS Threat"

Gagging for votemenu abuse on 2nd offense: sm_gag "[U:1:106005514]" 4320 "Votemenu Abuse"

Last edited:

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Servers:
TURBINE+ | US | Fast
Time:
Weekdays: After 6pm EST, can hop in if messaged from 6pm-11pm
Weekends: After 4pm EST, can hop in if messaged from 4pm-11pm
Hlstats:
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
No I would not, said position was given to me by superiors, therefore they have full right to remove it for whatever reason and I will respect that.
How do you ban your own SteamID?:
Options > Adv./Advanced Options > Enable dev console > type status in console if on server > copy and paste steam ID 32 > sm_ban "#STEAM_0:0:53002757" 30 "Obvious Aimbot"
Changing the last 2 steps to copy and paste account ID > sm_ban "#[U:1:53002757" 30 "Obvious Aimbot"
Changes were made due to update on August 21st, 2014 listing that SteamIDs were no longer existent and are now replaced with AccountIDs
Any other reason you should be admin:
Before I state why I should be welcomed on to the Skial team, I feel it's best if you got to know a bit about me, while you are not forced too, I'd appreciate if you checked out my introduction to Skial here.
Now that that's settled....my reasoning.

I joined Skial in May 2013, I was not active at the time as I was compelled to becoming a member of the Mann Co Trading staff which I succeeded in late 2013, I am now a moderator there. Which, undeniably, is still a great learning experience, I learned the most I could about trading and, while I do enjoy it, I wish to participate in a gaming aspect of tf2 as well, which Skial specializes in from what I've seen.

Every moment I've had on Skial was either a happy one, or a great learning experience, from the times I was taught the hard way on my behaviour and how Skial treats scenarios as opposed to MCT, to the times I backstabbed engineers abusing the bread glitch on upward to end the game (which was rather amusing). It's all been just a spectacular experience. I wish to explore scenarios like these in greater depths and I feel said position will get me there.

While there are moments like this, there are the unfortunate moments where individuals insist on breaking the rules in which case, I have contacted admins and made reports, but, while admins do a phenomenal job at ensuring the server is at it's best behaviour, they are not always available and I don't normally see any chilling at Turbine (not saying I'd only work on turbine) that's for sure. While I feel reports are easier to manage as they make it easier to maintain evidence in case said user wishes to appeal, they are not as efficient as the issue being dealt with immediately and I feel I have that capability.

Besides being moderator for MCT, I am also current head admin of BGA which is a rather large giveaway group and, while there's not much hardships there, there have been situational events in chat rooms that require at least some responsibility to maintain. I've also been admin on the TF2 server, TF2Butts (Bros United To Terminate Scum) which was unfortunately closed down in late 2012/early 2013 for server fee issues.

As for my availability, it is as it is above. This time is set for summer school as I am taking it for an extra english credit and will most likely remain that way after summer school's conclusion as there is only a month left after completion until actual school starts up again, while it does seem like I am rather busy, I can ensure I will definitely donate time listed on this application.

If given admin, I wish to experience the hardships and success stories that may come in the future with other fellow staff members, as well as keeping all Skial servers I am on / invited too clean from individuals who find it okay to disobey the rules of Skial, and, lastly, an ultimate goal of ensuring everyone who I play with experiences the most of their stay on these wonderful Skial servers. I thank all Skialties for taking the time to read this application (and my introduction if you did) and wish you all a fantastic day.​
I know this doesn't really matter anymore, but your updated ban command is missing something.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Status
Not open for further replies.