ScarrJaw

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
As a user and donator to skial for years, they are my favorite servers and like a favorite water hole a second home. Usually I just deal with trolls with muting and moving on but here is where i have to stand up. I had to block salty mcpepperson and mute him for his behavior that i find offensive, so he spams me with duel requests or wanders in front of me taunting constantly instead of playing the game . Trying to annoy me with your typical troll behavior just on the border of bannable behavior is one thing, I honestly don't care about this normally, haters gotta hate - but the thought that he might gain the power to kick and or ban me from my favorite servers DOES alarm me. I do appreciate that nic is an appropriate warning label, but at the least i have this one post to stand back on when i have to post screen shots of him abusing his admin privileges if this troll is given a loaded gun and i am in the shooting gallery. (I DID start laughing to myself at the image of some cops sitting around drinking coffee while one cop said to another "Wow who would of thought that Punchy McBeaterson might have been abusive to civilians?!?!? :) )

Last edited:

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
As a user and donator to skial for years, they are my favorite servers and like a favorite water hole a second home. Usually I just deal with trolls with muting and moving on but here is where i have to stand up. I had to block salty mcpepperson and mute him for his behavior that i find offensive, so he spams me with duel requests or wanders in front of me taunting constantly instead of playing the game . Trying to annoy me with your typical troll behavior just on the border of bannable behavior is one thing, I honestly don't care about this normally, haters gotta hate - but the thought that he might gain the power to kick and or ban me from my favorite servers DOES alarm me. I do appreciate that nic is an appropriate warning label, but at the least i have this one post to stand back on when i have to post screen shots of him abusing his admin privileges if this troll is given a loaded gun and i am in the shooting gallery. (I DID start laughing to myself at the image of some cops sitting around drinking coffee while one cop said to another "Wow who would of thought that Punchy McBeaterson might have been abusive to civilians?!?!? :) )
I agree that that is not admin like behavior. But the rule violations I noted in your paragraph are:
- Spam
- Not helping your team

Why have you never reported him for any of this, or posted a demo to support your accusations?

Reactions: ScarrJaw

ScarrJaw

Contributor
I agree that that is not admin like behavior. But the rule violations I noted in your paragraph are:
- Spam
- Not helping your team

Why have you never reported him for any of this, or posted a demo to support your accusations?

Well in all honesty his behavior is minor on the troll level compared to the extreme racism and other nightmarish activity on lets say the LA 32 player server: I find trolls are people that usually are people who's lives are diminished and are venting their rage on others to garner attention. Usually the best way to deal with them is to ignore and mute - taking away their one main goal, to garner attention. I have reported the occasional troll but sadly they get banned for a week and then head back on: one i reported with !report is the user Pigeon and he is on the server right now spraying his swastika/Hitler sprays like usual.
FDF05E295F1B38C653F6956AAEF34EC7CF13941B

Don't get me wrong, Skial needs admins - and i use !report when i need to, but i also find the "Don't feed the trolls" is the best way of dealing with them.

Reactions: Reedgreat

ScarrJaw

Contributor
I WILL start recording demo's if its to keep a troll from gaining ultimate power though.

Salty Mcpepperson

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Hi,

I would like to tackle these issues separately as a lot of things were said:

I had to block salty mcpepperson and mute him for his behavior that i find offensive

1. Could you please give me an example of the “offensive behavior” that you muted me for? If you believe I have broken any server rules, why haven’t I been reported? To my understanding, you have half of the server muted at any given time for reasons such as:
  • Disagreeing with you
  • Killing you and taunting
  • Being too young
Let’s be honest with ourselves Scarrjaw, this is a case of hurt feelings because I play sniper which counters you as a heavy main. This has led to you spewing insults my direction as I continue to play the game and stay off the mic. Regulars of the server can attest to this and I’m sure won’t be as tactful about their opinions of you.

So he spams me with duel requests or wanders in front of me taunting constantly

2. I wasn’t aware that sending you two duel requests was considered spam. Considering that we have both played on 2fort LA+ for years and I have sent you around 5 duel requests over this time period, the accusation of spam is incorrect. In regards to the taunting, if you believe I am breaking server rules, why have you not reported me? My guess is because I have done nothing that would warrant a report.

but the thought that he might gain the power to kick and or ban me from my favorite servers DOES alarm me

3. My opinion of Scarrjaw will not have any impact into my abilities to handle reports or concerns from or about Scarrjaw. If a person is breaking the server rules, they are breaking the server rules. It is that simple. If I become admin and you believe that I am “abusing my powers” I would recommend that you post on the forums. This is an elected position from the community, not a dictatorship. Any punishments that are delivered have a track record and can be called into question.

In closing,

Would someone please remove the picture of Hitler. I believe this is not relevant or pertaining to my admin application. Thank you and I look forward to hearing your comments, concerns and feedback.

Reactions: SuperChicken

JordanJ

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor

You block anyone who gives you criticism dude or any single thing you consider an insult. Your insecurity and low IQ is probably one of the reasons you fail in noticing this but you are hyper sensitive.The most trolly thing I ever saw Salty do was snipe and or use the taunt function. Secondly, you give people criticism for racism yet whenever someone who speaks a different language jumps on you go on a xenophobic ramage as for sexism, ur a girl collector it's cringy. You cannot call someone a troll when you literally talk over everyone and call people "retards" (Nice so racism isn't ok but calling someone a retard is fantastic) If you are going to record demos make sure your voice is captured as well. Salty did nothing on the level of trolling I gave you lol that is hysterical. "Usually the best way to deal with them is to ignore and mute - taking away their one main goal, to garner attention." You say this but what you do is mute the other person theeeenn talk about them ergo still giving them attention but not allowing them to reply. It's much worse than that. Anyways whatever Johnny give me my troll or dumb rating when you get a chance. Just wanted to point out this criticism from Scarrjaw is based on hyper sensitivity and insecurity. Just go play with him for a couple nights you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Reactions: Solus667

ScarrJaw

Contributor
Well this once again falls into arguing with trolls. I wont argue with a "he said she said" battle, I will collect evidence if needed. I do hope my favorite servers stay that way. And yes, life is not a popularity contest and if you live life to the fullest the best people will love you and the horrible people will hate you.

ScarrJaw

Contributor
Btw on an interesting side note Pigeon whenever he logs on sprays that and unless salty is blind this is the first time he has complained about it.

Salty Mcpepperson

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Btw on an interesting side note Pigeon whenever he logs on sprays that and unless salty is blind this is the first time he has complained about it.

I have not seen this spray or I would have reported it myself.

i reported with !report is the user Pigeon and he is on the server right now spraying his swastika/Hitler sprays like usual.

Your post was at 1:46pm today. The last time you were on the server was:

Last Seen 09/14/2017 - 12:52:11 AM - 15 hours ago

You can see the user "The Irascible Assailant [MicS] " (ID [U:1:64769146]) speaking in your screenshot. This user was:

Last Seen 09/11/2017 - 02:00:58 AM - 4 days ago

ScarrJaw

Contributor
Nah that's a sever error that flips sprays.. its pigeon, he was banned for that spray when I !report ed him last time.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Cool, well, can we reel things back in this app? @ScarrJaw should post evidence of Salty's behavior if he believes it is unadmin-like; he should report if he believes he's breaking the rules. @Salty Mcpepperson - You can defend yourself more if more concerns are raised.

Thanks!

Reactions: ScarrJaw