Nue Houjuu

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
The first ban was from an intenl grief, I've learned my lesson from that, I dident know it was a rule. The secound was a ban layed on me because of a misinterpitation of me showing people calling votes. Lord3 took some screen shots of people spamming votes the whole round, I copied their name and stuck it into chat since people had been asking who was spamming votes, usualy people dont belive you when you say "Its this guy!" so I copied the chat of the votes. "Someone someone cast this vote" thing. Bottieger was looking over Lord3's screens and banned me for posting them to show people, He though I was the one making votes. it was later reveresed on another thread before I had an account.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The first ban was from an intenl grief, I've learned my lesson from that, I dident know it was a rule. The secound was a ban layed on me because of a misinterpitation of me showing people calling votes. Lord3 took some screen shots of people spamming votes the whole round, I copied their name and stuck it into chat since people had been asking who was spamming votes, usualy people dont belive you when you say "Its this guy!" so I copied the chat of the votes. "Someone someone cast this vote" thing. Bottieger was looking over Lord3's screens and banned me for posting them to show people, He though I was the one making votes. it was later reveresed on another thread before I had an account.
How could Bottiger have banned you from another community's servers?

Nue Houjuu

Contributor
How could Bottiger have banned you from another community's servers?
My apologies, wrong ban, I belive the one you guys are talking about is a christain server. It was a long time ago, and honestly I've grinded so many hours into tf2 its hard to recall. I kinda kept joking around and messing with the people on the server which i'm known to do, and well they dident like me pointing out there were 8 spies on our team for no reason...

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My apologies, wrong ban, I belive the one you guys are talking about is a christain server. It was a long time ago, and honestly I've grinded so many hours into tf2 its hard to recall. I kinda kept joking around and messing with the people on the server which i'm known to do, and well they dident like me pointing out there were 8 spies on our team for no reason...
I can't seem to access kcgamers.com so I'm unable to find any report, but with ban reasons like "idiot" I don't doubt your story.

lordthree

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor

This is true. One night there was some hectic nonsense, and Nue was copying and pasting into chat a few choice things from this other guy. On reading the transcript (or parts) it was unclear what was going on (I'm sure I'm partially to blame for that) and Nue took a hit that he really didn't deserve. It was all straightened out at the end, but I don't know if it's still showing on his record or not.

That being said, he's got a +1 here. I've played with him a lot since that fiasco (and before apparently but he keeps changing his name!) and he's done nothing to indicate he's a loose cannon or would abuse privileges.

my $.02

Geck

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I got an account here mostly because I play on your servers a lot (Definitely a more laid back community than a few others). I also, however, can vouch for Nue.

I've known the guy for about two years now, he's a very patient person (You've gotta be patient to deal with a simpleton like me!) with a good sense of humor. He's also a good trader, so he could help trade-related issues on the server.

My +1 probably has the effect of a squirrel farting in a mesocyclone, but +1 nonetheless.

Yui

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Nue is one of my really good friends and he plays on these servers all the time. I think he's the perfect choice to watch over them +1

Orin

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Well now, this person right here is incredibly patient and gives quite the nice aura. Nue is also pretty calm and caring considering personal experience and has a good sense of fairness so I believe it's one of the best choices around. + 1

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Apologies, specifically it's a spy continually crabwalking.
On attack/defense, this can end up being a valid way for BLU to backcap. Get a spycrab heading towards the second point while the rest of the team is still capping first, and people won't think too hard about whether he could possibly be using a dead ringer and dismiss him as an idiot when he gets killed. Situations can be picked apart by specific shit like this, so your vague question was fine. Dustbowl griefer. What do?

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
On attack/defense, this can end up being a valid way for BLU to backcap. Get a spycrab heading towards the second point while the rest of the team is still capping first, and people won't think too hard about whether he could possibly be using a dead ringer and dismiss him as an idiot when he gets killed. Situations can be picked apart by specific shit like this, so your vague question was fine. Dustbowl griefer. What do?
Oh Dave, your knowledge never fails to astound me.

Nue Houjuu

Contributor
You're playing on Dustbowl, and you see someone griefing. What do you do?
Inform the person by name that they are impeding their team and ruining others fun by their griefing and its against the rules, then tell them that this is their warning to stop. Anything after that is a ban since the person will be well aware of their rule breaking actions.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Inform the person by name that they are impeding their team and ruining others fun by their griefing and its against the rules, then tell them that this is their warning to stop. Anything after that is a ban since the person will be well aware of their rule breaking actions.
Looks pretty good. The only thing I see missing is using "status" in console.
If you think someone is griefing at all, immediately open console and type status.

So someone is griefing, and you did status, and you're about to give them a ban.
However, they disconnect.
What is the command you use to ban after they have left the server?

Nue Houjuu

Contributor
Looks pretty good. The only thing I see missing is using "status" in console.

If you think someone is griefing at all, immediately open console and type status.
My apologies, I'll take note! Thanks for the quick response.