Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
regarding running on punctuation and rambling thats what i get for pulling all nighters, it definitely hurts my communication skills, take that however you want. ill be well rested in around 20ish hours, English wasnt a great subject for me but im confident that i will at the very least be less rambly and more coherent. im not great at conveying in depth ideas, principals, etc via txt due to my typing skills and poor "proper" english.

as to my educating instead of enforcing rules, false votes r false votes, my personal inclination is to upon entry use a say bind to inform what is a false vote. that is the style of administering i would personally prefer. if the party line is ban then ban it is, but i dont see a reason to just start banning every false vote. i did notice you have not played almost no vsh, i can attempt to convey the environment, users and such, but im not succeeding. i stand by my reasoning, id ask if its not to much play some vsh with 20+ people for a bit and let me know. i think with some time on vsh you might get that bannign all the false votes and greifing would be detrimental to the health of the server.
I am just noting that it *probably* couldn't hurt to spend a little time proofreading your typing. When I quote you Chrome lights up with red squiggles.It's not a dealbreaker, but it is nice to be able to read something without having to decipher it. I also despised English, I just learned how to do it efficiently so I can avoid redoing as much as possible.
Actually, I have played on Saxton Hale servers, just not Skial's due to a certain former member frequenting the more active one. I know how awful it can get. But, in my opinion at least, the gag/ban/etc. is the warning and most ought to learn after the first time.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This whole admin application is a shitstorm.

Shitstorm is when it gets derailed. People are asking him and he's providing answers. Albeit it's difficult to read, he's still trying to respond to the criticisms. It's actually what should be happening in most admin applications.

I'm not saying he's doing a terrific job, or a terrible job. I'm just saying it should generally go something like this:

Player A wants admin
Player B has concern of Player A's past behavior
Player A tries to justify/apologize for it.
Player B either has his concerns assuaged or not.

Rinse and repeat - handling criticisms definitely says a lot about your person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Defibyoulater

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm still leaving mine at -1 since I really believe there could be a lot of improvment. Maybe wait at least another month or so.

michael doe

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
But, in my opinion at least, the gag/ban/etc. is the warning and most ought to learn after the first time.
my persistent issue is that the rules are very ambiguous with regard to slay votes, ban and mute/gag are pretty self explanatory imo. i see no issue with a couple hour mute for a false vote but i think a straight up ban for a first time is a bit much. since a quick reading of the rules is not clear as to what is a false vote re slaying. also glad to hear you have personal experience with vsh, some of the early comments re my afk bind led me to believe that the users had very little experience camping on hale.

I'm still leaving mine at -1 since I really believe there could be a lot of improvment. Maybe wait at least another month or so.

care to tell me what i could improve in either the application or my personal actions in the month? while i believe i could do well im very sure i could be doing more, suggestions?

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
First, don't vote abuse. Second, start sending in reports if people are breaking rules. Get to know regulars of Skial and everything.

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
S
-have "invested" huehue well over 2.5k in the game, and have some paypal rep. i own a 50/50 lvl 0 vintage wep set, uncraft wep set, normal strange set, halloween 2011/12 sets
http://manncotrading.com/index.php/topic,3433.0.html
plus ive bought at least 500 usd from keisersoze

-am an active trader and have knowledge on things not reflected in pricesheets, like lvls, dupes, crafts#s and rarities. am also somewhat familiar with unsual trading.
Okay what exactly does that tell us? You trade more than you play?

michael doe

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
First, don't vote abuse. Second, start sending in reports if people are breaking rules. Get to know regulars of Skial and everything.
i dont vote abuse? never have? i know all the regulars on the vsh server? which is where i spend most of my time. as for reports yeah i can do that

Okay what exactly does that tell us? You trade more than you play?
no i play way more than i trade. i trade a lot but mostly steamtrade. by invested i mean i have spent loads of real money on tf2, at least 1500 usd. i buy things with paypal and just pay pure for things i need. i spend mostly on vsh sometimes on trade servers bc i like jetpack and /gimme. despite this 90+% of my time is spent on vsh or normal game modes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Defibyoulater