Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Servers:
SAXTON HALE | US
Time:
mon-wed 3pm-10pm, thursday variable often 3-10pm, sat-sun 10am-10pm
Hlstats:
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
no, i wish to help contribute to the wellbeing of the saxton server, if i cant or am not a good admin i fully expect to be removed
How do you ban your own SteamID?:
console sm_ban "#STEAM_0:1:45951061" 30 "obvious aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
-have extensive knowledge of almost all saxton maps, minus most recent update (citypeak etc), including what is and what isnt an exploit/hacking etc

-have a pretty complete knowledge of all class in saxton hale, weapons, bonuses, bosses

-have a reasonable long time in saxton over a long period of time 14 days atm, and have reasonable playtime on the koth maps, turbine, and hightower.

-have "invested" huehue well over 2.5k in the game, and have some paypal rep. i own a 50/50 lvl 0 vintage wep set, uncraft wep set, normal strange set, halloween 2011/12 sets
http://manncotrading.com/index.php/topic,3433.0.html
plus ive bought at least 500 usd from keisersoze

-am an active trader and have knowledge on things not reflected in pricesheets, like lvls, dupes, crafts#s and rarities. am also somewhat familiar with unsual trading.

-I support the skial community with the tag, and donating.

I decided to fill out a admin application due to the extreme lack of admins (2 for a total of 10 min tops) on saxton hale and the recent explosion of false votes, and use of the n***a. if i was to become an admin i would try to promote proper behavior on vsh server witth the /say command, and create a positive expecience for all users.
while im aware that this seems super flowery and stuff my goal is to make a positive impact on the community, and given the lack of admins on hale and my high playtime i figured id apply.

edit2: my steam name is lepmtg and have been playing under some form of [skial] lepmtg with some trade related stuff on the end atm its (trade offer)

in addition to being knowledgeable regarding trading and such i have a ~90% correct voting over ~1700 votes on backpack.tf though ive been slacking the past while. i also have 6 accepted unusual suggestions, but those r based of personal sales + outpost, not pure suguestions of items i have no experience with.

edit: to all looking at the chat logs and seeing "afk manager gimme a sec bby" if you look very closely they are spaced a minute or two apart which is when the afk manager prompt first kicks in if u dont move enough, like if i was on a tree in crevice, lamp in manncohq, and a bunch of other sniper camp spots, they r [posted into chat only to stop the afk manager.​

Last edited:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
What's with your chat log?

90% of it is nothing but that chat bind. Some of it could probably be considered spam given how many times you seem to use it within a very short amount of time

yFwq7FR.png

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster

90% of it is nothing but that chat bind. Some of it could probably be considered spam given how many times you seem to use it within a very short amount of time

yFwq7FR.png
People type something so the afk manager won't move them to spectator
TKEhvWr.png

Last edited:

Astir

Legendary Skial King
Although your chat logs seem to require some refining, you have set up a pretty decent application with a correct ban command after the first trial. Congratulations on this.

michael doe

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
That's constant spamming it, look at the times.
Hes also not AFK that often, I have played Hale with him.
if u look even more closly u see most of those r around 1 min apart which is around what the afk manager does for standing in the exact same spot, if i bushwacka sniper onto a tree, i cant move enough to trigger the afk manager so i have to chatbind, i bushwacka on trees, and wrangler a fair bit, recently ive gotten a mic so chat is mostly a few selling things plus afk manager, hence the log looking like i just spam afk binds

michael doe

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor

those r almost the bare minimum need to stave off afk manager at first prompt of 120 left to spectate, ocasionally i hit twice by accident =\

edit: if u look that is on manncohq, i camp on the lightpost and it is impossible to stay on the lightpost and move enough to stop afk manager, i can provide a screencap next time on on manncohq if that would help

Last edited:

Avenger

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
My chat logs used to look similar when I was a Hale reg, so I understand that the chat bind isn't spam. The times (to me) appear to be consistent with the afk manager's activation time most of the time. That said, I haven't played with him as of yet, so I'll hop on Hale sometime later tomorrow and see what he's like. So, for now, ±0

Well, lep, sorry bout that. Didn't even bother to check who you actually were ;-;
+1, he's pretty cool

Last edited:

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
His chat log I'm fairly sure is him being a sniper and not wanting to move, he uses his mic most now so he has only that use of chat atm
anyway he is pretty mature and knows the rules, and has a decently detailed admin app. +1

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My chat logs used to look similar when I was a Hale reg, so I understand that the chat bind isn't spam. The times (to me) appear to be consistent with the afk manager's activation time most of the time. That said, I haven't played with him as of yet, so I'll hop on Hale sometime later tomorrow and see what he's like. So, for now, ±0
Thought you knew lep?

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
When you're playing hale, you don't have much time to type out something XD I bind chat a lot too. This is a good application +1

Edit : This guy is lepmtg!? I play with him all the time! He's a really nice guy. :0

michael doe

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
So you're another person who constantly complains about a built in feature?

honestly i understand rage is a part of vsh and i actually believe that rage is needed for certain spots, particularly certain sentry placements like crevice spawn 2, the crane in blue spawn on warehouse. i myself use rage more than id like, given i dont actually play as hale a lot. that said i firmly believe that for the majority of circumstances rage is not needed. one of the biggest issues i would like to address if i was an admin is the crazy large amount of false votes related to hales raging, which is to me abhorrent given the necessity of rage and that rage is in no way slayable imo, presumable i would adress this via sm_cancelvote and a sm_say "please no false votes" or something of that nature via /say sm_say or mic depending on circumstances. while my understanding is that this is very bannable i think that many users are simply not well informed as to what is and is not slayable, bannable, chat/mic spam, reportable etc. and it reflects badly to ban/kick/slay users based on something that they dont know that is not obvious. part of what i would do as an admin is use my mic and /say commands to remind/inform users as to what isnt acceptable. while i feel strongly surrounding bogus slay votes if i am in any way misunderstanding the interpretation of what is and isnt slayable, etc i am more than happy to toe the party line, even if i personally feel strongly about the issue. my role as an admin would be to create a positive enjoyable experience for all users which includes the hale. that said i do complain about rage just like i might about any other thing, i regularly expresss my opinion about the going on re usertrades made on server, helpful links etc. i think complaining about rage is acceptable. the particular instance is one few, times i have used that more than once. with hale regulars i will give them flak for raging when i know they r skilled enough to not rage, i think of it as friendly banter and will often quible with other users re whether something was not needed, assuming perfect skill.

tldr: i complain about rage but use it myself and regard it as a useful and and needed, and wish to address the far to frequent votes to slay hale solely based on a rage single rage, goomba etc

michael doe

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Isn't afk manager something silly like, 240 seconds?

i can try to time it for reference but i believe its longer period of a >60 secs (possibly due to donator perk), then if dismissed via chat recurs approximately 60 seconds till dismissed via movement. bc i only use my afk bind when prompted and chatlog shows it as ~60 seconds, i could mine the logs to get a better estimate, or test on a map, but i only use my afk to dismiss the prompt so idk. it may also be a longer period for the first prompt then a shorter interval? but i believe that dismissing it via chat doesnt give um the same amount of time as moving to dismiss the prompt

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
So, even if its 60 seconds (Which I don't think it is, but who knows). Why does that permit you to hit your bind 10 times, in a period of 10 seconds? What does that accomplish?

michael doe

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
let me be clear i do not pretend i am perfect and im very sure i have spammed it on occasion, but if u look at the entirety of my chatlog u will see that the instances of spammed bind (>2) is very very minimal over my playtime. also i encourage you to play a vsh map camp in one spot and do not move just aim (to replicate my experience bushwacking onto a tree on the hill on crevice, or a lampost on manncohq), and see what your experience is with afk manager is. given the very consistant timing of my afk bind i stand very very strongly by the prompt occurring approximately 60 seconds.
it is certainly possible that there is a better mod available to main vsh, but given i have seen admins <4 times over my 14 days totalling no longer than 10 minutes total, and the recent uptick with n***a and very garbage slay/ban votes that vsh is experiencing a fulltime admin is very needed and imo of the regulars i have a good understanding of maps, the mechanics of the game mode, skial servers and rules, and a every growing knowledge of sm commands i think i can do a rather adequate job until a better fulltime admin is found

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
it is certainly possible that there is a better mod available to main vsh, but given i have seen admins <4 times over my 14 days totalling no longer than 10 minutes total, a

Oh look, it's another admin applicant bitching that he has never seen an admin while he has a lack of admins on friend list and has never made a report thread

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I mean, as a whole there are multiple ways of reporting people. You can come onto the forums, and create a thread. You can use /votereport. Or, you can add an admin from the skial admins page: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/skial-admins
If one of us admins can't deal with it, we can generally report it to one of the other admins, and there starts the chain.

You're right, it would be nice if we had a fulltime admin on every one of our servers, but we don't. And currently, we can't put an admin on every server, just not enough staff. Some of the admins also have outside jobs and living. For example, I'm a software tester, working 9-5. Contrary to the popular belief on jailbreak, we're not omniscient. But we generally respond to reports made pretty quickly. Think about that, and report issues that you see.

Reactions: Shiny Charizard