KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
You were silenced two months ago for abusing the votemenu and reported a month ago for doing the same thing.

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer
You acknowledge people being racist in-game, yet you take no action? You say you want to keep the server in check, but doing nothing is quite the opposite of that.

Darkstar

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
When hear it or read it in chat, I always tell them that saying the "N" word is bannable and that they shouldn't say it and warn them the consqences. While some of them do listen other don't, I usually report them to Meowcenary.

Reactions: Kobe

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Got a few questions for you, mostly scenarios.

1) Someone calls a voteban on the current round's Hale for trying to cap the point, what do you do?

2) Hale and the last two people left are crouching together, not trying to attack each other, what do you do?

3) A kid comes onto the server and uses his mic to communicate, of course with him being so young it's pretty high pitched but he's not screaming into it. Regardless people start insulting him, telling him to turn off his mic. When his turn as Hale comes around he starts getting a lot of others in the server calling him a noob for using the rage. What do you do?

Darkstar

Contributor
Got a few questions for you, mostly scenarios.

1) Someone calls a voteban on the current round's Hale for trying to cap the point, what do you do?

2) Hale and the last two people left are crouching together, not trying to attack each other, what do you do?

3) A kid comes onto the server and uses his mic to communicate, of course with him being so young it's pretty high pitched but he's not screaming into it. Regardless people start insulting him, telling him to turn off his mic. When his turn as Hale comes around he starts getting a lot of others in the server calling him a noob for using the rage. What do you do?

1) (Assuming that I'm a admin in this scenario) I would first record a demo and take screenshots if necessary and slience the person for 1440 mins for vote abuse. Then i would upload the demo as proof in the report.

2) I would first warn them that they're delaying the round and if they still don't listen I would kick them for being friendly.

3) What I usually do because this happens regularly. I tell them if they dont like to hear his voice, they can always client mute him and tell them that its not very nice and ask why are you guys so mean? and about the second part I would say that yeah he is using rage because he can and there is nothing wrong with using rage its apart of the gamemode.

Reactions: Maddo

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
1) (Assuming that I'm a admin in this scenario) I would first record a demo and take screenshots if necessary and slience the person for 1440 mins for vote abuse. Then i would upload the demo as proof in the report.

2) I would first warn them that they're delaying the round and if they still don't listen I would kick them for being friendly.

3) What I usually do because this happens regularly. I tell them if they dont like to hear his voice, they can always client mute him and tell them that its not very nice and ask why are you guys so mean? and about the second part I would say that yeah he is using rage because he can and there is nothing wrong with using rage its apart of the gamemode.
1) Would you not speak to the person first? what about seeing if they have any previous action taken against them for the same offence? Also, you would not need to make a report if you are admin, and demo's can be useful but they are not needed in most cases.
2) What sort of warning would you give, mic? chat? Would slaying them be an option?
3)Nothing wrong here, but remember, you don't have to do anything, nobody is breaking any rules. It is however a good time to establish yourself as an authority figure on the server by doing the right thing and perhaps getting the server focused on the game again.

Darkstar

Contributor
1) Would you not speak to the person first? what about seeing if they have any previous action taken against them for the same offence? Also, you would not need to make a report if you are admin, and demo's can be useful but they are not needed in most cases.
2) What sort of warning would you give, mic? chat? Would slaying them be an option?
3)Nothing wrong here, but remember, you don't have to do anything, nobody is breaking any rules. It is however a good time to establish yourself as an authority figure on the server by doing the right thing and perhaps getting the server focused on the game again.

1) I would speak to the person after the incident and explain to them what they've done wrong to be silenced if they asked the reason through whatever means they use and also take note to see if they have past problems in abusing the vote menu or any passed offences to choose how long to silence the person depending on if its their 1st offence or 2nd etc....

2) I would give them a visible chat warning. Would slaying be an option? Yes slaying would be an option for delaying.

3) Yes that is also a great point to establish that I'm a authority figure for skial in order to restore gameplay and also stop any rule breaking from happening.

For these questions I used my past experiences with admins and how they handled the situations from vote abuse to being friendly and I'm always open to new suggestions in how to handle these situations in order to improve. This maybe a admin application but it is also a learning experience to learn new things and different ways to handle situation in order to improve and to become the type of admin that skial is looking for. Thank you Maddo for pointing these things out to me and they're well noted.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
  1. You hop on a server, you see a vote going on: it is a voteban against a random player named 'xxXxxXIquickScopeyourAss'. A 30 minute voteban for hacking, to be precise. The vote passes. Everyone complains in chat says that he's a hacker and that they are relieved that he's gone; what do you do?
  2. Please permanently ban me for aimbotting.
  3. [U:1:123456] is playing smooth classical music on Dustbowl while you're playing there. What do you do?
  4. I say the 'n' word in mic accidentally. What do you do?
Extra:
  1. You are called to deal with an exploiting report on Jailbreak; though you have no idea how it works. What do you do?

Darkstar

Contributor

1. You hop on a server, you see a vote going on: it is a voteban against a random player named 'xxXxxXIquickScopeyourAss'. A 30 minute voteban for hacking, to be precise. The vote passes. Everyone complains in chat says that he's a hacker and that they are relieved that he's gone; what do you do?
    Please permanently ban me for aimbotting.
    [U:1:123456] is playing smooth classical music on Dustbowl while you're playing there. What do you do?
    I say the 'n' word in mic accidentally. What do you do?
Extra:

1. You are called to deal with an exploiting report on Jailbreak; though you have no idea how it works. What do you do?
1) I would start to collect evidence by asking the server how was he aimbotting and if anyone had taken screenshots or recorded a demo to prove that this player was indeed using a aimbot. Furthermore I would check out the players side of the story and also see if the player has any passed offences against him for such an offense to see if the vote is justified and if he returns and I proof of the player using a aimbot, I would record a demo and permanent ban the player.

2) sm_ban "#[U:1:152151756]" 0 "hacking"

3) Nothing, I would just continue to play the game and if I dont like it, I would just client mute or use the ignore command.

4) I would say to you that the 'n' word is a racial slur and rascism is not allowed on the server and it is also mutable for 1440 on your 1st offense.

Now for the extra question.

1) I would try to quickly brief myself on the Jailbreak rules, go on the server start to record a demo on the person said to be exploiting and if I still don't understand. I would get another admins opinion who is familiar to jailbreak before proceeding to take action.

Reactions: Dave and Meowrisa

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
1) I would try to quickly brief myself on the Jailbreak rules, go on the server start to record a demo on the person said to be exploiting and if I still don't understand. I would get another admins opinion who is familiar to jailbreak before proceeding to take action.
I like that answer.
A lot of admins are still unfamiliarized and have trouble with jailbreak, it's very confusing and stressful, but if you are ever asked to help out I recommend asking Taptap, Beetlejuice, Wilson, or Cr33p3rfreex about the rules. Those are the admins that know more than anyone what they are doing there.

I know I am not an admin, but you can even feel free to ask me if you like. I wrote those rules with help from the others. ^^

Reactions: Darkstar

Darkstar

Contributor
I like that answer.
A lot of admins are still unfamiliarized and have trouble with jailbreak, it's very confusing and stressful, but if you are ever asked to help out I recommend asking Taptap, Beetlejuice, Wilson, or Cr33p3rfreex about the rules. Those are the admins that know more than anyone what they are doing there.

I know I am not an admin, but you can even feel free to ask me if you like. I wrote those rules with help from the others. ^^
Thank You Sroy for the useful information and I won't be afraid to ask you for help.