Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt Price #MSGA

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
That is what he's referring to.

He's saying exactly that - he doesn't see anything awful in your chat.
In "my" chat history or the server that I applied for? Because he didn't refer to my chat history, I think he's referring to the chat overall (within the server). I explain why there's a problem with the chat and spamming on the server in my app. He also says my app seems low effert, so obviously it seems like he's referring to subjects I bring up in my app and the app itself.

Cpt Price #MSGA

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
I don't really have the ability to edit my app, if I could I would take your guys advice to add more to it in all honesty. I have no problem with that to be honest.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
In "my" chat history or the server that I applied for? Because he didn't refer to my chat history, I think he's referring to the chat overall (within the server). I explain why there's a problem with the chat and spamming on the server in my app. He also says my app seems low effert, so obviously it seems like he's referring to subjects I bring up in my app and the app itself.

No.

He's working out how to rate your application.
So he's taken a look at your chatlog and doesn't see anything awful.
So he's then stated that the reason for his -1 is your application, not chat.

Of course he's talking about your application - that is the entire point of this thread.
You've linked to your chat history, so he's given his views on it as his response.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't really have the ability to edit my app, if I could I would take your guys advice to add more to it in all honesty. I have no problem with that to be honest.

You should be able to edit the application - on the bottom there's usually a link that says "Edit", which allows you to change it.
This would allow you to add more information and improve the application if you think it needs any changes.

Reactions: Cpt Price #MSGA

Cpt Price #MSGA

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
You should be able to edit the application - on the bottom there's usually a link that says "Edit", which allows you to change it.
This would allow you to add more information and improve the application if you think it needs any changes.
There isn't an edit button at all... Only a "reply" and "report"

Cpt Price #MSGA

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
No.

He's working out how to rate your application.
So he's taken a look at your chatlog and doesn't see anything awful.
So he's then stated that the reason for his -1 is your application, not chat.

Of course he's talking about your application - that is the entire point of this thread.
You've linked to your chat history, so he's given his views on it as his response.
Ooh ok.. There's no context that implied that, so I didn't know exactly tbh.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
  • Chatlog is mainly just the typical trade spam, so not much to judge from there
  • Personally I would prefer applicants to have more time on many servers/server types
    • 233:32:11 - tftrade
      01:38:43 - tfidle
Furthermore, this doesn't show you in the best light.
Hey lol, he has a point reed.

Corgo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Furthermore, this doesn't show you in the best light.
Explain how that shows a bad response when he only agreed with what I had said? Are you only looking for the negatives here?
  • Chatlog is mainly just the typical trade spam, so not much to judge from there
  • Personally I would prefer applicants to have more time on many servers/server types

• 233:32:11 - tftrade
      01:38:43 - tfidle
Are you saying that because he plays on a server he likes that he should be penalized for that? The requirements say that he should only have at least 200 hours. Not put in many servers or just one.

I dunno, this seems like a very poorly backed up decision. Just my thought.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Explain how that shows a bad response when he only agreed with what I had said? Are you only looking for the negatives here?
The specific wording of his response doesn't show him a very professional manner.
His response contributes nothing, it would've been better to say nothing at all.

Are you saying that because he plays on a server he likes that he should be penalized for that?
No, I stated very clearly that I personally prefer people to play on more than one server.
Having an admin who is only only experienced with one type of server isn't very useful.

The requirements say that he should only have at least 200 hours. Not put in many servers or just one.
Correct, the application requirements do say exactly that.
I'll repeat, "personally" I prefer applicants who play on multiple servers.
It doesn't exclude him from being admin, it is just a reason that I am against supporting him.

Playing on one server limits your ability to get experience with different forms of play.
In addition, it limits your ability to get experience with different forms of rule breaking.

Corgo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
In addition, it limits your ability to get experience with different forms of rule breaking.
Some applicants don't come with zero experience in staffing and rules. While I agree that getting experience in different servers gives you more knowledge in their fields, I believe that it is not entirely determined on playing different servers. How would you be able to determine if they didn't play on different servers before coming to Skial?
Playing on one server limits your ability to get experience with different forms of play.
Again, I agree, but it's not entirely true/apply to every situation.
I'll repeat, "personally" I prefer applicants who play on multiple servers.
It doesn't exclude him from being admin, it is just a reason that I am against supporting him.
Because you personally believe that staff should play on multiple servers, you're still (in a sense) excluding him from staff. If you're against supporting him then why do you -1?

Denis

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor

In addition to his app not being of the highest effort (although in my opinion it is still ok) his attitude does not seem friendly at all. I understand these are just ratings on a forum but immediately after I tried to help by clearing some things up for him he rates my post dumb and disagrees with the others who try to inform him of his error, my point is not so much that he cannot have that opinion of my post being dumb since he can but the fact that he immediately jumped to responding aggressively even though I was trying to help shows to me that he is far too defensive.

To summarise overall I didn't see anything too bad with your application but after you refused to listen to what is pretty standard when looking at a staff app (seeing an applicant's chat history) and instead decided to argue and be all defensive I think your attitude is poor and you seem a bit too hot headed for the role.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
How would you be able to determine if they didn't play on different servers before coming to Skial?

I wouldn't - but I'm looking at how much experience they have an our servers?
They want to be an admin in our community, not another community.

Because you personally believe that staff should play on multiple servers, you're still (in a sense) excluding him from staff. If you're against supporting him then why do you -1?

My personal beliefs do not stop him becoming admin, that's not for me to decide.
It does however change my support for him, community support is important for becoming admin.

"If you're against supporting him then why do you -1" ...I'm not sure you understand what we do here.
You respond +1 if you support the application,
You respond -1 if you do not support the application.

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
If you are going to rate all of our opinions, very well and politely explained as dumb, then the least I can do is return the favor :)

Denis

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
You guys know the app is closed right? You don't need to post any more -1s.

Status
Not open for further replies.