Christian2

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Servers:
PAYLOAD+ | LA | Fast
Time:
I play at various times of the day, Timezone is PST
Hlstats:
Playing Time:
7d 17:34:34h total, I have played in Skial for many years.
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
No
How do you ban your own SteamID?:
sm_addban 30 "#[U:1:31952948]" "obvious aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
Hello!

I have been an admin on the Hyperion server for 3 years and on other servers before that, before I left Hyperion I was the head admin managing 5 other admins and recruited 10 more during my tenure. I was doing too much work on the server and RL was calling so I had to quit for a year.

I know how to spot hackers/aimbotters. I'm very well respected and trusted to handle problems well. I can deal with text/voice spammers very well and mostly tolerate them unless it becomes excessive, which I would initiate a server vote. I also never use admin powers to defend myself, admin powers are there to protect the server not the admin. I have a thick skin online so I don't cry over little things. I also use voice in game a lot more than I type, so I don't have a lot of chat history. But here is my stats on Hyperion: http://stats.hyperiongaming.org/playerinfo/58158

I also participate a lot in server forums, altho I have not registered in Skial forums, but generally I can become pretty active. I also drafted a lot of the Hyperion server documents:
- Admin rules and conduct
- Admin training
- Admin knowledge checklist
- Tiered admin distribution of powers
- Monthly server status reports
- Revised player rules and conduct

I was also responsible for taking Hyperion from a $50/month server to a $300-400/month server. I started promoting the cost/benefits with banners and giving away free donator slots, among other things.

I stopped playing TF2 for a year and now I'm back. Since I've been back I have been playing mainly on Skial servers. I also own the TF2 Tactics youtube channel, and I have produced a lot of tutorial videos:

I also think the skial servers could use an extra admin. This is a sniper I caught and there's many more like him that goes either undetected or unstopped. https://www.skial.com/threads/faze-sniperr-aimbotting.56469/

I hope you approve my application as I am eager to help clean Skial servers of these aimbotters/hackers/spammers.

Thank you,
Christian​

Last edited:
Reactions: Sargent¥

Darkstar

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Ban command is wrong <--- (WRONG)
My apologizes.....

Last edited:

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Ban command is wrong
#1. It's not. Thank you for not misguiding applicants.
#2. Assuming it's really wrong: If you are not an admin, either avoid posting if you are unsure or quote what the OP posted.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Servers:
PAYLOAD+ | LA | Fast
Time:
I play at various times of the day, Timezone is PST
Hlstats:
Playing Time:
7d 17:34:34h total, I have played in Skial for many years.
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
No
How do you ban your own SteamID?:
sm_addban 30 "#[U:1:31952948]" "obvious aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
Hello!

I have been an admin on the Hyperion server for 3 years and on other servers before that, before I left Hyperion I was the head admin managing 5 other admins and recruited 10 more during my tenure. I was doing too much work on the server and RL was calling so I had to quit for a year.

I know how to spot hackers/aimbotters. I'm very well respected and trusted to handle problems well. I can deal with text/voice spammers very well and mostly tolerate them unless it becomes excessive, which I would initiate a server vote. I also never use admin powers to defend myself, admin powers are there to protect the server not the admin. I have a thick skin online so I don't cry over little things. I also use voice in game a lot more than I type, so I don't have a lot of chat history. But here is my stats on Hyperion: http://stats.hyperiongaming.org/playerinfo/58158

I also participate a lot in server forums, altho I have not registered in Skial forums, but generally I can become pretty active. I also drafted a lot of the Hyperion server documents:
- Admin rules and conduct
- Admin training
- Admin knowledge checklist
- Tiered admin distribution of powers
- Monthly server status reports
- Revised player rules and conduct

I was also responsible for taking Hyperion from a $50/month server to a $300-400/month server. I started promoting the cost/benefits with banners and giving away free donator slots, among other things.

I stopped playing TF2 for a year and now I'm back. Since I've been back I have been playing mainly on Skial servers. I also own the TF2 Tactics youtube channel, and I have produced a lot of tutorial videos:

I also think the skial servers could use an extra admin. This is a sniper I caught and there's many more like him that goes either undetected or unstopped. https://www.skial.com/threads/faze-sniperr-aimbotting.56469/

I hope you approve my application as I am eager to help clean Skial servers of these aimbotters/hackers/spammers.

Thank you,
Christian​
Command is fine but we require at least 10 days of connection time, either that or:
  • Mapping
  • Programming
  • Publicizing
  • Big Trader
  • Big Donator
If any of those are applicable, do tell but for now, marking improved.

Christian2

I think the response time to get a mod to view reports on the forum is pretty fast. So that's good enough for me. I'll just post a report when I see someone hacking.

Thank you

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Command is fine but we require at least 10 days of connection time, either that or:

• Mapping
    Programming
    Publicizing
    Big Trader
    Big Donator
If any of those are applicable, do tell but for now, marking improved.
He did say about the publicizing that he has done. There is nothing negative here, in fact the past experience seems to make this an ideal candidate for reviewing. I think you were a bit trigger happy at marking this one, you could have at least waited for his response before marking it, there is no rush to make a decision, we should at least give apps a chance to be looked over.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I think the response time to get a mod to view reports on the forum is pretty fast. So that's good enough for me. I'll just post a report when I see someone hacking.

Thank you
changed due to recent responses

Last edited:

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Thank you
Was gonna bump your app with this once you got 10 days but ruling says otherwise, that being said, +1, best of luck :)

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Very well made app, only concern would be playing time which has already been covered by Maddo and Zebra, therefore +1 and best of luck.

Last edited:

Christian2

Thanks everyone :) Feels warm and fuzzy in here. My former name is Chainspell so if you've seen that name a long time ago, that's me :)