ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Didn't realize didn't put time zone in first post, Eastern NY Time Zone. (Trade NY/Trade US Represent).

Metacity

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
+1 - the friendliest jerk with a heart of gold you'll ever meet, even if I tend to die a lot more when he's around and on the other team... :smirk:

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I'm going to have to -1 this application.

Earlier tonight when I joined the Trade server to deal with some micspammers, you were also present. Instead of making a report or calling in an admin to deal with obvious rulebreakers, you chose to ignore it. Usually I'd just suspect lack of awareness, or maybe you muted them previously and didn't hear them, but every single one of the micspammers was on your friend's list. This leads me to believe that you're already playing favorites with certain individuals on that server, and I'm inclined to believe you would continue that type of behavior once you actually become admin.

In addition to the micspamming incident, earlier tonight someone also let me know about one of the same people I muted for micspam voteabusing another user while you were also on the server. Since nobody recorded a demo of the incident I can't say that the vote was 100% unnecessary, but that same individual has been targeted by server regulars several times in the past before, so I'm pretty sure that vote was abuse. Again, you decided not to call in an admin, make a report, or record a demo of the incident.

Normally, I wouldn't hold it against a regular player for not making a report, since it isn't their job to do so. In your case, however, applying for admin and then ignoring rulebreakers just because they're on your friend's list is a big red flag. I don't think you'd be an unbiased/trustworthy admin.

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
So tonight, I know there was a Voice Changer on which is why I alerted you to him when you made yourself known on the server, but I couldn't record him because he stopped after using it like 2 times and the server message went up about Voice Changers.

TRADE | NY 07/21/2018 - 11:12:39 PM Arayh, MD Heeves was the guy
TRADE | NY 07/21/2018 - 11:12:32 PM Arayh, MD There def was a mic voice changer here earlier, he kept talking in musical robot voices, and stopped after that message popped
TRADE | NY 07/21/2018 - 11:10:25 PM Arayh, MD There was a voice changer here earlier

Then there were random trade offers going out, and random people discussing topics like various games..etc., so I ended up just minimizing my game and using /ignore and muting random people discussing other things so I could work on making various Conscientious Objector posters for people that requested them/bought them, hence I didn't actually hear any mic spamming. When I got back from alt tab/Photoshop/afk, you were already in a giant discussion in all chat, muting people for mic spamming so of course there wasn't a need for me to record anything. If I had actually heard any of the mic spamming besides just the beginning Voice Changer, I would've asked them to stop and then recorded them/reported. I have no qualms about banning and punishing people on my friends list, one of my last server group's admins was actually using Aimbot to test it out and I had no qualms banning him from the servers. I actually ended up following him around on servers with different names for weeks before I finally got full evidence.

As for the vote mute that went on earlier, if we are talking about the same person, it went out because he was constantly spamming and begging for items, which I actually did record a demo of, because number 1, he was begging on a trade server, and number 2, he was spamming the begging, first for a reclaimed metal, then a scrap metal, then a random sniper weapon. And he was also on my friends list but I STILL recorded him and reported as below (and it actually turns out that the majority of the people that play on that server end up adding me because of my constant server presence/giveaways...etc, so I end up having plenty of people on my list from that server and Trade US).
(https://www.skial.com/threads/dahacker-begging-spamming.80151/).

Beyond that vote mute, I didn't see any other Votemenu Mutes go out that could've been Vote Abuse.
@Blade D_Hero

Last edited:

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Voice changers aren’t against the rules. I can probably count on one hand, maybe even one finger, how many times I’ve silenced players for it, and it was usually because it became spamming, not because it was spamming. For example, if they were just constantly talking gibberish, that’s spam. If they’re talking so much you can’t get a word in, that’s spam. Et cetera.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Voice changers aren’t against the rules. I can probably count on one hand, maybe even one finger, how many times I’ve silenced players for it, and it was usually because it became spamming, not because it was spamming. For example, if they were just constantly talking gibberish, that’s spam. If they’re talking so much you can’t get a word in, that’s spam. Et cetera.
Voice changers on trade servers are not allowed, so it's against the rules there but not on our regular servers.

EDIT: I guess within the last five days the voice changer rule has been removed, so the past few messages are just confusing to anyone who wasn't aware of that.

Last edited:

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't see any point in not taking you into reviewing:
  1. Blade above starts playing music on trade and one song he plays has the n word, soft a, with no racial context/intent. This would be his first offense if it is one. How do you proceed with said situation, use his ID if punishment is required.
  2. Recon John has been in the server for several hours decides it's high time he went to bed but he wants to leave in fashion so he calls a votekick on himself for griefing. This would be his third offence if it is one, use his ID if punishment is required.

Reactions: ArayhMD

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
1. For the Soft A, I assume you mean it doesn't have the Hard R, in which case it's allowed given there was no racial context around it, however given that it's music on Trade, which counts as Mic Spam, he would be muted for Mic Spamming and not for racism. Since it's his first offense, I would warn him once, then give a 1 day mute if he doesn't stop.
sm_mute "#[U:1:90982389]" 1440 "MicSpamming"

2. Calling random votes on yourself still counts as spamming on the server and would warrant a punishment. Given that it's his 3rd offense with 1 day -> 3 day -> 1 week, I would gag him for 1 week to prevent calling votes on himself given that it is the 3rd offense. Though I have seen repeats of 3 day mute/gags for these softer spam offenses so may consider doing 3 days vs 1 week depending on further information/other admin input.
sm_gag "#[U:1:161110386]" 10080 "Spam"

Last edited:

S_O_C_K_S

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
That's standard. Go look at the Sourcebans logs.
I stand corrected.....

Is 400 hours enough to be an admin? Seems like most people have over 1000+ hrs. I know somewhere in the thread he said he has thousands of hrs but how do we know?

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I stand corrected.....

Is 400 hours enough to be an admin? Seems like most people have over 1000+ hrs. I know somewhere in the thread he said he has thousands of hrs but how do we know?

You can find a players hours by clicking the little blue button next to their steam profile icon under their name on this forum. It will take you to their Skial stats page. There it will show how many hours they have played on Skial (including hours AFK)

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I stand corrected.....

Thousands of Hours of TF2 the game, on different communities over the years, Nighteam Admin, HG, Skial....etc. On my Steam Profile, you can see how many hours of TF2 total there are, I believe I'm at ~5000 hours (4993?) over the past ~10 years of being on Steam from 2008 -> 2018 (just got my 10 year Steam Badge a week ago, yay), with 500 hours on Skial as of now.

Last edited:
Reactions: S_O_C_K_S