Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Since I'm apparently unable to edit my earlier post, I'll just elaborate with another. Yes, you seem level-headed, you're well-liked among those who know you, and you've got good connection time. That's great. There's a certain "no bullshit" mentality. When an admin sees a friendly on 2fort, their first thought should be something along the lines of "Well, he's breaking a rule." and their reaction should be to kill and then warn the player. This is regardless of who that player is, whether they're your friend, or how "harmless" being friendly on 2fort is.
In addition to that, you tried votesilencing this player: http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=4025811
There was no spam in his logs, no racism, no sexism, ect. He was just being obnoxious. We don't take action just because players are being obnoxious, otherwise our severs would be nearly empty at all times.

I have no doubt that you're a wonderful person, I just don't think you're cut out for administration.
-Dave

Reactions: Toxik and mittens

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
It is in my personal opinion that you simply review the rules and just get some more time on the server under your belt. Also, if you find people breaking rules, you can report them or add an admin on steam and at least in my case if I cannot do it, I suggest someone who might be able to help.

I think if you also spend time on the forums and just silently observe how admins handle reports and ban appeals you can learn some things. If you really want to be admin you will have to smooth out your rough edges. I see potential in you but if you want the position, you gotta work on a few things.

|ᴀɪᴍ| AnnaKushina

Mildly Menacing Medic
Since I'm apparently unable to edit my earlier post, I'll just elaborate with another. Yes, you seem level-headed, you're well-liked among those who know you, and you've got good connection time. That's great. There's a certain "no bullshit" mentality. When an admin sees a friendly on 2fort, their first thought should be something along the lines of "Well, he's breaking a rule." and their reaction should be to kill and then warn the player. This is regardless of who that player is, whether they're your friend, or how "harmless" being friendly on 2fort is.
In addition to that, you tried votesilencing this player: http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=4025811
There was no spam in his logs, no racism, no sexism, ect. He was just being obnoxious. We don't take action just because players are being obnoxious, otherwise our severs would be nearly empty at all times.

I have no doubt that you're a wonderful person, I just don't think you're cut out for administration.
-Dave

I don't participate in those type of things really. Unless what I'm doing with my friends is called being friendly, which it may. I'm not too familiar with your definition of it. About the mentality towards friendlies, as I stated in prior posts, I'll be glad to abide to the standards and ordeals in which the Skial admins follow. My vote silence attempt wasn't much of a rage vote start, I just have a brighter image of Skial's community and sadly the way he acted wasn't in my picture. I apologize for that as I can see it wasn't the right thing to do in your eyes/those of the admins. (I won't be going around banning and muting people, following the admin ordeals of the community). Thanks for the feedback and reply. I appreciated your input. I'll use this as a bit of a learning matter. Once again, thanks.

It is in my personal opinion that you simply review the rules and just get some more time on the server under your belt. Also, if you find people breaking rules, you can report them or add an admin on steam and at least in my case if I cannot do it, I suggest someone who might be able to help.

I think if you also spend time on the forums and just silently observe how admins handle reports and ban appeals you can learn some things. If you really want to be admin you will have to smooth out your rough edges. I see potential in you but if you want the position, you gotta work on a few things.
Thanks for your suggestions/opinions. I'll gladly take them and try them out. I acknowledge that I have faults and flaws in my habits. (a bit too lenient/dislike for obnoxious behavior) I'll work on these in the meantime. Thanks for your input once again.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Being 2fort's regular for two years I have zero tolerance towards friendly players. I believe I recall seeing you being friendly one time. You wanna have fun? Go to Trade or Idle and have fun there. On 2fort "fun" assumes capping the Intel. It's great that you recognize your faults but, unfortunately, it is not enough in my humble opinion. It looks like you'll have to go clean for a certain period of time before those who gave you their -1's would reconsider their position.

-1 from me for now.