ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I'm a regular on CLASS WARS+ | US | Fast and I've noticed that besides koth_harvest_final, there are no other koth maps in the rotation which is disappointing since koth maps are really fun, such as koth_lakeside_final or viaduct. It would be great to add at least two more koth maps to the map rotation.

Also, I think ctf_2fort should be removed from the rotation since stealing the intel is nearly impossible and we have to wait until the timer runs out even if the rtv option has been initiated.

Let me know what you guys think, which koth map(s) you would like added. Also mention if you want ctf_2fort removed.

Cheers!

Δ Lightning

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Contributor
+1. Sheesh I totally forgot about nucleus! So ya I would like all 3 koth maps (nucleus, lakeside and viaduct) added to the map rotation list. And yes to ctf_2fort being removed.

ps: she stole my thoughts on this thread

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1 I would love to see more koth maps added, I'd donate blood for a shot at CLASS WARS on Viaduct.

Δ sirchuntsalot

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
moar koth, less 2fort +1.
Edit: i could see both_king being fun due to its utter chaotic atmosphere, viaduct is always fun, nucleus could be crazy as well
im not saying get rid of 2fort, just that some variation would be fun

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
Harvest is the only popular koth map. The 2nd most popular koth map is ranked 50th in popularity.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
In general you mean? But this is class wars. I'm sure it could bring more people to join the server.

Sifu

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Contributor
+1000

Nucleus/Lakeside/Viaduct would be great. There is a vote menu anyway so you have nothing to loose adding them.

Δ Lightning

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Contributor
What we can lose is a populated server
You wouldn't lose a populated server because it has so many regular players plus the intensity with which harvest is played, that same intensity will be carried over to nucleus and lakeside. The fact that 2fort doesn't empty out the server despite it being near impossible to steal the intel, thus change the classes after a round, proves that players will stay despite the stalemate. Adding new maps would spice it up for so many of us regulars.

Bottiger

Administrator
We used to have koth servers in every region and they were the first servers to die out. People just don't like koth that much except for harvest. I don't see why that would change just because it is class wars. Class wars isn't that popular it does about average compared to our other servers.

When we first started the server we ran every official map and it was really hard to fill. The 2fort argument isn't very convincing either since it is the #1 map and people like it regardless of objectives.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
May i ask you when you launched the class wars servers?

It isn't popular yet maybe because some people don't even know those servers exist. Some of my friends, who have been playing on skial for years, have never heard about it until recently. They'd either follow me on the server or i'd ask them to join me.

So i guess it might take some time for it to become more popular.

Bottiger

Administrator
May i ask you when you launched the class wars servers?

It isn't popular yet maybe because some people don't even know those servers exist. Some of my friends, who have been playing on skial for years, have never heard about it until recently. They'd either follow me on the server or i'd ask them to join me.

So i guess it might take some time for it to become more popular.

They were launched in December so that's almost 5 months ago. And it is now 4 PM EST and Class Wars US only has 2 people in it.