Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
so we can stop voteabuse from going through.

TL;DR: I see a lot of vote abuse happen and its not uncommon for the votes to succeed on innocent people. Having the ability for admins to cancel a abusive voteban/votemute would be great

Boring long version:
If its too much of a hassle to add its not that big of a deal, but if it wouldn't be too hard to add it would be a great addition.

I play on VSH/death run a lot and I've seen quite a few hales who were successfully slayed when they weren't breaking the rules. It's not uncommon for people to vote yes because they're dead and want the round to restart by slaying hale when he's innocent.

I also see quite a few votes going through because someone's too lazy to client mute a "squeaker" so they try to votesilence them (and it usually goes through because people are too lazy to client mute the kid and instead spend 30 minutes complaining in chat trying to votemute them)

That doesn't scratch the surface of all the successful vote abuse on people I've seen but it should give an idea

Hiiglane

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
>Is being silent while playing Hale
>People assume its a freerun
>Kills 15 people with a trap
>Gets voteslayed for "False Freerun"

I gotta suport this too, getting annoyed at the amount of squeakers and hales getting unjustified votemute/slay/banned. Voteslayed a guy for griefing platforms and killing about 3 people, he tried to voteban me.

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
So is this a way for a mod who is on a server to stop a vote with a command?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So is this a way for a mod who is on a server to stop a vote with a command?

Yeah pretty much

If you were in a server with me and someone tries to voteslay you for liking seals I would be able to cancel the vote before it finishes.

Currently its someone calls a vote on a innocent person and the player being voted against is entirely at the mercy of the server regardless of whether or not I silenced the voteabuser.

This will give the admins the ability to stop the vote entirely to avoid the possibility of it succeeding on someone who didn't break the rules

D3xus

Gore-Spattered Heavy
+1

sm_cancelvote exists as a Sourcemod command, but isn't enabled by default. This would be a great command for cancelling some in-progress vote abuse, or some other vote that should be cancelled.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I have addded sm_cancel_vote for admins. It should cancel anything coming from votemenu.

Wew

Thanks

Is there a chat command version? If not I have no issue using the console but wanted to see

Edit - I figured it out, its /cancelvote

Last edited:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
/cancel_vote?

No I mean the server says we don't have permission to use the command. Doesn't matter if I do it in console or through chat, it returns the "You do not have permission to use this command" error

I asked someone to call a voteslay on themselves while they were dead and tested the command on it, returned the no permission error

Bottiger

Administrator
The command would be /cancel_vote. I have no idea what /cancelvote is. It is probably from some random plugin.