catgirl dumpster

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Most tf2 related servers seem to have a trading channel on discord.
I think skial should have one as well, it's gonna gonna make the skial discord community more active~ more people will join to trade or just browse for tf2 stuff >w<

This is what pyrojoe's discord trade channel looks like~

example_2.PNG

I can list more discord servers but heh lazy -w-

Reactions: ArayhMD

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The server is not to determine prices, it's literally so people can trade. It's like a trading server without being in TF2. Like in the picture posted in the original post, there are communities with these trading discords where people literally post ads, and then get added on linked steam accounts to discord, and trade.

It's faster than posting on a forum because discord is a real chat system, and has the same instant gratification as a trading server, and because it is a discord server and not a game server, it can have more than 32 people, which means you get more backpacks and trades, than whatever you can find in a measly 32 people game server.
You do know there are websites fully dedicated to TF2 Trading, it's not limited to ingame servers and discords, right?

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
You do know there are websites fully dedicated to TF2 Trading, it's not limited to ingame servers and discords, right?

Yeah but Marketplace.tf uses real money. Steam Community Market is always overpriced.
Backpack.tf is not dominated by auto-trade bots. Which brings my point to, people don't like waiting for others to add them, or write on a forum, or look at a trade offer. People like instant gratification. And this just brings another dimension to the trading that goes on in Skial Trade Servers.

And I still don't see how there's any downside to adding a channel in discord for trading, that's not going to broadcast at everyone or spam you in discord.
It's not like discord is charging you for having a channel.

At best, this can add on an additional dimension for trading, potentially bring more traders to the trade servers. And at worst, this will do nothing, it's not offensive, or toxic, and will not impact Skial negatively at all. So seems like only good can come of it, why not try it out.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
There's really no reason to have that feature on our Discord. The argument of "there's too many Discord channels" is not a real argument, considering you don't have to click on that channel if you don't want to. Opening up a new channel is, as Arayh said, not detrimental to us, since it literally costs nothing and could bring more users to the Discord.

+1 to this suggestion.

Reactions: ArayhMD