Approved Add a trade text channel on discord

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HugeFluffyNeko, Oct 8, 2018.

?

should there be a trading channel on skial discord?

1. yes

60.0%
  2. no

35.0%
  3. make one already pwease uwu

5.0%
  1. HugeFluffyNeko

HugeFluffyNeko Somewhat Threatening Sniper Contributor

Steam:

Most tf2 related servers seem to have a trading channel on discord.
    I think skial should have one as well, it's gonna gonna make the skial discord community more active~ more people will join to trade or just browse for tf2 stuff >w<

This is what pyrojoe's discord trade channel looks like~

[​IMG]

I can list more discord servers but heh lazy -w-

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ArayhMD

ArayhMD TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

+1
    Won’t be bad to have a channel, the trade servers are always very populated so could bring some people into discord, increase trades.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  3. san7890

san7890 Face-Melting F2Per Contributor

Steam:

-1. We have too many discord channels. I'm not even sure on how many people use the site for tf2 trading (although I would like to be proved wrong on this subject)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. uppe-r

uppe-r Truly Feared Pyro Contributor

Steam:

5. defse

defse Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight

Steam:

+1

6. Maddo

Maddo Forum Admin Contributor

Steam:

What would be the advantage of this over trading on the forum?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ShakSheep

ShakSheep Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

Believe it or not, most people prefer to use a way that's more convenient to them. I agree what the OP of this thread is saying, lots of people use discord now and that number is continuing to grow as time passes. I have been to multiple tf2 servers/communities that include this kind of stuff on the channels of their discord servers and had gained a decent amount of people posting on those channels as a result vs. posting that trade on here just to realize a bunch of people doesn't even bother to look up that kind of stuff on here or at least know it exists. +1

• meh meh x 2
  8. Chance

Chance Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. ArayhMD

Steam:

Trading on discord provides more instantaneous responses, offers, counter offers, that’s why people like trade servers, and automated bots who can auto accept offers. People who trade don’t like to post something and then wait for a reply and a counter offer...etc. People even get mad at bots who auto accept trades slowly.

Trading on the forum is the same principle as going to a store, buying something and being told you have to wait 12+ hours for the product. The same reasoning why Amazon free 2 day shipping is so popular compared to regular 5-7 day shipping. No one wants to wait.

I fully support this idea, and I don’t think it’s hard to implement or subtracts anything from the discord server or from Skial, so it can only be a net positive, there is no double edged sword here.

10. Jaden

Jaden Mildly Menacing Medic Contributor

Steam:

11. Lunar

Lunar Mildly Menacing Medic Contributor

+1 I feel this would be a good adition because as Arayh said, as trade servers are more populated it could be a helpful alternative for those wanting to advertise.

12. DaivdBaekr

DaivdBaekr TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

this seems like a good idea so long as we disable @Everyone for the channel

• Like Like x 1
  13. shoooooooooooooooo

shoooooooooooooooo Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

+1 no reason to not have it, i don't know how much traction it'll get but its inoffensive at worst

14. dahacker2019

dahacker2019 Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

+1 Should Happen Less Cancer too!

15. ArayhMD

Steam:

I agree, it doesn’t spam the entire discord, and people can go there separately and trade if they want, doesn’t cost Skial anything.

16. DaivdBaekr

DaivdBaekr TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

i just want it so people spam the forum less to get around the 2 post limit for links tbh

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bob 191

Bob 191 Scarcely Lethal Noob Contributor

Steam:

it really needs a trading channel and it'll be easy to trade

• meh meh x 1
  18. san7890

san7890 Face-Melting F2Per Contributor

Steam:

What would Skial's trading do in the scope of big trading markets like Marketplace or Trade? Everyone will use those sources to determine prices (if they're actually serious about trading) anyways.

• meh meh x 1
  19. ArayhMD

Steam:

The server is not to determine prices, it's literally so people can trade. It's like a trading server without being in TF2. Like in the picture posted in the original post, there are communities with these trading discords where people literally post ads, and then get added on linked steam accounts to discord, and trade.

It's faster than posting on a forum because discord is a real chat system, and has the same instant gratification as a trading server, and because it is a discord server and not a game server, it can have more than 32 people, which means you get more backpacks and trades, than whatever you can find in a measly 32 people game server.

20. The Apple

The Apple Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

+1

I don't see why not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice