catgirl dumpster

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Most tf2 related servers seem to have a trading channel on discord.
I think skial should have one as well, it's gonna gonna make the skial discord community more active~ more people will join to trade or just browse for tf2 stuff >w<

This is what pyrojoe's discord trade channel looks like~

example_2.PNG

I can list more discord servers but heh lazy -w-

Reactions: ArayhMD

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
+1
Won’t be bad to have a channel, the trade servers are always very populated so could bring some people into discord, increase trades.

Last edited:

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1. We have too many discord channels. I'm not even sure on how many people use the site for tf2 trading (although I would like to be proved wrong on this subject)

RandomSkialUser24

Scarcely Lethal Noob
What would be the advantage of this over trading on the forum?
Believe it or not, most people prefer to use a way that's more convenient to them. I agree what the OP of this thread is saying, lots of people use discord now and that number is continuing to grow as time passes. I have been to multiple tf2 servers/communities that include this kind of stuff on the channels of their discord servers and had gained a decent amount of people posting on those channels as a result vs. posting that trade on here just to realize a bunch of people doesn't even bother to look up that kind of stuff on here or at least know it exists. +1

Last edited:

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
What would be the advantage of this over trading on the forum?

Trading on discord provides more instantaneous responses, offers, counter offers, that’s why people like trade servers, and automated bots who can auto accept offers. People who trade don’t like to post something and then wait for a reply and a counter offer...etc. People even get mad at bots who auto accept trades slowly.

Trading on the forum is the same principle as going to a store, buying something and being told you have to wait 12+ hours for the product. The same reasoning why Amazon free 2 day shipping is so popular compared to regular 5-7 day shipping. No one wants to wait.

I fully support this idea, and I don’t think it’s hard to implement or subtracts anything from the discord server or from Skial, so it can only be a net positive, there is no double edged sword here.

Last edited:

Lunar

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
+1 I feel this would be a good adition because as Arayh said, as trade servers are more populated it could be a helpful alternative for those wanting to advertise.

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What would Skial's trading do in the scope of big trading markets like Marketplace or Trade? Everyone will use those sources to determine prices (if they're actually serious about trading) anyways.

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
What would Skial's trading do in the scope of big trading markets like Marketplace or Trade? Everyone will use those sources to determine prices (if they're actually serious about trading) anyways.

The server is not to determine prices, it's literally so people can trade. It's like a trading server without being in TF2. Like in the picture posted in the original post, there are communities with these trading discords where people literally post ads, and then get added on linked steam accounts to discord, and trade.

It's faster than posting on a forum because discord is a real chat system, and has the same instant gratification as a trading server, and because it is a discord server and not a game server, it can have more than 32 people, which means you get more backpacks and trades, than whatever you can find in a measly 32 people game server.