BeanMKW

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm tired of going onto Bottiger's just to find out there is a sentry, and a donor direct hit rocket launcher heavy in our spawn, making us unable to leave. A 5-10 second spawn protection timer would let us leave spawn via the idle line, or by fighting back against the spawncamping players. If you want to farm points and strange kills, kill the people on the line, NOT the people in the spawn

MarshHag

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
-1, I like spawncamping
actually yea. I change my mind, I like spawncamping too much. So -1. The monotonous part that I mentioned in my previous post from yesterday is only when nothing is happening or no one is fighting back, cause that's just boring. It's fun when people fight back or when they roll godmode and we have to prevent them from breaking the camp

Edit: If they were to do this, you might as well remove the ability to go into others spawn, as well as place enemy sentries in the spawn. doesnt it kind of deliberate, like its a feature of awsomebox?
I agree, if the skybox has teleporters that can teleport you to other peoples spawns as a different team, then spawncamps will always happen. Since it's built into the map. On top of being able to build a tele to the ramp that leads to the skybox.

Last edited:

Helius21

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
then spawn camping shouldnt be allowed on any idle servers. your point?
Your strawman implies my issue is with spawn camping, which I can admit does seem to appear to be the case given the context of my statement and this topic. That's false though, I really have an issue with people having a clear and noticeable disadvantage incurred by the donator perks.

Spawn camping has and always will be a thing in TF2, it's nonsense to prohibit it as that would waste more admin time and resources. I presume altering donator perks is also not ideal, as then the donors of the server would be upset and cause a whole fight of its own.

What doesn't need admin attention nor interferes with donator perks is having a feature that is automatically handled by the server to give players a protection period so that they can leave spawn without having to rely on RNG to give them a ticket out against privileged users.
I don't think he's going to reply to a strawman
I'll be expecting my payment in the form of you having to eat noodles without ketchup live without beer to wash it down

Reactions: oesaevrnne

Helius21

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
What are you, trying to kill him?
PTpTQ3V.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: yansi

Hat Mann

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Your strawman implies my issue is with spawn camping, which I can admit does seem to appear to be the case given the context of my statement and this topic. That's false though, I really have an issue with people having a clear and noticeable disadvantage incurred by the donator perks.

Spawn camping has and always will be a thing in TF2, it's nonsense to prohibit it as that would waste more admin time and resources. I presume altering donator perks is also not ideal, as then the donors of the server would be upset and cause a whole fight of its own.

What doesn't need admin attention nor interferes with donator perks is having a feature that is automatically handled by the server to give players a protection period so that they can leave spawn without having to rely on RNG to give them a ticket out against privileged users.

I'll be expecting my payment in the form of you having to eat noodles without ketchup live without beer to wash it down
let him suffer for his pasta crimes

• Haha
Reactions: Helius21