Bottiger

Administrator
Account was banned from Discord today for "maliciously shared or participated in the sharing of the personal or private information of another user".

The message in question was me posting the ISPs connected to one of our TF2 servers. It had no ips, no screen names, nor names. Was banned in less than 12 hours of posting it so I believe I was probably spam reported by hostile communities.

ban.png

chat.png

This is just one example of why I am unwilling to move large parts of the forum to Discord like the ban appeals or reports.

Here is the other example why we shouldn't put everything on Discord.

Last edited:

worMatty

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
That's not personally-identifiable or private information. It's not tied to any users.

Your screenshots don't seem to be working.

I hope you get a swift response from a reasonable person.

Sore

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Account was banned from Discord today for "maliciously shared or participated in the sharing of the personal or private information of another user".

The message in question was me posting the ISPs connected to one of our TF2 servers. It had no ips, no screen names, nor names. Was banned in less than 12 hours of posting it so I believe I was probably spam reported by hostile communities.

discord-jpg.1787

1693523764720-png.1791

This is just one example of why I am unwilling to move large parts of the forum to Discord like the ban appeals or reports.

Here is the other example why we shouldn't put everything on Discord.

https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/gvjo5e
I can't see the images, could you fix that?

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Invincible

Dash7

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
This is unfortunate - Sorry to hear this. I have been a supporter (conceptually) of using discord, and view integrations with discord as a positive benefit for most communities. In this case, it does appear that discord's moderation is problematic - I would imagine this is unlikely to change.

Images are not visible for me either.

Ixel

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Sorry to hear. I hope it gets resolved. This isn't the first time I've heard about Discord's moderation being rather troublesome, it sounds like it needs an overhaul.

The image works for me by clicking the link.

Helius21

Contributor
I've seen Discord take months to finally take action against a server full of people's addresses.
Thank God they have their priorities right.
Thankfully all the time spent ignoring problems like rampant pedophilia, adding features to let you pay to access channels via subscription, and making nitro effects shine just a little more has paid off so they could afford the resources to take down the real bad guys

• Sad

_Félix_

Contributor
Let us not forget the time discord took 6 fucking months to deal with a child admitting to and owning a NSFW server which gave roles to other children stating that they were "underaged":
discord_terrible_child_safety.jpg

Discord when child endangerment: "*sleeps for 3 months* Is this still an issue, and is it time sensitive? *sleeps for another 3 months* uh... where is the issue? can you post it again even though you put it in the ticket's fields?"

Discord when you are actually managing a community: "*AWAKE IMMEDIATELY* Your account has been terminated"

I remember when Discord was "For gamers, By gamers", now it is just another social media platform who is too lazy to deal 1:1 with their users and just lets bots handle all the moderation.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Let us not forget the time discord took 6 fucking months to deal with a child admitting to and owning a NSFW server which gave roles to other children stating that they were "underaged":

Discord when child endangerment: "Is this still an issue, and is it time sensitive?"

Discord when you are actually managing a community: "Your account has been terminated"

I remember when Discord was "For gamers, By gamers", now it is just another social media platform who is too lazy to deal 1:1 with their users and just lets bots handle all the moderation.

Reminds me of that maximilianmus dude that owned a CP discord server for like 6-7 years and finally got deleted like 2 years ago after it went viral, which seems to be the only way to get discord staff to actually take action against this kinda crap.