DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So if you haven't guessed by now, I love Ubisoft for making the Assassin's Creed series. I bought all 4 games on xbox and got 100% synco for each. The thing is I'm new to PC gaming in comparison to most of you guys so I'm not sure of i should make the switch to PC for the last AC game.

So in terms of Assassin's creed or Ubisoft for that matter, is there any difference in the gaming experience between PC and xbox besides the controls. As in glitches pc gamers face that people on xbox don't or vice versa.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well, take the game like Tf2 for example.
Its on Ps3, PC, and Xbox360.
the Ps3 and Xbox 360 versions are baron, while the PC got all these good updates.
For free. VALVe would update the console versions, but they don't want to make them pay for updates while the PC version gets them for free.

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well, take the game like Tf2 for example.
Its on Ps3, PC, and Xbox360.
the Ps3 and Xbox 360 versions are baron, while the PC got all these good updates.
For free. VALVe would update the console versions, but they don't want to make them pay for updates while the PC version gets them for free.
Thats what i had in mind in differences whoch os why i wanted to ask if that happened to AC where they got updates Xbox doesnt.

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Don't know how strong your pc is tough

Thats another problem, spec wise I can't remember what I have. If someone links me to somewhere it can show m I'll post. Or if Roman lends me some of his wisedom that would be amazing.

From what I can tell with all the games I played using my PC, I don't encounter any lag with any online and offline games.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If its on PC, I get it on PC - if I want to play it with a controller I can always plug one in.

Edit:
Also in most cases updates for PC roll out faster than on console - if there is a gamebreaking issue itll probably be fixed on PC before anything else.

KOS-MOS

Uncharitable Spy
I own AC1 and Revelations for Xbox360 and AC2 and Brotherhood for PC. I do not notice any difference between them. If you're worried about controls for the PC, just plug in your XBOX controller into your PC's USB slot. That's what I do and it works great.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
i personally hate assassin's creed, i think it is a terrible game. but when i owned it it was on the Xbox. I just like the controls for it on the Xbox better.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Normally, I'd say PC, but Ubisoft has done some pretty retarded stuff with their DRM, so...

For instance, if their DRM server goes down, you cannot play. If you're playing, you're kicked off.