Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm guessing this is something added by the Skial Administration. But, that's not for certain, it could be a bug? Despite the fact that everyone has it.

In the case it isn't a technical issue, I'm also guessing it was applied to skial to prevent people from going back in the archives of time (or in recent time) and changing information that was once originally presented. And that's understandable ... but,

Certain threads serve as player indexs, or showcases and what not. Meaning the OP needs to be changed to filter in new info.

Quick note to people: posts can no longer be edited after I think 5 minutes after their postage.

TL: DR : Maybe the pro's of being able to edit posts out weighs the cons.

If the skial team has any input for the matter at hand, of course us the community is willing to listen.

1Fr3L2F.png

This+vexes+me+i+m+terribly+vexed+_2e016d11098b1abd3efe82283755f017.jpg

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My only guess of this being removed is the same reason why deleting posts was never added.

People losing an argument? Delete thread. People rage quit the forums because of falsely perceived mistreatment? Delete all their posts.

Kinda makes sense really, maybe its a "Think before you post"

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This was added because people were just editing all their posts to make them blank instead.

I think this causes more harm than good tho. Most of the time those edited posts are usually nothing important, at least the ones I've seen and don't mods have a post edit history they can review if its anything important?

I feel like this causes more harm than good IMO

But that's just my two cents

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i dunno i feel like unability to edit is gonna affect regulars more than the occasional people to hide their posts or make them blank, this affects OP's as well which usually are the post that are to be edited and i dont wanna have to make a new useless comment to update the thread
if you are gonna limit it, then atleast allow the OP if its even possible to limit to just that

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I really think this was Declined faster then it could of been talked about really, ofcrose its Bottigers website so he can do what he wants, but I agree that I did not if ever see this be a huge problem. If anything all this does is make more spam in threads because people cant edit what they said.

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
Also, what about the trading section? My shop is now permanently locked at how it was in May. I mean it wasn't a terribly high traffic thread, but I'd sell a few items every once in a while. Now you're saying I have to make a new thread every time I want to sell an individual item? Or post a "bump" message every time someone buys something to let everyone know what I have and haven't sold? I thought one of the reasons the edit feature was originally implemented was so we could avoid spam in the trading section.

One Lunch Man

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
My admin application is practically living proof of this, couldn't edit my post, and had to make a very awkward amount of 'update posts'

+1

Edit, aware this was now declined, but suppose want to bring it into consideration for the admin application section.

Not being able to edit the original post with updated information is a hassle for everyone involved, think RMSniper should be able to vouch for how annoying it is to not be able to do so, makes ongoing app replies unorganized, with more updates and less support

Bottiger

Administrator
Also, what about the trading section? My shop is now permanently locked at how it was in May. I mean it wasn't a terribly high traffic thread, but I'd sell a few items every once in a while. Now you're saying I have to make a new thread every time I want to sell an individual item? Or post a "bump" message every time someone buys something to let everyone know what I have and haven't sold? I thought one of the reasons the edit feature was originally implemented was so we could avoid spam in the trading section.

Should be fixed now. Trade posts should be an exception of course.

Reactions: KinCryos and Pengy