[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
So, my friend asks me if I know a good place to buy a katana. I know where to get movie prop swords (like the Duncan MacLeod katana from Highlander), but I think she's looking to buy a nicer sword for her hubby (aka, my former bandmate and my brother from another mother).

However, I asked her a couple detail questions but she hasn't responded, yet. LOL

So... Scrambles... Since I know you know more about Japanese stuff than most, you have any advice? :)

Toxik

Contributor
Having gone through a weeaboo phase myself and owning quite a few swords, first thing first: do -not- get them from those cheap fantasy collectable swords websites.
Actually, it really depends whether he knows about swords and wants a real one, or just want a cool one to hang on his wall.
She won't get a good cheap sword, but she can get very awesome yet just decorative ones for not much.
I've bought from both eBay sellers, BUDK and TrueSwords. The only decent sword I got was the one from eBay since the guy made them himself, the rest are just decorative pieces of crap that dented whenever I used them on other swords

Reactions: Doki

Doki

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
i made a wooden roman short-sword in high school, my weeaboo friend told me it was shit, pulled out a "katana" he got online. One hit, his blade came off the handle and there wasnt a scratch on mine.

AWWWW YEEEEEAAAAA

Roman

Banned
Contributor
budk?

Edit: If you're looking for 'authentic,' I accidentally got one on eBay for a dollar once. With almost $200 shipping.

Toxik

Contributor
budk?

Edit: If you're looking for 'authentic,' I accidentally got one on eBay for a dollar once. With almost $200 shipping.
A website where rednecks can get some useless hunting gear and fantasy swords and whatnot

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Oh, I know what it is. I was suggesting it. I know a homo who talked about getting some free throwing knives from them the other day. :troll:

Reactions: Doki