EvanFlew

Epic Skial Regular
Something like 0 gravity?, theres actually a 24/7 cp_orange nogravity crits only, its is really a mess...

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
why do you need a server for jumping? Just download the jump map you want & Practice on your own. Jump maps are single player there is no team work involved.

bit

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
why do you need a server for jumping? Just download the jump map you want & Practice on your own. Jump maps are single player there is no team work involved.

It's just more fun to some people. Besides, if certain plug-ins are needed or wanted while practicing jumps, it's a lot easier to just go to a server that already has all of them.(!save commands, stats, !radio, !reset)
More experienced jumpers can also help the starters on their way while doing their own thing.

I support this idea, recently got better at jumping and it's lonely jumping around by myself. And disable player collision, ofc.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i'm gonne say no to this one, jump servers are mostly just for the basics....Just open a map offline, check some videos and try some rollouts.... If we take it this way,we should also have a 1vs1 server, a sniper server, a .....

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1
all the super scary jumpers seem to roll over at the jump.it or jujump.it servers, but having baby maps on our servers would be a nice way to introduce people to this gamemode

and then when there's a player base that's advanced enough to want to have scary maps, we can add them.

..we should have one.
it would be super fly.
get it??
fly.
hehe.
you should make a list of map suggestions for the server if it were to get running.
i'm gonne say no to this one, jump servers are mostly just for the basics....Just open a map offline, check some videos and try some rollouts.... If we take it this way,we should also have a 1vs1 server, a sniper server, a .....
There are people that have played thousands of hours of tf2 and never done anything besides jump maps.

Toxik

Contributor
Jump maps are mainly for semi-pro/pro people to train on, regular people (like myself) who go on those servers leave less than half an hour later because of how annoyingly hard they get. I doubt we'd get a lot of traffic, even if some professional clans make our servers their regular training server, which I highly doubt since most of them have their private servers
Sorry but -1

VEGAN DAD

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Jump maps are mainly for semi-pro/pro people to train on, regular people (like myself) who go on those servers leave less than half an hour later because of how annoyingly hard they get.
jump maps are made to improve jumping skill. sure some people get annoyed and give up, but doesn't this already happen on all other servers? those who truely wish to improve stay and ask for help, i see this all the time on other jump servers and it really does help when someone's helping you with a specific problem rather then you watching a video.
even if some professional clans make our servers their regular training server, which I highly doubt since most of them have their private servers
professional clans don't make up the jump server population.

VEGAN DAD

Australian Skial God
Contributor
but ju/jump it are literally the best jump servers
i think we can have just as good as a jump server(s) if we have a good map rotation and plugins.
it would generate more traffic and appeal to more people.
we already have a questionable surf server, why not have something useful?