sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
  • Warden should be the only one who can open the cells (but they still open after a certain amount of time, of course).
    • Because a scout will run out immediately, press the button, and run away while the warden is typing. Then the prisoners will go "FREEDAY" and run about, so when the warden gives his commands it is very hard to control the prisoners. (Added by Phaiz) If added, make the time until the door open longer.
  • When the warden dies, there should be a "Next in Command" instead of freeday.
    • Constant freedays are annoying, long, and pointless. Either the prisoners delay the round horribly or the guards start mass freekilling.
  • Add /jbrules (a more detailed rules list) *APPROVED*
    • Since they're only 3 rules for each team, people tend to find loop holes a lot. Even though we know the rules, the regulars don't. People still come on saying "THAT'S BAITING" or saying "you didn't say no detour or delay!"
  • (Added by Dave) Remove first blood crits.
    • Just makes freekilling easier, no reason to have it.
  • (Added by Avenger) Remove voice commands from showing up in chat.
    • It's just useless spam, that makes orders go off the screen faster.
  • Make it to where freedays can only be issued through LR's.
    • It isn't fair when the warden gives his friend freeday with armory because he is his friend.
  • Nerf the heavy's show down taunt kill. *APPROVED*
    • Instant kills any guard, is silent, and has an absurd range.
  • Nerf self damage weapons.
    • As a soldier/demoman, you can kill your team (As warden) easily with your explosive weapons.
    • As a scout, the boston basher has no downside, and the atomizer does not do damage on 3rd jump.
    • No explosive jumping.
  • Mods should have /beacon
    • When an admin plays, they always beacon the freedayers. Why can't mods do this?
  • Make the Deathrun door not do damage, but pushes you.Guards and prisoners abuse this to kill people.
    • Prisoners will just spam the buttons to kill other prisoners while going in.
    • Guards will wait for people to be all in and ready, then open it, then close it. As long as crush game is not on they will get pushed under the door, then killed.
  • Make it to you can't manually switch teams.
    • Switching teams gives you the ability to exploit.
    • Just make it to where when you join it switches you to RED, then you can only be on RED until you get to the point of the que where you can be BLU, and then you stay on BLU until either you type /q or your warden turn is over.
  • Remove Demoman and Soldier from playing on BLU
    • Causes too many accidental freekills. Explosive weapons don't self damage also.
  • Remove the atomizer
    • Does no damage, and makes it really easy to escape immediatley on minecart.
  • (Added by Avenger and Dave) Make simon says an invalid order
    • It is too confusing for people, as in the warden will say "Go to pool". People don't go because he does not say "Simon says go to pool" But then idiot guard #1 comes up and kills everyone for not following orders and going to the pool.
  • (Added by Cube and Grima) Add "Ghosting" and "Freekill" to the votemenu list
    • It will be easier for mods/admins to moderate with more detailed jailbreak specific report reasons
  • (Added by Chel, Modified by me) Make games stop at 1 block/1 person alive.
    • I've seen plenty of bad wardens have 5 people die at once because they weren't paying attention.
  • (Added by Chel) A button to turn collisions off
    • Something only the warden can press, so collisions can turn on/off with out wasting crush game.
  • (Added by Avenger+Arya) Make opinionated minigames/orders invalid.
    • It's all opinion, and is usually just "Let me kill people who aren't my friends" For example, in hat day, if you have an unusual team captain you could be killed, while the guy with the gibus lives. Because the guy with the gibus is the warden's friend.
Post your suggestions and if I like it/think it's needed I'll add it.
(PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT COMPLICATED/GAME CHANGING SUGGESTIONS IF YOU DO NOT PLAY JB REGULARLY)

Last edited:

Arya

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Idk about that tap tap, but like to expand on how avenger said it, warden shouldn't be allowed to give out personal orders or do things that are based on their opinions of someone, sboles maybe you can expand on that in the actual suggestion list, instead of just hat day make it where any type of order or mini game(not sure what else to call it) is disallowed if it is based off of the wardens opinion

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I actually think there should be a !queue command for being ONLY on blu team as long as they do not have too many players on it already.

Reactions: antim

Arya

I actually think there should be a !queue command for being ONLY on blu team as long as they do not have too many players on it already.

Everybody would want to do that though, no one would want to be on red really. Some would but most wouldn't. Maybe make it so only people with a certain number of hours can be on blue, so we don't always get so many noobs on it. Congrats on making mod and admin by the way sroy.

antim

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Still it could be done that you need to have a minimum ap to be able to join blue (to avoid that people that dosent know the rules join blue and just kill everybody)

Arya

Still it could be done that you need to have a minimum ap to be able to join blue (to avoid that people that dosent know the rules join blue and just kill everybody)

See but because ap decreases over time it would leave out anyone who goes inactive because of school or what not.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I feel like the queue is fine at it is. I've been on other jb servers that allow anyone to join the guards as long as it's in a certain ratio, but they're never as active as Skial's jb because you ended up with the same warden five rounds in a row. I just feel like not all of the commands for jb are readily available for newcomers, such as /jbrules since it's fairly new.

antim

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I feel like the queue is fine at it is. I've been on other jb servers that allow anyone to join the guards as long as it's in a certain ratio, but they're never as active as Skial's jb because you ended up with the same warden five rounds in a row. I just feel like not all of the commands for jb are readily available for newcomers, such as /jbrules since it's fairly new.
The thing i mean is that i think that you should at least have some playtime to be able to be guard or warden to avoid people that dosent know anything about jailbreak get the power to freekill.
About /jbrules it will be great if it came up instead the pinion shit, but well... skial earns money from pinion.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The thing i mean is that i think that you should at least have some playtime to be able to be guard or warden to avoid people that dosent know anything about jailbreak get the power to freekill.
About /jbrules it will be great if it came up instead the pinion shit, but well... skial earns money from pinion.

I agree with this, I've had to punish people for freekilling who didn't understand the game-mode and would not listen to me. What I don't understand about them, however, is how they stay on red team so long being killed every round to even GET ON blu...

Reactions: Arya

Arya

I agree with this, I've had to punish people for freekilling who didn't understand the game-mode and would not listen to me. What I don't understand about them, however, is how they stay on red team so long being killed every round to even GET ON blu...

It's cause they are stubborn children, nothing more then that

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Idk about that tap tap, but like to expand on how avenger said it, warden shouldn't be allowed to give out personal orders or do things that are based on their opinions of someone, sboles maybe you can expand on that in the actual suggestion list, instead of just hat day make it where any type of order or mini game(not sure what else to call it) is disallowed if it is based off of the wardens opinion
So change "Hat day" to "Opinionated mini games" ?

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So, does this mean we're getting rid of the hatday button in Club Glod? It'll be tricky enforcing no hatday rules if there's a hatday button.
We can still enforce it, if it gets added. This is a suggestion thread. I enforce not playing crush game on hop_jb due to the crush game being glitched and killing everyone, yet the game still works.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So, does this mean we're getting rid of the hatday button in Club Glod? It'll be tricky enforcing no hatday rules if there's a hatday button.

Same with the camping room in Casuarina.
I have to slay every last person blu that refuses to get out, but it's still there. (I know this is a bit different then MC skial since it's not our original map.)

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Maybe give prisioners 5 seconds to comply when cell doors open?

Only during the first order though.

Arya

Maybe give prisioners 5 seconds to comply when cell doors open?

Only during the first order though.

That would be like really hard to enforce though sroy. I think making it so only warden can open cells would be a lot better

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That would be like really hard to enforce though sroy. I think making it so only warden can open cells would be a lot better

Me too, I was putting that suggestion up for one of our regulars, Yobri.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Add "No Armory / Invuln. Room Camping" to the official rules and make it a kickable/slayable/even bannable offense.