sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
  • Warden should be the only one who can open the cells (but they still open after a certain amount of time, of course).
    • Because a scout will run out immediately, press the button, and run away while the warden is typing. Then the prisoners will go "FREEDAY" and run about, so when the warden gives his commands it is very hard to control the prisoners. (Added by Phaiz) If added, make the time until the door open longer.
  • When the warden dies, there should be a "Next in Command" instead of freeday.
    • Constant freedays are annoying, long, and pointless. Either the prisoners delay the round horribly or the guards start mass freekilling.
  • Add /jbrules (a more detailed rules list) *APPROVED*
    • Since they're only 3 rules for each team, people tend to find loop holes a lot. Even though we know the rules, the regulars don't. People still come on saying "THAT'S BAITING" or saying "you didn't say no detour or delay!"
  • (Added by Dave) Remove first blood crits.
    • Just makes freekilling easier, no reason to have it.
  • (Added by Avenger) Remove voice commands from showing up in chat.
    • It's just useless spam, that makes orders go off the screen faster.
  • Make it to where freedays can only be issued through LR's.
    • It isn't fair when the warden gives his friend freeday with armory because he is his friend.
  • Nerf the heavy's show down taunt kill. *APPROVED*
    • Instant kills any guard, is silent, and has an absurd range.
  • Nerf self damage weapons.
    • As a soldier/demoman, you can kill your team (As warden) easily with your explosive weapons.
    • As a scout, the boston basher has no downside, and the atomizer does not do damage on 3rd jump.
    • No explosive jumping.
  • Mods should have /beacon
    • When an admin plays, they always beacon the freedayers. Why can't mods do this?
  • Make the Deathrun door not do damage, but pushes you.Guards and prisoners abuse this to kill people.
    • Prisoners will just spam the buttons to kill other prisoners while going in.
    • Guards will wait for people to be all in and ready, then open it, then close it. As long as crush game is not on they will get pushed under the door, then killed.
  • Make it to you can't manually switch teams.
    • Switching teams gives you the ability to exploit.
    • Just make it to where when you join it switches you to RED, then you can only be on RED until you get to the point of the que where you can be BLU, and then you stay on BLU until either you type /q or your warden turn is over.
  • Remove Demoman and Soldier from playing on BLU
    • Causes too many accidental freekills. Explosive weapons don't self damage also.
  • Remove the atomizer
    • Does no damage, and makes it really easy to escape immediatley on minecart.
  • (Added by Avenger and Dave) Make simon says an invalid order
    • It is too confusing for people, as in the warden will say "Go to pool". People don't go because he does not say "Simon says go to pool" But then idiot guard #1 comes up and kills everyone for not following orders and going to the pool.
  • (Added by Cube and Grima) Add "Ghosting" and "Freekill" to the votemenu list
    • It will be easier for mods/admins to moderate with more detailed jailbreak specific report reasons
  • (Added by Chel, Modified by me) Make games stop at 1 block/1 person alive.
    • I've seen plenty of bad wardens have 5 people die at once because they weren't paying attention.
  • (Added by Chel) A button to turn collisions off
    • Something only the warden can press, so collisions can turn on/off with out wasting crush game.
  • (Added by Avenger+Arya) Make opinionated minigames/orders invalid.
    • It's all opinion, and is usually just "Let me kill people who aren't my friends" For example, in hat day, if you have an unusual team captain you could be killed, while the guy with the gibus lives. Because the guy with the gibus is the warden's friend.
Post your suggestions and if I like it/think it's needed I'll add it.
(PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT COMPLICATED/GAME CHANGING SUGGESTIONS IF YOU DO NOT PLAY JB REGULARLY)

Last edited:

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If anything they need to increase the time it takes for the cells to automatically open thus wardens have sufficient time allocated to typing the first couple of orders.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If anything they need to increase the time it takes for the cells to automatically open thus wardens have sufficient time allocated to typing the first couple of orders.

the amount of time doesn't matter when the guards open it as soon as they come out.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
the amount of time doesn't matter when the guards open it as soon as they come out.
I was meaning to add that to your suggestion. Yes only let the warden open the doors but increase the time it takes for them to automatically open.

Avenger

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I say heavies on Blu shouldn't get first blood crits
Some guy yesterday got it on his Brass Beast... 15 people died in 1.2 seconds

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
At times no it wouldn't matter. Let me just throw out a crazy impossible scenario - a warden wants to actually type out an order. Now he can have 30-45 seconds to do this without being killed!

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
At times no it wouldn't matter. Let me just throw out a crazy impossible scenario - a warden wants to actually type out an order. Now he can have 30-45 seconds to do this without being killed!

I added it to OP

Avenger

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Could we make it so that voice commands (Sentry ahead, etc.) don't show up in chat? Blu doesn't know that Red sees those because they don't show up for Blu; I keep missing an order from non-Warden and getting killed. Either that or I'm AFK and miss the order and it's gone by the time I start looking

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Could we make it so that voice commands (Sentry ahead, etc.) don't show up in chat? Blu doesn't know that Red sees those because they don't show up for Blu; I keep missing an order from non-Warden and getting killed. Either that or I'm AFK and miss the order and it's gone by the time I start looking

Good suggestion, will add to OP.
But for now, press Y then scroll up.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
DdBbbH1.png

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Voice command text was disabled on our trade servers last time I was there, so making that happen shouldn't be an issue.

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1 to all these.

I got a few more things to add.

1. Give JB Mods the ability to use /beacon. It could really help for people with freedays.
2. As Seth stated before, let us use some form of communication like /msay or /tsay, as it could get people to follow the rules better.

EDIT: This seems like a long stretch, but if possible, could we have access to the 30 minute ban that the votemenu executes? There's been a lot of JB reports that have gone unnoticed, and it could simplify many problems if we could use it.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Give Jailbreak mods a temporary ban if possible. Some people will be warned and kicked then simply keep reconnecting and breaking the rules again and again

A temporary ban (even if its only 30 minutes or something like that) would give the mod time to contact a admin and / or wait for a available admin to come online to ban the persistent rule breaker

This way if the person keeps re-connecting after kicks and continues rulebreaking they can be kept out of the server in the mean time

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Give Jailbreak mods a temporary ban if possible. Some people will be warned and kicked then simply keep reconnecting and breaking the rules again and again

A temporary ban (even if its only 30 minutes or something like that) would give the mod time to contact a admin and / or wait for a available admin to come online to ban the persistent rule breaker

This way if the person keeps re-connecting after kicks and continues rulebreaking they can be kept out of the server in the mean time

A 30 min ban can be done by vote, maybe let them be able to "force" a vote through.

Kairi

Banned
Contributor
A 30 min ban can be done by vote, maybe let them be able to "force" a vote through.

Votes went up in "needed amount of yes".. It's not easy to get someone actually banned who is griefing and it's hard to find an admin willingly to help (easier if Gwor, Chuck, Sarcasm, Ruelel or Lano are online. Twi does too if he isn't in dota-match but many aren't around/available when I actually need them)

There should be a better rule list and I'm willingly to type it all out and discuss it with the other moderators..

like: "When door opened by guard hands before order is given by Warden, the Warden can still give orders before timer reaches 7:00. If no order is given by then, it is a freeday."

I have regulars on my list who I can send the thread with the updated rules in it who will use it as a reference when they try to get the rules clear to a new guy or someone who isn't following the rules...

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Votes went up in "needed amount of yes".. It's not easy to get someone actually banned who is griefing and it's hard to find an admin willingly to help (easier if Gwor, Chuck, Sarcasm, Ruelel or Lano are online. Twi does too if he isn't in dota-match but many aren't around/available when I actually need them)

There should be a better rule list and I'm willingly to type it all out and discuss it with the other moderators..

like: "When door opened by guard hands before order is given by Warden, the Warden can still give orders before timer reaches 7:00. If no order is given by then, it is a freeday."

I have regulars on my list who I can send the thread with the updated rules in it who will use it as a reference when they try to get the rules clear to a new guy or someone who isn't following the rules...
Read his suggestion again. He is saying to give moderators the power to automatically force votes to go through, regardless of the amount of yes/no answers.