Helius21

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
What have you bought during the sale?

I recently added OMORI, Grounded, Mindustry, Darkest Dungeon, ARK, theHunter: Call of the Wild, and the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

I've actually played a few here before with friends or so on and decided to pick them up on PC.

OMORI has been a fun little surreal and morbid game, you can make everything sad and thus easier to attack which I find really funny. Darkest Dungeon was my rogue pick for being brutal, but ultimately really fun and fulfilling to overcome the dungeons stressors. I only really got ARK because a friend players it, I don't really care for it much on its own for being so bug ridden. I'm real excited to get deeper into Witcher 3! I had it on a console but never got too far, time to fix that :)

Any games you'd also recommend? Still looking to expand my library

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I'm gonna get the Mass Effect collection since I never played the DLCs. will probably tackle it after some VNs. other than that a friend got me loop hero

Reactions: Helius21

Helius21

Contributor
I'm gonna get the Mass Effect collection since I never played the DLCs. will probably tackle it after some VNs. other than that a friend got me loop hero
I've been thinking about getting the Mass Effect collection. I keep hearing how great the games are, but never actually got into playing any of 'em. I'd be delighted to hear more about loophero whenever you get around to playing it, it looks fun!

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
For Mass Effect 1 & 2: You can get all the DLC free - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/dlc-for-classic-games/#masseffect
Can confirm that it works for steam version as I play them on steam.

I've been thinking about getting the Mass Effect collection. I keep hearing how great the games are, but never actually got into playing any of 'em. I'd be delighted to hear more about loophero whenever you get around to playing it, it looks fun!
Mass Effect 1 is great, but the gameplay has not held up well over time. Story is still very good and I love it as well as the characters. Remember to constantly manually save, the checkpoint and autosave system is highly unforgiving and you can lose hours of progress due: dying, softlocking or a rare crash. Only 2 Dlc for this one and 1 of them is just a virtual arena you can skip.

Mass Effect 2 is better gameplay-wise and character development is fantastic, but a bit weaker story-wise. Still recommend manually saving often due to similar issues as in ME1. I HIGHLY recommend you AT LEAST get both character DLC's and Shadow Broker DLC for it.

Helius21

Contributor
For Mass Effect 1 & 2: You can get all the DLC free - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/dlc-for-classic-games/#masseffect
Can confirm that it works for steam version as I play them on steam.

Mass Effect 1 is great, but the gameplay has not held up well over time. Story is still very good and I love it as well as the characters. Remember to constantly manually save, the checkpoint and autosave system is highly unforgiving and you can lose hours of progress due: dying, softlocking or a rare crash. Only 2 Dlc for this one and 1 of them is just a virtual arena you can skip.

Mass Effect 2 is better gameplay-wise and character development is fantastic, but a bit weaker story-wise. Still recommend manually saving often due to similar issues as in ME1. I HIGHLY recommend you AT LEAST get both character DLC's and Shadow Broker DLC for it.
I'll keep all this in mind. Fortunately I don't mind the way some games age, I can adjust to those little things. I love story rich games so it already sounds like it'll pass just fine for me. Enough Spore has already forced me to learn to manually save often too so I have that going for me lol. I'll be adding this to my library at last

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Loop Hero was fun the first couple hours but I can see why people don’t like RNG because you can put a lot of effort into an expedition and get screwed over. It wouldn’t have bothered me when I had more free time but now it does.

Mass Effect is excellent. ME1 takes getting used to but once you grasp everything it’s probably the best IMO. But most people consider ME2 the best and I can see why. ME3 was good. Multiplayer was very fun.

Helius21

Contributor
Loop Hero was fun the first couple hours but I can see why people don’t like RNG because you can put a lot of effort into an expedition and get screwed over. It wouldn’t have bothered me when I had more free time but now it does.

Mass Effect is excellent. ME1 takes getting used to but once you grasp everything it’s probably the best IMO. But most people consider ME2 the best and I can see why. ME3 was good. Multiplayer was very fun.
Fortunately I'm an RNG fanatic for games, but yes it can be very time consuming. My biggest time killer is actually Stellaris. RNG there can just about lead to the immediate end of a run when suddenly your robot pops turn against you and take your entire fleet with them, or you get lucky enough to host a crisis right in your territory.

I wasn't aware any of the games had MP, that sounds interesting. I think what appeals to me the most are the choices and their importance. It all sure looks beautiful too!

Toxik

Contributor
Only game I got so far is tabletop simulator because I wanna try it out in VR, no other games have caught my attention lately. I've been looking for a fun game to play with my friends with whom I basically only play CoD and Sven Coop most nights, but they can be resilient to new games so it's been hard as fuck finding a game that everyone will enjoy.
Only game they remotely got into was Golf It and that only lasted like 5-6 sessions, I tried introducing Gang Beasts and half of them didn't have much fun even tho I found it hilarious

Helius21

Contributor
Only game I got so far is tabletop simulator because I wanna try it out in VR, no other games have caught my attention lately. I've been looking for a fun game to play with my friends with whom I basically only play CoD and Sven Coop most nights, but they can be resilient to new games so it's been hard as fuck finding a game that everyone will enjoy.
Only game they remotely got into was Golf It and that only lasted like 5-6 sessions, I tried introducing Gang Beasts and half of them didn't have much fun even tho I found it hilarious
I found that Human Fall Flat and Deep Rock Galactic were able to keep me and my friends entertained for a good while! Although they suffer the same issues with new games lol. Sea of Thieves was a kinda good one, we enjoyed the thrill of sinking other ships together in a rush but the game itself didn't offer much reason to keep playing imo. There's also a MP mod for RimWorld if you like edgy humor and so on, although any of these games hit different itches for people I'd say. (I also appreciate seeing another VB fan)

Reactions: Toxik

Bottiger

Administrator
The trick is to leave early so you can build up your town before you die. If it wasn't for that, people could finish the game in a few hours.

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor

Have you tried Duck Game?

Great simple party game up to 8 players, it's $16 for 4 copies rn.

Toxik

Contributor
I found that Human Fall Flat and Deep Rock Galactic were able to keep me and my friends entertained for a good while! Although they suffer the same issues with new games lol. Sea of Thieves was a kinda good one, we enjoyed the thrill of sinking other ships together in a rush but the game itself didn't offer much reason to keep playing imo. There's also a MP mod for RimWorld if you like edgy humor and so on, although any of these games hit different itches for people I'd say. (I also appreciate seeing another VB fan)
Man I've been trying to get them into Human Fall Flat as well, along with Astroneer but they don't like to branch out from their usual games sadly
We did play sea of thieves for a bit but in the end I was the one to nope out since it was just aimless grinding and I wasn't a fan of that

Have you tried Duck Game?

Great party game up to 8 players, it's $16 for 4 copies rn.
I have not and the few screenshots I've seen are so confusing 😂

Helius21

Contributor
Man I've been trying to get them into Human Fall Flat as well, along with Astroneer but they don't like to branch out from their usual games sadly
We did play sea of thieves for a bit but in the end I was the one to nope out since it was just aimless grinding and I wasn't a fan of that

I have not and the few screenshots I've seen are so confusing 😂
The grind is exactly what killed our desire to play. You're telling me that I can just grind all day to get skins, then when I get them I can basically do nothing? It felt like progress was an illusion in that game imo. Perhaps the art of dropping a random gift in their day can push them to try? That's how I convinced people lol but of course that dooooes require spending. If you really want to spice up MP get them to play Crawl, iirc only one person needs a copy for everyone to play through some steam thingy? Idr what it was, but the game itself is both humorous and high pace pvpve. I can also vouch duck game is a colorful vibrant pvp mess lol (in a good way). I'd give it a try if you want to speed run killing your friends

Reactions: Toxik

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
The trick is to leave early so you can build up your town before you die. If it wasn't for that, people could finish the game in a few hours.
You mean end the expedition early so you max out resources? Yeah I do that but I've kind of plateaued.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I bought Doom Eternal. Only managed to play a few minutes of it, so far, it's exactly what I expected.