• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

AdamD

Truly Feared Pyro
Howdy Peeps!

What are your thoughts on Australium / Golden weapons for Team Fortress 2? Do you think they are good or bad? Personally, I think they are useless... but shiny and cool. They are just like hats tbh, pointless but satisfying to have.

What is your dream australium? Mine is the Scattergun :)
Post your thoughts!

PS: Hi guys, I'm new here :)

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
We're talking about A Game of Hats. I fund my server and a lot of other things solely with the money I make buying and selling hats. Medics heal and Snipers and spies tend to focus people with more expensive/shinier hats.

All Australium weapons are are ways of adding hats to weapons, perhaps to remind people that, while it's a hat simulator, you can also shoot people in it.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
They're just a way of keeping masses entertained until they come out with new things (Batch of weapons, maps, comics)

TF2PublicFerret

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
The Australium and Stranges just don't appeal to me. They are mostly identical with some peripheral changes. I don't really find the effects impressive at all.
Now reskins, thats a different matter. I went nuts when I finally got a Maul, it looks so badass compared to the Homewrecker.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Shooting a man with a golden gun makes me feel so James Bond. Especially when it's high profile target such as the guy in the signature.