• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So I log into Steam today and go to my profile. And this is what I see.

37574d27f74f9e79ef30486abe788d3e.png

So apperently I got VAC banned, and not only that:

0927749c568c29f5fb0cf847f06b868b.png

The majority of my items were deleted from my account.

I've never used any kinds of hacks or changed any of core TF2 files, nor have I ever scammed another user. I never was notified why I was VAC banned.

Any suggestions on what I should do/what happened?

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
i'm literally about to cry... I've invested over 150 dollars into TF2 and my account, and this is the thanks I get?

Avenger

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I didn't have TF2 at the time, but the account I have now was banned for three years for "hacking." Nothing went missing, and it doesn't say on my account that I was ever VAC banned, but Steam denied access to my account for three years and I started a new one. Honestly, I don't know what you can do... anyone else?

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Dude, I feel bad for you man.
There needs top be a sympathy rating. Maybe the word I'm thinking of is Empathy.

Yea, I'm pretty sure its empathy

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Well from what I read, VAC bans are permanent unless you get a very rare situation where they find that you were unjustly banned.

Have you changed ANYTHING about your files in the past few weeks? VAC bans can be delayed for quite a while.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well from what I read, VAC bans are permanent unless you get a very rare situation where they find that you were unjustly banned.

Have you changed ANYTHING about your files in the past few weeks? VAC bans can be delayed for quite a while.

I've renamed steamapps to steamapps - old to reinstall tf2 to see if I can fix a bug in TF2. But for that, Valve TOLD me to do that to try and fix the bug.

Have You ever logged into your account from a friends house?

Once, but he never used steam. I logged into the online browser.

Astir

Legendary Skial King
I think the first thing you should do I file a Steam Support ticket.

Have you given away any account information recently, logged in somewhere not at home? Check your item trade history, does it say something?
Perhaps you were hacked, which I hope you weren't.

Oh God let this be a Valve error.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That was my best guess honestly. I figured some derp at valve may have jumped to conclusions. Assuming VAC bans are done manually. I don't know much about em though.

Vac bans are automated. Void did you download anything for tf2 recently? The only way vac is triggered is if the player files interact directly with server coding.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Valve REALLY needs to pick their shit up. I'm sorry man. Worst comes to worst and you have to make another account I'll give you some hats and stuff to help you out ):

Reactions: phaiz

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think the first thing you should do I file a Steam Support ticket.

Have you given away any account information recently, logged in somewhere not at home? Check your item trade history, does it say something?
Perhaps you were hacked, which I hope you weren't.

Oh God let this be a Valve error.

In steam's FAQ, they strictly describe that Steam support tickes will not tell you why you were banned, give info on it, and will not lift it.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
did you download any dvd recording/playing software? there's apparently one that injects into every process and valve vac's for it

N0WBIEtapa

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Feel bad for you friend. File a steam ticket and let Valve help you.

I'll keep this thread watched for any updates.