• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
After seeing this video, Mind = blown. Saw the tank on the skial badwater server

Thoughts?
Here's a pic of the tank I saw on the skial badwater server

1024x480.resizedimage

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Here's your tank.
screenshot20120811at54541pm.png

screenshot20120811at54614pm.png

screenshot20120811at54618pm.png

screenshot20120811at54626pm.png

screenshot20120811at54639pm.png

Also, it's not really a tank. It looks like a mobile command center.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Sent a link to a friend:

01:51 - Useless asshat: oh nice
01:51 - Useless asshat: at least bots wont lag

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I honestly thought valve might stick something inside em.
I checked all the tanks that were added, no Easter eggs.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This has been planned for years according to the video, not only the tank thing, but all the stuff in the video pretty much shows it. Hope it was something good to wait on

Pat

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How do people ever discover this kind of stuff alot of it is so obscure. really cool though.

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
I think it's gonna be a new gamemode where BLU, RED, or BLU and RED fight against the robot's of Gray's creation, trying to protect the Australium. I say that mainly because adding a new team is way to complex and would upset the game's balance, while a gamemode is a lot easier to do. Plus... it's all I could think of.

Reactions: Pat

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think it's gonna be a new gamemode where BLU, RED, or BLU and RED fight against the robot's of Gray's creation, trying to protect the Australium. I say that mainly because adding a new team is way to complex and would upset the game's balance, while a gamemode is a lot easier to do. Plus... it's all I could think of.
Just hit me when you said new team. Gray, gray is the color of the robots.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Stolen summary from the Reddit thread:

So what's going on here is that we've mostly been collecting what looks like jokes. Well, they're not jokes. Remember the banana errors?
Let's compare the banana errors and the jokes.
Banana error #1: Code 30 / 0X0A 0X10 0XFF 0X2E (...)
The Scout Says: Did you hear the one in 0000, where Item, Item, Item, Item, Item, Item, Item, Item, Item, Item, Item, and the Administrator walk into a bar?
So, how are they the same? Let's see, there's 9 classes. Scout would be the first class (1), Soldier would be the second class (2), Pyro the 3rd, and so on.
So going on that there's 9 files to decrypt, just like how the banana errors had 9 qr codes to decrypt.
Cool, we have files! So how do we decrypt them?
See, this is where it gets tricky. Last time, we had a list of data values. This time, it's a bit trickier. Instead of 0X00, we now have "Archimedes".
What we do know and need help with is decrypting these. For example, the Soldier's first few bytes have already been found and confirmed to be true. Let's brute-force-
WAIT! Don't brute force puzzles, that's a bad idea!
No, no, you have it wrong. We're not brute-forcing, per say, we're assigning letters to phrases until we can make sense of things. #Valvearg2 recently brute-forced the soldier and found he starts with the PNG header. Spy so far looks like he contains a link.
Oh, that's cool then. So what are we doing now?
Each class appears to contain a different type of data, embedded in encrypted QR-codes or PDFs or whatever the hell these codes end up being.
How do we know what goes where? See the year? We're 100% sure that the year represents a position in the file.
What can I do next to help?
  • Find a capacitor and/or find a high-five taunt. Equip both to all classes, then join servers and spam high-fives both to and from every single class until you get codes. Submit these codes to our local data wizard, xPaw at [1] http://lab.xpaw.ru/tf2arg-part2/.
  • Decrypt this weird phrase-data value language. Our current file-building progress can be found at xKeeper's site, at [2] http://xkeeper.net/private/portal/tf3.php . See if you can find common values and figure out which means what. If you've figured something out, please let us know at the chat here: [3]http://valvearg.com/welcome/chat.php or in the comments.
  • Turn these sets of phrases and names into data values a system can understand. #valvearg2's bot has hex to ascii, binary to ascii, ascii to text, and vice versa for all of those, but it doesn't have phrase-to-text. Retrieve the values at xKeeper's site, at [4] http://xkeeper.net/private/portal/tf3.php
  • Upvote this self-post, for which I receive no karma, so other people see this post and do the same, to get this puzzle solved quicker.
  • Compile Engineer's C++ code and/or figure out what it does. Edit: going to bed for now, will re-write post tomorrow.