Status
Not open for further replies.

I like TURTLES!

Uncharitable Spy
If your not familiar with TF2 Ware House, it's a trade/buy platform where you trade and sell items for credits to either the sites bots or people (if you consign items).

I've been taking a look at the TF2WH economy over the last few days and have come up with a number of exploits ranging from earning 1 scrap upto .33 buds profit.

I was wondering what i could sell this kind of knowledge/research for?
And if you would buy it, what would you buy it for?

Thanks
- Turtles

(Update - Found 6 Exploits so far)

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm pretty sure that using an exploit for profit on a site is illegal, and selling the knowledge of it would be even more illegal.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm pretty sure that using an exploit for profit on a site is illegal, and selling the knowledge of it would be even more illegal.
I'm likely to agree with this.

From a moderator/admin standpoint, definitely not cool.

Consider yourself lucky that I'm only going to lock this thread and not give you any sort of warning points. Any further discussion of this using Skial as your medium will result in moderator/admin interaction.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I think what he's talking about is exploiting the market, not necessarily WH's site or WH's bots.

He's talking about something I used to do, where the WH would buy a certain item for WAY more than the market value. I'd go around and buy Strange Knives for a ref each, and sell them to WH for 1.11-1.33 ref, cash out, and buy more knives. Or vice versa, where the WH is selling an item for a lot LESS than its market value, and you buy them and resell them for more profits.

It's not taking advantage of some sort of "glitch", as much as it is taking advantage of a poorly-constructed market.

Status
Not open for further replies.