• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drytoast

Unremarkable User
So I logged on today to find a nice little present that I've been gagged sometime since the last time I was on to today?

How do I check why I've been gagged, and how long does this last?

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
Well i gagged you for saying something racist over the mic, and it will last a total of 3 days starting from yesterday.

Drytoast

Unremarkable User
Well i gagged you for saying something racist over the mic, and it will last a total of 3 days starting from yesterday.

Well way to hit the wrong player. I was giving Draxus crap for calling everyone that awful stuff. You completely missed the mark/boat on that one. I'm going to assume that you were not paying attention to the conversation...at all.

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
Well way to hit the wrong player. I was giving Draxus crap for calling everyone that awful stuff. You completely missed the mark/boat on that one.

Not really. I never heard him say it, and you were the one saying it at the time. If you wanted to report him, add an admin or make a report on the website.

Drytoast

Unremarkable User

Thanks! How did you find that?
Not really. I never heard him say it, and you were the one saying it at the time. If you wanted to report him, add an admin or make a report on the website.

The guy logged on the day before, had a temper tantrum calling everyone awful shit. I was reminding him of what he said and how immature it was. That's exactly what was said. I wasn't calling anyone anything. I was telling him he was an asshole for saying racial slurs in order to try to illicit emotion responses from people. You basically are shooting the guy who's on your side.

But whatever, this isn't the first time an admin has fucked up. It's not like you guys are perfect.

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
Thanks! How did you find that?

The guy logged on the day before, had a temper tantrum calling everyone awful shit. I was reminding him of what he said and how immature it was. That's exactly what was said. I wasn't calling anyone anything. I was telling him he was an asshole for saying racial slurs in order to try to illicit emotion responses from people. You basically are shooting the guy who's on your side.

What I'm getting at is that you shouldn't of even said it, rather just of got a demo and reported him. If you want to appeal your silence this isn't the part of the forum you want to do it on.

Drytoast

Unremarkable User
What I'm getting at is that you shouldn't of even said it, rather just of got a demo and reported him. If you want to appeal your silence this isn't the part of the forum you want to do it on.

I don't care enough too.

And it's hard to remind a guy who's playing dumb of what he said during his temper tantrum. But if you recall, (that is if you were paying attention) the moment I repeated what he said that was offensive verbatim, it jogged his memory to the point that he knew what I was talking about.

Ya gone done fucked up. I'll swallow the lousy 3 days. Let's leave it at that.

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
I don't care enough too.

And it's hard to remind a guy who's playing dumb of what he said during his temper tantrum. But if you recall, (that is if you were paying attention) the moment I repeated what he said that was offensive verbatim, it jogged his memory to the point that he knew what I was talking about.

Ya gone done fucked up. I'll swallow the lousy 3 days. Let's leave it at that.

We don't allow any form of racism on our servers, if you wanted to get the point across you should have done it in a PM.

Drytoast

Unremarkable User
We don't allow any form of racism on our servers, if you wanted to get the point across you should have done it in a PM.

Naw, I wanted to ridicule him in front of everyone for the embarrassment factor, that a grown man had a temper tantrum to that level. A pm wouldn't have had the same effect. It's worth the 3 day gag.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Naw, I wanted to ridicule him in front of everyone for the embarrassment factor, that a grown man had a temper tantrum to that level. A pm wouldn't have had the same effect. It's worth the 3 day gag.
So just to embarrass the person you claim used racism, you feel it was right to break the rules by using racism yourself? Not much of a "grown man" to use "but he did it first."

Drytoast

Unremarkable User
So just to embarrass the person you claim used racism, you feel it was right to break the rules by using racism yourself? Not much of a "grown man" to use "but he did it first."

Uhm...did you read the situation fully? I didn't WANT to say it, but the guy was playing dumb. I have no regrets, if it embarrassed him enough to not act like that again, I'm ok with it. We will see.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Uhm...did you read the situation fully? I didn't WANT to say it, but the guy was playing dumb. I have no regrets, if it embarrassed him enough to not act like that again, I'm ok with it. We will see.
I did read it..so the guy did this the day before right? So with Biggie being on at the time you were using racism how would he know what happened the day before unless you did the RIGHT thing and reported him. I guess what I am saying is us Admins are here to help you in situations like this so you don't need to risk getting in trouble.

Drytoast

Unremarkable User
I did read it..so the guy did this the day before right? So with Biggie being on at the time you were using racism how would he know what happened the day before unless you did the RIGHT thing and reported him. I guess what I am saying is us Admins are here to help you in situations like this so you don't need to risk getting in trouble.

See, having listened to the conversation, then Draxus response to the comments...it would be clear what the situation was. At worst I should have just gotten a warning to not do that during the chat, and perhaps a warning to Draxus that he better not get caught saying those things. That would probably be a more appropriate response.

If a person is making a public arrest, by holding a guy down in a choke hold, for choking someone else and the police showed up...do you think they would arrest the person choking the assailant? or do you think they'd be smart enough to evaluate the situation and act appropriately?

And just so we are clear here, and I'm not gonna name names...but it was very clear that I wasn't the only player repeating the racial slurs that Draxus used the day before. And since I was just on the server and those same players seem to be able to talk. Biggie not only missed the mark on me...he was inconsistent on his missed mark...lol. Oh I know he will come back and say "well you were the only one I heard say it" To which I will respond, must have selective memory...clearly he wasn't paying attention at all to the conversation. It's like he just listened to the 3 seconds I said it...and turned his sound off.

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Nobody makes you say anything. You and your decision making, for better or worse, do. You said it. Your choice.

Drytoast

Unremarkable User
Nobody makes you say anything. You and your decision making, for better or worse, do. You said it. Your choice.

Pretty sure I already said "fine, i'll eat the 3 day gag...was worth embarrassing him". Pretty sure I said that...scroll up, just so we are on the same page.

At any rate, I got my answer. Thread can be closed, unless we wanna keep it open for people to rate posts!

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Pretty sure I already said "fine, i'll eat the 3 day gag...was worth embarrassing him". Pretty sure I said that...scroll up, just so we are on the same page.

At any rate, I got my answer. Thread can be closed, unless we wanna keep it open for people to rate posts!
/locked.
NB: people can still rate posts within locked threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.