Fake Publishing Clearing House

Discussion in 'General' started by Interrogator, May 13, 2013.

1. Interrogator

Interrogator Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

I had a phone call from a fake PCH today pretty fun stuff, they wanted me to spend like $400 on a green dot card or something along those lines.

I managed to waste around an hour of his time by giving him somewhat fictitious information oh I forgot to mention that he said I had at first 1.5 million then later he said 1 million and that I also won a Mercedes Benz.

It was also kind of funny because I could hear a slight accent so they must had to pick some of their best english speakers to do the calling.

So does anyone else have any experience with scams that are similar to this, but non-game related?
  2. StaticVoid

StaticVoid Legendary Skial King

Steam:

I get scam calls from foreign countries almost all the time. Usually I start speaking Spanish just to fuck with them.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winning Winning x 2
  3. Questionable Moose

Questionable Moose Banned

Steam:

"Hello, we're calling from X and wonder if.."
    "No thanks"
    *End the call and block the number*

Wasting time talking to telemarketer seems so pointless, that time can be spent on things you like to do!
  4. Interrogator

Interrogator Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

I used that time to wake up since I was just getting up at that time and wasting other peoples time is just one of the many things I find fun especially if they're trying to get money out of me
  5. [Furry] Meowcenary

[Furry] Meowcenary TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

So far I got something about winning a free all expenses paid vacation and another thing about winning a free ipod that came in my voicemail. How these people get my number I'll never know.
  6. TEhMAn92

TEhMAn92 Epic Skial Regular Contributor

Steam:

7. StaticVoid

StaticVoid Legendary Skial King

Steam:

"Hello, I would like to congratulate you for winning X prize."

"What kind of fucking prize did I win, bitch?"

*they hang up*

I believe I'm better at dealing with them.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winning Winning x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Shiny Charizard

Shiny Charizard Australian Skial God

Steam:

I just go with a simple "Go fuck yourself" then hang up.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Based Chocobo

Based Chocobo Epic Skial Regular Contributor

Steam:

I remember when I would put my little sister on the phone to babble at them for about 1 min before they get the hint.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Questionable Moose

Questionable Moose Banned

Steam:

Babble
    The act of ejaculating semen

Thank you Urban Dictionary for giving me the tools necessary to find out the truth in sentences!
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. ModSe7en

ModSe7en Legendary Skial King Contributor

Steam:

Put the phone up to your speakers and play this.
  12. Based Chocobo

Based Chocobo Epic Skial Regular Contributor

Steam:

I've been had!
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  13. edwinflynn

edwinflynn Unremarkable User

LOL! I agree. I think these scammers are somewhere outside US but they're using people who can speak English to create the impression that they're legit. Well, I guess people know better now. These scammers can call all they want but they'd hardly stand a chance.
  14. edwinflynn

edwinflynn Unremarkable User

And yes, I received calls like that before, but they were all automated messages purportedly from the Publisher's Clearing House, congratulating me for having won the lottery! Then I was asked to stay on the line to speak with a rep. I waited, only to tell them that I knew they were a scam, but after a few minutes, the call got disconnected. It's the same thing everyday and it was already harassing.

The scammer's phone number was 876-290-2828 and needless to say, it's been reported at CALLERCENTER already as being part of the Jamaican lottery scam call.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is publishers clearing house a fake