Frontier, Jag, and Wrangler Engy
Force'a'Nature Scout
Spy
Optional: Brass Beast Heavy, Piss Rifle Sniper, or Bazooka Soldier
Edited. Thanks for reminding me.

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
There's a bit of a rumor going around on the steam forums anything but Demo/soldier will be a waste of space.
However you from personal experience, and other matches I've heard of you need a setup kinda like this.
1.Engie
2.Demo
3.Soldier
4.Scout
5.Medic
The sixth player generally can swap to what his team needs in order to fill any gaps. For example, I find a sleeper sniper extremely useful in Decoy, narrow paths, penetration, and minicrit damage along with high damage output with a group effect. Very useful.

A spy can be very useful as well in order to take down groups of targets, such as the eight uber medic blitz that comes on mannworks.

A leveled heavy can tank ANYTHING, Trust me. I've personally gone head to head with two rapid fire soldiers and a giant minigun with quickfix as a heavy. And won.

But it all falls down to what your team NEEDS. I feel like I'm rambling so I'm going to stop here.

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Scout - FaN
Kritz Med
Engy - Jag
Demo - sticky or scottish
Soldier - rocket launcher / buff banner
Heavy - Brass Beast or stock

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Really? I was playing and pyros RULE
Pyros are one of those really situational classes, lots of people play force a nature scout to use the push force like an airblast (Personally, I fucking hate using the force a nature) Kritz Pyro also does massive dps to Tanks. But that's about it.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Medic, Demo, heavy, engy, scout, pyro.
I'd rather have a pyro with airblast than a solly with buffbanner anyday, especialy with a scout who has fan o war

I'm tempted to start a party with 3 meds and 3 heavys.. i think this could be pure ownage.

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
it all depends on the map you play but i think that the classes that are mostly needed in all maps are
Demoman- maybe two but not needed
Medic- with a kritzcrieg
Soildiers- with a buff banner
Engies- for fast movement(teleporters) and sentry wrangling and also dispensers
Scouts- to get the money, with a fan o war
(Heavies to eat sandviches)
Pyro's- to airblast the bomb carrier
i think that could work well as a good team, the heavy was a joke

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Pretty much essential if you want a sure chance of winning:
• Scout (Upgraded Scattergun or Pistol to clear out groups of weaker bots and grab cash)
• Demoman (Upgraded stickies to guard the bomb and set critstickies for tanks)
• Medic (Upgraded Kritzkrieg to give demo occasional crit buffs and topping off the Scout if his cash HP runs out)
• Engineer (Upgraded L3 sentry to finish off stray bots the scout / demo miss)

Generally nice to have in the other two slots:
• Sniper (Upgraded Stock Rifle can do a few 900 damage headshots on larger bots while a sentry or demo finishes them off)
• Pyro (Easier spy-hunting and can airblast the carrier back)
• Heavy / Soldier (General support)

A class no team really ever needs and I'm buttsore about because MvM has very little stealth elements in it:
• Spy

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I find that DH Solly works quite well
(inb4 omfg crutch noob)
Robots don't really try that hard to dodge projectiles so DH sounds viable.

That said I don't think there's a power-up to increase blast radius so you're still stuck with that trade-off no matter what.

This Name Is False

Totally Ordinary Human
Your Scout NEEDS:
Default Scatter or Soda Popper (Have highest damage capabilities)
Mad Milk (To slow the bots)
Fan O'War (To cause the Giants to take Mini-Crit damage, which killes them VERY fast)
If they have anything else, chances are they won't help as much as they would with these.

DaJaKoe

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
There must be a medic with a kritz. The heavy should have a brass beast with ammo upgrades and better speed, along with 2-3 crit power-ups.

CarebtheNarb

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Kritz Medic to buff Demo Stickies, Soldier Rockets and Heavy
Stickyspamming Demo to hold chokepoints and do damage to tank as soon as it spawns
Buff Banner Soldier to hold chokepoints and do general area attacks
Brass Beast Heavy to deal a ton of damage
x2 Wrangler Engie to lay tele, dispenser, and use sentry to do damage

Stickyspam Demo is cheap in MvM IMO. If you know where the bots are coming from you can prepare really well. And if you max the damage on the Stickybomb Launcher, you get like 200 damage per bomb.