SkialBagel

Mildly Menacing Medic
Events

Events for zombie escape have a lot of potential to bring in new and bring back old players.
Currently what we are lacking is in recognition for the gamemode, and for that, we started doing events with prizes.
The event maps that we do, atleast in my opinion, are only meant to please regulars (medium - high difficulty maps) (laser heavy maps, confusing maps)
So, here is my suggestion:
Have events with gradual difficulty: Easy - Medium - Hard
  • Easy tier maps will make newer players stay for longer, and in turn, they might start to get interested in the gamemode to get better at it.
    Maps that are easy, but not brain numbing: Breezy, Bathroom, Star wars, ryujin...

• Medium tier maps should be maps for players that have had experience with ze for atleast a few hours, and know how the gamemode works, and usually require the help of a leader.
    Maps that come to mind that fit this category are: S_A_M, Pirates_Port, Crazy Escape...

• Hard tier maps should be for the players that have played the gamemode for a long time and have refined their skills in the gamemode in various aspects. Maps in this category can split in 3 categories: Maps with hard lasers, maps with hard defenses and mixed
    Hard laser maps - Deadcore, mist, Dreamin...
    Hard defense maps - obj maps, santassination, last man standing (team win)...
    Mixed - Rush B, Gris, m0w0m...
Special events
Events themed around a certain day - April fools - add some funky maps, like last year with ze_christ_is_coming, see how the server deals with them (ze_sisyphus currently comes to mind)
or just something goofy - class wars (all spy event)

Prizes
Prizes for events should depend on the difficulty of the map:
  • Easy maps - a few days of donor
  • Medium maps - up to 2 weeks of donor
  • Hard maps - up to 1 month of donor or smth else
Event advertisement
So the server gets traction, before the event, it would be nice send a pop up in skial servers or something along those lines so people know about the event that will happen, and in turn, learn about the gamemode, or a role in the skial discord that people can react to so they get pinged when an event happens.

Gamemode advertisement
Having a pop up exclusive for ze seems quite far fetched that keeps being spammed in chat across all skail servers, so what if it was possible to do a !seed like command to let people in skial servers and in the discord to know "Hey, we exist! and we need players! join us!" with a cooldown of, lets say, 1h (more or less)
This command would require multiple people to type it, similar to rtv.

Map nominations
Currently, any map can be nominated at any point. While this is good, sometimes teams are just not prepeared, so what if you had to beat easier maps to be able to nominate harder maps.
This way, the team will build up gradually, get more comfortable around each other, and newer people will be able to catch up and be able to try a variety of different maps, instead of always playing the same laser map.

Example: beat breezy to be able to play minimal, and after beating minimal or any more difficult maps, you can nominate and attempt harder maps like deadcore
This has its problem, but if refined, could be a good adition. (just a rough example)
Ofcourse, if you lose multiple times, you regress to a lower nominatable map level difficulty

Zombie auto
Currently this is something that is frequently discussed in ze servers. People that join the server late for example, when the round starts, after zombies get autod, will get autod the next round, which means, they have to spend 2 rounds as zombie.
For your average jose.gonzales.2005, who hasnt played the gamemode at all, this might be a turn off, getting loaded up with 1000 rounds of american freedom.
How this should be changed, ill be honest, i have no idea, but i'd like to hear your suggestions

Zombie enzymes
Currently the state of zombie enzymes are terrible, some enzymes outclass others, for example, snipers enzyme (jaratee effect on humans in a large radius) is superior to soldiers enzyme (minicrits to self)In my opinion,
enzymes should be team orientated
, will avoid some classes, but share your opinion on any of them:
Scout - boosts his team in a X radius
Soldier - no idea, but needs a change, smoke screen would crash the server for sure so thats not an option
Demo - requires the player to have a shield to use, which is not clearly stated, needs a rework, but no idea how to change it
Engineer - stun radius is way too small, you have to be hugging the human for it to stun, but at that point, you might aswell just hit him. I have an idea of an EMP grenade that slows humans firing rate or destroys buildings, similar to that from the infection gamemode.

Certain enzymes and enzyme combos could prove deadly, so it might be nice if there was a way to tone it down for when there are more and more zombies.

If you have any other suggestions, write them down, the more the merrier, if you disagree with something i said, do say how you would go about it! I don't want to see this gamemode fade out of relevance in skial, as it feels unique to other zombie escape servers.
If i see something i agree with, ill add it to this suggestion, maybe with my spin, there is so much more to discuss, but i dont know what else to add right now :D

Reactions: Lord Zuko

Lord Zuko

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
i think soldier getting a mini-crit/speedboost/knockback effect (much like the banners for the humans) would probably be slightly more useful than the current implementation.