FreedVoid

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
As the title says, it would be nice if there were some way of preventing a leader's voice chat from muting all other players. Ideally, it should be via an option to either enable or disable this function (default disabled and potentially enabled if necessary). Rather than having a vote for it, perhaps there could be an exclusive leader menu to access this option, similar to how there's an exclusive menu for donors. Along with that, there could be a message in chat to let players know the status of it and a cooldown to prevent spam.

Reasoning:
After a few months of leading with this feature, it just feels very awkward at times. It seems like a weird reason, but, to elaborate, many times have come up where communicating with teammates gets hindered because the leader outright dominates. If other players need to interject while a leader is speaking due to some important thing coming up, they simply can't. There's chat, of course, but things are simply more poignant when heard on VC. In a casual setting, there are times when you might just want to talk and have fun with other players, celebrate things, and whatnot, but the VC cutoff can become very jarring if you participate. Maybe it's just a skill issue with talking too much.

Regardless, I very much understand the power of this feature in preventing people from talking over the leader when they're helping other players. It even has the added benefit of muting micspammers who join from time to time or people who start talking about the most insane things on VC. These aspects are great, and they have been appreciated so far. So, it would be interesting to hear people's opinions on a middle ground for this because, while I might support the idea, I can still see people just flooding VC when this option is disabled and people regretting their decision to disable the mute feature.

jokimty

Uncharitable Spy
+1 Sometimes you also run into situations where you really benefit from quick communication, mostly maps with split defenses (the team has to defend 2 separate locations at the same time).
It should definitely be toggleable, cause sometimes you need to talk for 20s straight, other times not so much.

Siffrin

+1 Freed is always apologising whenever he needs to talk in VC and ends up force muting everyone.

A boi

+1 ZE can be so chaotic at times leading becomes quite hard without others input, or players just want to chill and markers are enough, giving leader options to communicate is nice.

LizzieSteph

TF2 Admin
Contributor
+1 I do actually like having other players talking while I'm leading as there input can be helpful!

Though usually it just makes me feel like a total asshole whenever I mute the whole server just to make a single callout. So yeah it should 100% be a toggleable thing.

FreedVoid

Contributor
So first you guys want leader to mute voice chat and now you don't?

😂
Please re-read it carefully. I can only assume why you added the feature in - from a few complaints in Discord, since its implementation was a general surprise to the people who actually lead maps. We just rolled with it as another "unexpected change."

Again, you don't need to remove it entirely. An option to enable or disable it would be appreciated.

PoomBa

Uncharitable Spy
As the title says, it would be nice if there were some way of preventing a leader's voice chat from muting all other players. Ideally, it should be via an option to either enable or disable this function (default disabled and potentially enabled if necessary). Rather than having a vote for it, perhaps there could be an exclusive leader menu to access this option, similar to how there's an exclusive menu for donors. Along with that, there could be a message in chat to let players know the status of it and a cooldown to prevent spam.

Reasoning:
After a few months of leading with this feature, it just feels very awkward at times. It seems like a weird reason, but, to elaborate, many times have come up where communicating with teammates gets hindered because the leader outright dominates. If other players need to interject while a leader is speaking due to some important thing coming up, they simply can't. There's chat, of course, but things are simply more poignant when heard on VC. In a casual setting, there are times when you might just want to talk and have fun with other players, celebrate things, and whatnot, but the VC cutoff can become very jarring if you participate. Maybe it's just a skill issue with talking too much.

Regardless, I very much understand the power of this feature in preventing people from talking over the leader when they're helping other players. It even has the added benefit of muting micspammers who join from time to time or people who start talking about the most insane things on VC. These aspects are great, and they have been appreciated so far. So, it would be interesting to hear people's opinions on a middle ground for this because, while I might support the idea, I can still see people just flooding VC when this option is disabled and people regretting their decision to disable the mute feat

Did you know you can Mute any one by self? And who this leader?
Danke!

• Dumb
Reactions: Sore